+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone try this MM / NB / RS

Default Anyone try this MM / NB / RS

Hey guys, I normally play Sab / Bard. I figured I would dabble in some other souls for fun. I'm thinking after playing around with this for a while today that this build may actually work. Remember you get 20% more dmg on finishers when you open with a Dark Malady add in Coupe De Grace for another 15%. The idea is to open with..

Dark Malady ( 2 pts ) > Dusk to Dawn ( 4 pts ) > Dead Eye Finisher + 35% more Finisher dmg

Now I'll have built up 2 points on the Heat Retention. Next you Empowered Shot, Swift Shot, Static Shot, holding the player still for 5 seconds. This should give you regen time. Then you jump into a Strafe. With the next 3 abilities you should have 5 points and can end with Strafe for a 5 point Heat Retention.

Empowered Shot ( 2 pts ) > Swift Shot ( 2 points ) > Barbed Shot (1 pt) > Strafe + 35% more Finsher Dmg

Heat Retention is now at max your about to do your final blow here.. 20% more dmg on finisher + Coupe De Grace for another 15% So a 35% more bonus to your Finisher. So you end them with this combo..

Static Shot > Dead Eye (4 pts) > Barbed Shot ( 1 pt ) > Quick Reload > Strafe + 35% more Finisher Dmg

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o0s.ehtoqd0udo

Obviously, this is the perfect world with no one moving or fighting back. However, I think if I do it correctly and stick to this type of fighting this build may work well. Any how, it's more or less theorycrafting in my head more or less. Thoughts on this build and critics welcome

Telaran

The build sounds good in theory, I do have some critique to add.

I understand that Heat retention only procs on finisher abilities, and I don't believe that Strafe will fire it off, you might be better off with another deadeye shot.

If scourge of darkness procs off of ranged attacks, get it 100%, it is the most powerful finisher available to a rogue.

The critical flaw with this setup is that strafe isn't a finisher.

PvP against me is alot like sex with me. Its quick, unexpected and ends with only me satisfied.

Well holy crap, how the hell did I miss that hahah. Ok So I think I'll just do Dead Eyes for finishers. However, in theory this should work none the less. I'm going to have to hit 50 and see for sure.

I also realized that I said 20% from Heat Retention it's 30% so increases it to a total of 45% on a Finisher like Dead Eye for 465 + 15% From Simple Minded Focus.. your at 534 Now take 45% more dmg? 775 on a Non crit Dead Eye. You can see where I'm going with this

Shadowlander

Add another point to nightblade and change some points into weapon enchantment buff and improved twilight force and you have a healing debuff and a snare.

Something like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Roo.E0toqk0udo

also got scourge of darkness if it works on ranged attacks.
    Last edited by Avanis; 03-14-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Avanis View Post
    Add another point to nightblade and change some points into weapon enchantment buff and improved twilight force and you have a healing debuff and a snare.

Something like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Roo.E0toqk0udo

also got scourge of darkness if it works on ranged attacks.
    +1 Dusk to Dawn and the Healing Debuff are the bread and butter of a Nightblade build, with Living Flame being amazing for purists.

Here are some of my suggestions:
    • If you REALLY want to screw with Healers of any kind, somehow find 5 points to funnel into the Infiltrator soul for the weapon enchant that causes spells to take 25% longer to cast upon proc. That combined with the NB healing debuff means you'll absolutely wreck them with your current damage output.
    • You're also currently losing any benefits from Nightstalker if you're going to use your ranged tree as the finisher portion of your spike. If you want to stay that way, I would take the 3 points out of that an allocate them elsewhere in the tree.
    • I personally wouldn't worry too much about increasing your range by putting points into Keen Eye because, from what I see, you'll be pretty close to the enemy during the entire fight. Instead, switch those points into Sharpshooter for the increased hit chance.
    Overall, it looks like a VERY interesting concept. Good luck and I hope I helped you out

+ Reply to Thread