+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bleeding damage Vs. Physical damage

Shadowlander

Default Bleeding damage Vs. Physical damage

I'm not sure i fully understand the bleeding damage system. i know its basically damage over time, but my question is...for PvP is physical > bleeding because its instant?

I keep healing about attacks like "jagged edge" that inflict amazing damage, but i dont use them because its damage over 10 seconds....and alot can change in 10 seconds in a fight, sometimes the fight may not even last that long. So it seems like damage over time is not as good as straight up direct damage.
    So i tend to stay away from putting points into skills that increase bleeding damage and stay away from most attacks that are primarily bleeding damage attacks.

Am I really missing out by not using these types of attacks/abilities?
    Rift - Briarcliff(Gaurdian) - SpiderMonkey Rogue/Assassin

DarkFall Online - NA1 - Ely Ely
    DFO gameplay video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B4SVypp1IM(720p)

Asherons Call - Darktide - Corrupt

Griefing Carebears into submission since '97

If you dont spec for (or) use bleeds then dont go assassin.

All physical damage is mitigated by armor, if you had a pure phy DD class it would get owned very quickly in PvP and PvE when u get to the higher level mobs.
    If you dont want to use bleeds then take BD or one of the other souls as your main and then go up assassin for the crits.

An assassin without using bleeds is kinda like a mage that wants to melee and not use magic damage.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticred View Post
    If you dont spec for (or) use bleeds then dont go assassin.

All physical damage is mitigated by armor, if you had a pure phy DD class it would get owned very quickly in PvP and PvE when u get to the higher level mobs.
    If you dont want to use bleeds then take BD or one of the other souls as your main and then go up assassin for the crits.

An assassin without using bleeds is kinda like a mage that wants to melee and not use magic damage.
    thanks for the info.
    Rift - Briarcliff(Gaurdian) - SpiderMonkey Rogue/Assassin

DarkFall Online - NA1 - Ely Ely
    DFO gameplay video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B4SVypp1IM(720p)

Asherons Call - Darktide - Corrupt

Griefing Carebears into submission since '97

Plane Touched

IIRC it takes about 4 ticks for Jagged Strike to deal more damage than Assassinate.
    I love bleeds as opposed to frontloaded damage, simply because people tend to discount DoTs when they have high health.

ie: someone that gets hit out of stealth for half their health pool is more likely to panic and use escape moves/cooldowns than someone that sees a small amount of health missing.
    Given that Jagged-> Puncture->Impale tends to load someone up with enough damage to nearly kill them, and can be done in about 2 seconds it is a great opener.

No to mention bleeds have the wonderful tendency to kill people as they run/if they beat you in a close fight.

+ Reply to Thread