+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how you decided to choose sab

Default how you decided to choose sab

for me i chose sab because the icon reminded me of the bomb pieces in stratego.

how did YOU come across choosing this awesome class

Soulwalker

It crits people for their whole life bar... what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Takkara View Post
    It crits people for their whole life bar... what's not to like?
    hahaha definitely.

the nerf threads in beta, i was a marksman and didnt even pick up the soul for the longest time till i saw videos of it.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

VFA-105 IYOYAS

Ordie
    39 Sab
    Deepwood

Its been the highest PvE DPS spec that I've seen.

Merc - 50 Rogue - Briarcliff
    Sin - Sab - Sab - Rift

Telaran

throwing bombs sounded cool and I wanted to try out an aoe spec, so Intended on having it as my dps spec..... then not gonna lie - I got wtfowned by one in my first battleground in beta, so I went to try it right away.

Telaran

The concept of not doing any damage with the charges is what I liked. It also reminded me of Mad Bomber from HxH Greed Island.

When i noticed how frustrating was playing warfronts with a mele rogue in PUGs. So went from 2 kills 5 deaths per match to 4-15 kills 1-3 deaths per match.

Rift Disciple

Sap a lowbie
    Attach 5 charges
    /bye
    detonate

Rift Disciple

I picked by reading the website descriptions and looking over the soul trees, before I ever actually played the game. I'm normally a melee-oriented guy, but I do have a weakness for explosives. My first Arcanum character was a bomb-throwing dwarf (which I played in beta), too.

I think I was a fan of the idea I could stack five charges and usually wreck someone in pvp, especially if their focus was elsewhere. I dunno, I'm a fan of the pew pew.
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)

<Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

Soulwalker

I have a natural aversion to FotM builds because I assume they take no skill to play. That isn't necessarily true - a class can do OP damage but still be hard to play correctly.

Anyway I main Sin/BD but got sick of melee in Warfronts because most people rely on auto-targeting to pick a target for them and that means the nearest guy (ie melee) gets shafted.

I tried MM at first but god is Markmans boring. The kiting idea is nice, but if you're not actually getting attacked and therefore having to kite, it's the simplest spec I've played yet. And that includes the one-button Shaman spec. Absolutely no skill required.

So I changed to Sab, and while it's not my favourite spec ever, it is certainly fun running into Black Garden and dropping a Chem Bomb on the fang so it can't get capped, followed by an Ad Bomb on the enemy blob to keep them together, then an Ann Bomb to stun the entire blob, then a Frag Bomb to AoE the blob, then Bombing Run followed by 4 more Frag Bombs, then another Chem Bomb on the fang, another Ann Bomb to stun the blob again, and finally an Ad Bomb and Land Mines to slow the blob of people who are now chasing me (HURR DURR SAB IS JUST SPAMMING CHARGES HURR).

Meanwhile as a Marksman I would've been plinking away spamming Swift/Empowered shot on one target.
    Last edited by Rook White; 03-15-2011 at 03:24 AM.

I saw Saboteur noobs in warfronts, thought this must be the lamest class ever and stuck with Blade Dancer.

and all you noobs posting here know very well deep inside you're just a bunch of sad oprollers - most of you anyway

Quote Originally Posted by McBobber View Post
    I saw Saboteur noobs in warfronts, thought this must be the lamest class ever and stuck with Blade Dancer.

and all you noobs posting here know very well deep inside you're just a bunch of sad oprollers - most of you anyway
    Such eloquent writing. It's readily apparent that we're not dealing with a noob here... /guffaw
    Ordie
    IYAOYAS
    SLING 'EM HOT!

+ Reply to Thread