+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with my Assassin pvp build

Default Help with my Assassin pvp build

Can I get some input on this level 50 pvp build? I went with NB to get a bit of ranged attacks, that way if they manage to kite me, I can still hit them and finish them off.

Thanks in advance!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....xx0M0c.V0toRo

Quote Originally Posted by DaShady View Post
    Can I get some input on this level 50 pvp build? I went with NB to get a bit of ranged attacks, that way if they manage to kite me, I can still hit them and finish them off.

Thanks in advance!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....xx0M0c.V0toRo

No one?

That bad?

If you want to play mainly Assassin, the nightblade don't seems to be the best choice if you think "oh they are going to kite me".

I'm not saying it could not work (not even check you build in details), try it you'll see, but with Assassin / Bladedancer...nobody can kite you

Champion of Telara

I personally can't really comment on it because I've never played with nightblade really, nor the pvp soul as I'm not 50 and can't put more than 10 points in it, which gives you awful things really.

As for the assassin part, it's nothing I would personally go, however I do not know what the nightblade is doing to boost what you've chosen, so i'm probably not realizing the full potential of that part of the build.

It's a bit early for most people to be talking level 50 builds, only a few around here could really say, so better be patient for a response. I'm only 44 ATM, and apparently even that far is well above the curve.

I am not 50 but I consider myself a good sin. So this is what I would go with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dR.xx0M0c.V0xo I had 1 point left over so I just put it in enduring brew. Pop it with a pot and you should be able to be clutch with this build. You see what I Read is that the current 50 sins hit like girls so even right now I am going for as much dmg as possible
    Last edited by Araumos; 03-13-2011 at 06:13 AM.

I mainly chose to go with Nightblade because they add damage to combo point generating abilities and finishers. Does this not work the way I thought?

Telaran

Why no cloak and dagger?

Quote Originally Posted by DaShady View Post
    I mainly chose to go with Nightblade because they add damage to combo point generating abilities and finishers. Does this not work the way I thought?
    Well the thing is if you want to play a sin you need to buff up the dmg. And you don't need so many abilities. Just the sin and the fieryspike and the one I spec into from NB for when they run. Let me see how to explain it. Pick a soul. Unless you go sab. You want to take the core abilities from that soul. Look at it carefully. What do you need what don't you need. Once you have that figured you need to boost the dmg. Because it isn't enough with just what your soul gives you. Since you arent 50 that build isn't gonna work for awhile because you need to earn prestige in order to use that soul that high. For fresh 50 I am gonna with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....GARftofodbR.V

So, you will be using hellfireblades and a poison of your choice. when people start running fiery spike and if they are almost dead you have a ranged finisher at your disposal. Of course playing the sin when close enough and closing the gap with shadow shift. This is all in theory because I haven't hit 50 yet. And I am noticing that this game will end being a this is the only pvp build for rogue type of thing. Even though I hope not. If my build works like it does now I will be happy. But already I hear things will be different in the 40 bracket so let's see.
    Last edited by Araumos; 03-15-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Also serpent strike looks good. But I can't really say how things will work out at 50. The lower brackets are fun for me because as a sin you really need to be on your A game. For example in WF's I pick out my last target from the zerg and use lost hope. When it is done I use it again. And setup for a solo kill. I get ahead of my team and use lost hope on clerics and warriors. It keeps them out of the game for awhile. When they get my shard I am already in the middle waiting for the carrier ready to use lost hope. A sin isn't just a dps machine because that is a effective CC. Some fights you need to use slip away and assassinate them or paralyzing strike again use judgment on either a impale or a final blow. If you want to kill them with a dot in group fights you better switch targets and work on someone else once you feel that impale is gonna kill them. Man, the sin is very situational and look at this wall of text you made me type. PS I love the sin soul also don't forget the pots

couldn't edit my post so yeah for more post count
    Last edited by Araumos; 03-15-2011 at 05:50 AM.

yeah another post because of stupid edit thing

here is a macro don't know if you use it.

/cast puncture
    /cast backstab
    /savage strike

if you get serpent strike just add it to the begining of the macro.

my fiery spike is bound to Q slip away on R. You need to remap buttons to be a good pvper I am sure you knew that but thats more info

remap Q,E,R,F,G,T,Z,C,V makes things faster. my Z and C are bound on my mouse that has 2 buttons on the side. I use it to apply poison thing crap and for shadow shift. F is for my health pot these are important you need health pots. DONT KEYBOARD TURN
    Last edited by Araumos; 03-15-2011 at 05:59 AM.

And to answer your question yes the combo and finisher dmg boost from NB is good and works well at my bracket. Again stupid edit restrictions. Sorry for so many posts on your thread. I am on a good one atm.

Soulwalker

What do you think about this build ?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...os.0Aofx0fodbo

Quote Originally Posted by Nyuriel View Post
    What do you think about this build ?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...os.0Aofx0fodbo
    that is a NB heavy build I wouldn't know about that. But again look at what you are specing into. Think that if you don't get all the passive dmg increase you will be gimp. At least like I said I hear the 50's saying the stealth rogues hit like girls. So the dmg increase from a RS is a must imo and needs 5 points in it. So if you want a NB build. Play with it. Fill in the dmg increase with the sin soul. At least that is my opinion about this game. Looked at your build again and I must say it does look interesting. Heat retention and even tide you don't need imo and those points can be spent on the RS passive to increase dmg. And you get the endurance buff when you put 5 points in RS. Points from even tide can go to Physical Trauma adding a longer dot. I would love to hear what a 50 sin is currently doing. I know there needs to be one or 2 that have been testing out the 50 pvp waters.
    Last edited by Araumos; 03-15-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Also you should get impale. That dot is pretty sick.

I personally would put enough points in riftstalker to unlock stalker phase and shadow assault (getting the 15% crit talent as well of course). Gives you plenty of mobility and a lot better damage output, a perfect synergy that helps you deal with the most glaring issues of assassin soul (lack of mobility and burst), you also get a pretty nice hp boost on the way.
    Last edited by Terpsichore; 03-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast