+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No Bladedancers in PvP?

Shadowlander

Default No Bladedancers in PvP?

Wow.

I went back 6 pages and there's not one single post about Bladedancers in PvP.

Do they just not work at all? It seems to me like a BD/NB/Infil build could do well as a post stealth killer with some tricks and survivability.

So is BD really that bad?

Well, don't take me as gospel as I'm only level 17 atm, but I have a blast in the Fang matches as a BD/NB/Assassin. Stealth, ranged builder, and great survivability. I don't ever lose if I go toe to toe with someone and I love to use my AoEs to disrupt the other team during a Fang fumble. While I can certainly hold my own in a thick melee, I prefer to lurk around the outside of the battle and take out the ranged classes that are trying to harrass my team's healers or the Fang carrier. Being far from their own group and with no back up or heals, they usually don't stand a chance. At a low level though, I find it difficult to take on Clerics (isn't it like that with all low level classes, tho?) as I don't have any CC to counter their healing yet. BD's are also great at grabbing the Fang quickly and getting it away from all the ruckus with their dodge buffs.

The only downside? Towards the end of the match I'm usually the first one to get focus fired into oblivion because of all the damage I inflicted earlier. This makes me both happy and sad. In this bracket I usually end a match with 14k-18k DPS and usually always 10k damage taken- everybody hates the rogues

Whether this is the case at higher levels some other BD will have to answer. But I can only imagine that it gets better as you get even more survivability, better CC, a lot more mobility (that very sexy combat charge I can't wait to get) and much more DPS.

Rift Disciple

i tried bladedancer/nb/rift for a while, and while it was quite good fun at times (in the lower brackets particuarly) it just doesnt hold a candle to NB/BD/rift.
    Praps a BD/Rift/xx would work better; bladedancers suffers from a lack of mobility in warfronts (despite FoS and sprint) and their avoidance really doesnt give enough survivabilty on its own, or even combined with a few defensive nightblade root abilitys. Praps with more focus in riftstalker the defensive/mobility problems could be solved at high levels.
    Last edited by porps; 03-12-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Champion of Telara

It kind of feels like a solo PvE soul to me. You could make it work in PvP, but I think with the same amount of effort you would be more effective with one of the other MDPS rogues.

I say that having never played one in PvP. Dancing steel would probably be pretty good when not on CD.

If they got rid of the whole exhaustion thing it might be decent.

Champion of Telara

I'm 32 assassin, 22 BD, 5 sab @ 44. I'll be going up to 30 points in BD.

I think it's great. I use same spec for both PvE and PvP. And in solo PvE I only do quests that are 2-3 levels higher than me.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 03-12-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    It kind of feels like a solo PvE soul to me. You could make it work in PvP, but I think with the same amount of effort you would be more effective with one of the other MDPS rogues.

I say that having never played one in PvP. Dancing steel would probably be pretty good when not on CD.

Bladedancer is almost exclusive to pve solo leveling build or battling against a tank type in pvp.

With all the dodge/parry/block procs it really has no place in endgame where you'd be pidgeon-holed into a tanking role (Rift secondary)

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    And this is why people don't spec in bladedancer. Because they do not understand what it means to be exhausted(I didn't either at first.).

Being exhausted most people think means you are going to be without energy for the next 30 seconds and thus useless. This is false. Being exhausted in no way touches your energy levels.

"Exhausted" is nothing more than a shared cooldown among a few bladedancer talents. Does not touch your energy or in any way screw you over.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 03-13-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Iccon View Post
    Bladedancer is almost exclusive to pve solo leveling build or battling against a tank type in pvp.

With all the dodge/parry/block procs it really has no place in endgame where you'd be pidgeon-holed into a tanking role (Rift secondary)
    No it's not. It sure is funny listening to people who obviously have never spent many points into the soul try to theorycraft on what it is like.

You are given many talents to deal with casters. In my Assasssin/Bladedancer build I get all the opening "pop/burst" of assassin, but unlike most assassins who turn into wet noodles after that point, I keep on dishing it out due to my better combo building damage. Yes it is a very good against other melee PvP, but you've got 3 souls to mess around in.

Bladedancer gives you a 30% bonus to damage on a cooldown that works just as good on clerics/mages/rogues. You also get a sprint to help with kiters, as well as a charge->stun skill. And on top of that you get a ranged interupt with a silence upon interupt.

If you guys don't know **** about the bladedancer soul, then just ****.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    And this is why people don't spec in bladedancer. Because they do not understand what it means to be exhausted(I didn't either at first.).

Being exhausted most people think means you are going to be without energy for the next 30 seconds and thus useless. This is false. Being exhausted in no way touches your energy levels.

"Exhausted" is nothing more than a shared cooldown among a few bladedancer talents. Does not touch your energy or in any way screw you over.
    Umm, yeah, I don't think anyone thought that except for you. Exhaustion still sucks, though.

Rift Disciple

No it's not. It sure is funny listening to people who obviously have never spent many points into the soul try to theorycraft on what it is like.

You are given many talents to deal with casters. In my Assasssin/Bladedancer build I get all the opening "pop/burst" of assassin, but unlike most assassins who turn into wet noodles after that point, I keep on dishing it out due to my better combo building damage. Yes it is a very good against other melee PvP, but you've got 3 souls to mess around in.

Bladedancer gives you a 30% bonus to damage on a cooldown that works just as good on clerics/mages/rogues. You also get a sprint to help with kiters, as well as a charge->stun skill. And on top of that you get a ranged interupt with a silence upon interupt.

If you guys don't know **** about the bladedancer soul, then just ****.
    I agree, bladedancer has some amazing stuff. Make a macro to use the reactives together and it's some good fun.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFastHands View Post
    Umm, yeah, I don't think anyone thought that except for you. Exhaustion still sucks, though.
    Oh yeah, the total of 6 abilities out of all the crazy things bladedancer gives is just play awful let me tell you.

These are the abilities that share cooldowns:

50% dodge for 15 seconds.
    30% damage for 15 seconds.
    70% sprint speed for 15 seconds.
    -------------------------------------------All above come before 30 points.
    100% crit chance and 100% bonus damage to major combo builders for 15 seconds.(at 32 points).
    Combo build hits twice, and gives 1 extra combo building for 15 seconds(at 40 points).
    0 energy consumption + 50% increased crit for 15 seconds(at 51 points).

Now if you want to make the argument that once you get over 31 points in the soul, it in itself provides little bonus - then sure I'll go along with that. I can't see going 51 points into the soul for what it gives. Just like I can't see going 51 points in the assassin tree either for what little it gives. But otherwise, it's a great soul when used in conjunction with other souls.

Soulwalker

I'm lv 25, been doing BD/Sab

Build 5 charges from afar->Blade Thrust in->Daunting Blade->Build 1 charge->Detonate

Still messing around with the 3rd soul

Soulwalker

something that people would know if they did look at the talents, not even play it just look at talents. You can get to 21 second durations and 20 second exhaustion. Yes you cant spam 50% dodge, but you can stance dance. 50% dodge for 21 seconds - 30% dmg for 21 seconds - 50% crit n no energy ofr 21 seconds - etc etc etc. You can stance dance and its sooo crazy. Add in your short cooldown dash with snare, your good aoe damage, and you have a nice TEAM pvp soul. You can handle those phys enemies, you can decimate in a team skirmish too. people arent looking into the strengths of the soul.

Whoah now..I can't pop all those dances together...hey billy is doing the macarena tango salsa, man hes got mad skills. To be serious though, 50% dodge, 30% dmg, 50% crit AND no energy cost, 70% move speed. 21 second durations, 20s shared cd, so they cant be used together, but can back to back. That is completely fair and realistic, each is quite powerful on its own. Wouldnt be fair for a rogue to pop up for 21 seconds of crazy mitigation, crazy damage, always critting, no energy costs to slow him down, leaping ontop of you and rooting you, with his skills hitting twice each for double dmg and dbl combo points. Yes that isnt ridiculous, thats completely fair.

Yes dbl hit and combo points and 50%crit/no energy use would last 21 seconds with a 35s cd. Thats again to make it not ridiculously OP. Nobody else gets anything like that. Adding 50% crit makes u nearly auto crit with your crit prior to using that. 21 second duration is 3X a shaman auto crit...and you arent using energy so spam spam spam.

Which is exactly the reason I keep away from Bladedancer, because I am unable to activate 50% dodge, 50% ms speed buff, 50% crit buff or 30% damage buff at the sametime. Its just ******ed for a soul to be completely buff based, and then unable to rotate its buffs.
    Play to Crush.

Plane Touched

I have been playing around in wf as sin/bd/NB and loving it. My main 1,2,3 is keen steike, offhand strike, ranged fire from NB. Open with assassinate. Close with final blow or impaled if my opener didn't get them low enough(slip away and repeat while they are taking dot damage).
    Me and a fellow sin were doing this in wf and had a blast. Nothing is as fun as getting on vent and coordinating stuns(especially my favorite lost hope).
    Back to op though, my bd tree only goes 10points so far as my point dump. NB is a req 10 points, sin req 32 for impaled, rest will go into bd/sin. Love the dodge cd. Pretty much a jumble of words, but wanted to let you know I use bd as my main out of stealth combo builder.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast