+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Living Flame - Worth the 51 point investment?

Soulwalker

Default Living Flame - Worth the 51 point investment?

I'm talking from a PVP perspective. Does it really help that much?

I don't really WANT to put 51 points into one tree, but it looks like a really great ability, plus you get two outstanding defensive cooldowns.

Any opinions from people who are actually 50? My rogue's 49 at the moment, haha.

Shield of Telara

i don't get why people seem to be so opposed to putting 51 points in a tree... it makes you specilized in one thing yes, but you will do it very well... i run a 51/15/0 ranger nightblade assassin build and i am always top in single target DPS and typically 1 or 2 in AOE in expert dungeons

having 51 points is not bad... yet everyone seems to over think their builds...

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    i don't get why people seem to be so opposed to putting 51 points in a tree... it makes you specilized in one thing yes, but you will do it very well... i run a 51/15/0 ranger nightblade assassin build and i am always top in single target DPS and typically 1 or 2 in AOE in expert dungeons

He said PvP, not forsaking all defensive abilities and utility in order to squeak out 10 more dps PvE.

Livings Flames damage is there, I personally left it out to take Riftstalker higher for the extra mobility and defense. But I'm not finding myself lacking on damage out put so it was an easy choice.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

It's awesome if you're not as much sneaky as you are brazen. Dark malady + 6 sec invinc + Living Flame + Fell blades = dead team if you have people with synchronized AE.
    "Well get used to it, because it's kind of my main move."

I love living flame. It's got a short cooldown and you can attack others while using it (and if someone stuns you after you've popped it then it's still going off regardless of the stun).

I'll build up a 5 point scourge of darkness, then hit living flame followed by dusk to dawn. If the target you're attacking is in living flame's range at the same time you're pretty much guaranteed a kill. It's just an insane amount of burst damage. If they happen to still be alive after then activate ebon fury and spam dusk strike / finishers until they're dead.

Activate fell blades as well so that all healing is reduced on them by 50%. Nightblade is underestimated in both PvP and PvE. It's extremely strong when used right and one of the classes I have no problem putting 51 points into.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post

it's not that im opposed to it.. i'd really like to have living bomb in my nb build, but for me, 21 in bladedancer for flash of steel on a 15sec cooldown seems to work better.

+ Reply to Thread