+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fastest soul/s for leveling

Soulwalker

Default Fastest soul/s for leveling

Level 16 currently assasin / riftstalker but it seems like there would be something better for leveling - any suggestions would be geat - thanks

bard because it will get you invted to dungeons more often than most other souls.

Telaran

At your level i think Bard / Ranger (for pet) is pretty good for leveling (up to lev 30).

Keep pet and yourself healed with Cadence & Keep motifs up etc etc.

Soulwalker

I have tested a few different combinations...melee and ranged.

I used the assassin self healing build, but seemed to have alot more down time drinking to et back into a fight.

Ranged MM/Ranger/Cant remember I think Riftstalker has been the best build for me so far.

For some reason I have out quested my lvling. I am questing areas with mobs 2-3 levels higher than me (currently 24 before I left for work) and I was missing every 2nd or 3rd shot. I respecced and put 2 points in Riftstalkers +hit and now I can solo mobs 3-4 lvls higher with very little down time.

This build will change at lvl 30 of course since my pet wont lvl with out inproved piggy.
    Last edited by Unlovable; 03-14-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Ranger/Bard

Other combos will have faster kill time, but at a non sustainable pace.
    It also AEs well and can handle adds so if you get spawned on you're fine.

Assassin will kill faster from the first hit to the last, but including prep and downtime I doubt you'll find anything that will out pace Ranger/Bard.

Of course with grouping you can just do full Bard or Riftstalker and fly through content, but I'll assume you meant solo in your post.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Unlovable View Post
    I have tested a few different combinations...melee and ranged.

I used the assassin self healing build, but seemed to have alot more down time drinking to et back into a fight.

Ranged MM/Ranger/Cant remember I think Riftstalker has been the best build for me so far.

For some reason I have out quested my lvling. I am questing areas with mobs 2-3 levels higher than me (currently 24 before I left for work) and I was missing every 2nd or 3rd shot. I respecced and put 2 points in Riftstalkers +hit and now I can solo mobs 3-4 lvls higher with very little down time.

This build will change at lvl 30 of course since my pet wont lvl with out inproved piggy.

Its Bladedancer first tier of the soul. had to check zam.

Plane Touched

To all those suggesting bard.... have you really tried anything else besides it ?

I tried bard/ranger myself and it was safe but slow. Really slow when compared to assasin/bladedancer/riftstalker variations.

Here are some suggestions:
    lvl 20: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVMp.VMdh..Vcbh
    lvl 25: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVMp.VMduu0M..Vcbh
    lvl 30: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...duu0MRMb..Vcbh
    lvl 35: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...u0MRMd.0V.Vcbh
    lvl 40: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Md.0VMz.VcbI0o
    lvl 45: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dz.0VMz.VcbI0s

I have to mention that I am level 45 now so I cant actually make suggestions for higher than that :P
    I also switch souls occasionally to try new stuff but this what I found out to work best for me.

Reasoning behind spec:
    8 assasin is for the nice passive boost to damage + 2 poisons. I rarely bother with stealth.
    13 Riftstalker gives you health on kill which I consider mandatory. If you dont get this you will have to drink. I hate drinking.
    20 Riftstalker gives you 4 teleports. And a great damage bonus when you do teleport.

Main damage comes from bladancer abilities.
    I use a macro like this
    cast Reprisal
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

You dont need Rhymic abilities much while quest grinding. The only 2 ones that I find myself using is the dodge one when I get ganked and the sprint which is great for fast moving. Thatswhy I've not invested much in them.

As your finishers you keep False Blade and Dauntless Strike up. Then use Deadly Strike.
    Twin Strike + Compound is awesome when you got 2+ mobs on you.

Switch mobs with a charge - teleport rotation once you get your teleports. before that charge when you can else run to them.

At level 45 it usually takes me 7-8 secs per mob and I can survive any sensible number of mobs that I can meet while questing. I have to note that kill time is roughly the same as with the assasin builds I have tried. Thing is that with assasin it took me longer to switch from mob to mob due to stealth.
    Last edited by Pyrah; 03-15-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Champion

a sin/rs/ranger set up works well until 35ish then you need to swap ranger out.

sin upto leeching, rs up to rift scavenger then just focus on getting as much damage as you can.

leeching keeps you healthy during fight, scavenger tops you back up after it ready to move onto the next one.

Soulwalker

I'm currently lvl 45, as a BladeDancer.

I suggest Ranger/Marksman until lvl 30
    Then Asassin/Riftstalker until 50.

Its fast and has great aoe/leveling survivability. And it was mainly because I couldn't handle another 20 levels of the most boring class I've ever played, A typical Wow Hunter.

Telaran

Tried many setups and the fastest was Marksman/Ranger/Assassin till lvl 30 and then Ranger/Marksman/Assassin from there.

That way your pet will still be able to tank and you can kill mobs non stop and you kill them fast.

Telaran

Why do you want to LEVEL FAST?

let me guess..

You are from WoW, and have been playing it so long that you think there is no enjoyment in going from 1 to 50..

You wasting your money here if thats your mentality.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Secured View Post

let me guess..

You are from WoW, and have been playing it so long that you think there is no enjoyment in going from 1 to 50..

Because like wow the game starts @ level 50????

Because having more skills makes the game more fun?

Because he enjoys leveling fast???

You can really take your pick from any of these. Thanks.

Ascendant

I've found Ranger/Riftstalker to be very smooth at leveling.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Telaran

I'm at level 35 as Sin/BD and I'm doing fine. Nice survivability, a few heals from leeching poison + Greater Essence and I can fight mobs because I have compound attack and Side Steps, which is pretty nice. Downtime for me is zero, unless I fight a huge mob or a rare/boss, then I have to sit and eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Secured View Post

let me guess..

Guess is underestimating your abilitys "Let me tell you" would be more like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast