+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealth is broken, fix please!

Default Stealth is broken, fix please!

At the moment both stealth abilities from Nightblade/assasin are broken.

For example: Maximum range you can see players is around 50m right?
    If you are stealthed they can see you from Meridian in Sanctum or vice versa.

If you see a player 1 level higher then you, there is no point in stealth. He will see you 2000m away.
    Please fix this bug.

I know it is a bug, because it would be stupid to make an ability useless against anyone who is 1 level higher then you.

Telaran

Why are you so sure that its a bug?

The fact that its only people higher level than you that can see you would make it NOT a bug, its just how the skill works.

FYI, not everyone higher level than you can see you - i think there is a CHANCE that they can see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqwire View Post
    Why are you so sure that its a bug?

The fact that its only people higher level than you that can see you would make it NOT a bug, its just how the skill works.

FYI, not everyone higher level than you can see you - i think there is a CHANCE that they can see you.
    So it is not a bug that a 4 level higher warrior charges me from highest range while I am in stealth? He didn't have me targeted before. He just came and charged.

it's not a bug

To be honest it's right that a higher level can see you, his perception or whatever the equivalent underlying stat is, a lot higher than yours. To him you might swell not be in stealth, and I think rightly so, but that's just IMHO.

However, you can use stealth to your advantage even when they are able to see through your stealth. Through clever positioning you can get away from ?? Level enemies by simple confusion and line of sight trickiness (buildings/Walls and rocks/trees are your friend). I honestly don't think it's a bug at all, just my 2 cents.
    Follow the epic uphill battle of max prestige and domination of Telara, albeit in a somewhat slow manner ;) In the hazardous PVP realm of Imperium (EU) :P - Or feel free to follow / drop me a line about anything Rift on twitter - @Bullzeye_EU

If the NPC or Player is a RED con (4+ levels then you) they can see through your invis and thats how it was coded to work.

Invis does not mean you can go anywhere you want.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    So it is not a bug that a 4 level higher warrior charges me from highest range while I am in stealth? He didn't have me targeted before. He just came and charged.
    first you said 1 level higher, now it's 4 levels higher. Sounds fine to me

Oh, and fun somewhat related fact: you can see lower level mobs using stealth from any range, throw an adhesive bomb at them and they'll try to attack you but be completely immobile, it made me lol

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Didnt i point this out in my first post?

Its the mechanic of the skill. Higher levels have a chance to see you. He doesnt need to have you targetted before. He can see you. He can target and charge you.

BTW, i play a sin as my main soul. If we were invis to everyone all the time then it would be OP.

If only people who are higher level can see you - who cares.

Level up.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Telaran

I stopped playing the Assassin because even con mobs would see me.

Rift only game I'm aware of where stealth means everyone can see you.

Useless skill imo.

Specced out of it.

Telaran

Useless spec?

You just dont know how to use it.

Its not 100% invis to every mob out there. Its not 100% invis to ANY mob out there.

If it was useless, i wouldnt be able to stealth into a cave / camp / whatever, complete my quest - only killing the required mobs, & stealth back out undetected.

Shield of Telara

lol people think cause stealth in wow is broken that when its working correctly in everyone other game its broken...

news flash - In all good MMOs you can get get in any ones face while stealthed, and higher level mobs and players will see your lowbie butt from a mile away

+ Reply to Thread