+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Assassin - pointless

Plane Touched

Default Rogue Assassin - pointless

i know its been discussed...but..

TRION please sort out Assassin...at this point in time i see no reason for this soul at all. I love playing rogues and love the playstyle etc and whilst i can still do some excellent damage in pvp i feel utterly inadequate compared to other classes.

As many have said, it just makes more sense to roll a warrior an have the armour to go with the DPS.

What exactly did you have in mind for the rogue class? As leather wearers we dont get the armour of warriors or even healers and yet they can do the same if not better DPS than us.....please explain?

i know this is a rant of sorts but it certainly needs addressing.

If i had the time i'd be rolling a new character.

Please Trion...have a look at this class.

Soulwalker

Default wake up

man for shure rogue are so much more powerful than a warrior, the DPS of a rogue is much agressive and i have like 8s of stun with my assassin.

Rift Chaser

What defensive abililities do you have? What utility abilities? If you've put all your points into DPS and are just trying to burst everyone down, it's no wonder you're having a hard time of it. With the amount of CC in this game, you have to have ways to break it, particularly as a melee class.

Soulwalker

If you were talking specifically about the Assassin soul, I could agree with you more or less, they kinda miss some damage imho, but to expand it to the entire Rogue class is just wrong. Have you ever seen Saboteurs damage? Do that, then tell me rogues are gimped damage-wise.

I cant say I share your experience. Granted is only level 36 at the moment, but I steamroll through PvE content and PvP is a nice game of "Nuke the clothies, CC the plate-users and spread panic so our Team can win!". Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

What is it specifically you are having problems with? Except going against the classes which is suppose to steamroll through you/us? (the whole rock/scissor/paper design philosiphy).

Plane Touched

sorry i did mean assassin...not any other rogue souls.

I have not just gone full assassin, i have tried some in bard and experimented with RB, several combinations with little success.

My point is we are at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretunia View Post
    I cant say I share your experience. Granted is only level 36 at the moment, but I steamroll through PvE content and PvP is a nice game of "Nuke the clothies, CC the plate-users and spread panic so our Team can win!". Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

What is it specifically you are having problems with? Except going against the classes which is suppose to steamroll through you/us? (the whole rock/scissor/paper design philosiphy).
    I agree, I'm not having any issue in PvP. You have to know your targets and understand how to look for opportunity. anyone at 50% health is a dead man if I see them as well as mages not surrounded by support. See someone 35m out trying to run and not looking behind them, my MM abilities finish them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercia View Post
    sorry i did mean assassin...not any other rogue souls.

I have not just gone full assassin, i have tried some in bard and experimented with RB, several combinations with little success.

My point is we are at a disadvantage.
    Still not clear on your point, what is the disadvantage?

I used to think this too but I learned to time my fights, pick who I attack and use macros.

If you are looking to go charging into battle and wipe everything in your path, this is not the class for you.

One of the little things you can do is to move in behind the enemy and Incapacitate one of the healers rushing back to battle. This takes them out of battle for a little while and may buy some time for your teammates to kill a few more off.

Sneak around and find the Mage or Ranger in the back picking of your group and kill them.

Best thing I found is to find someone that is low on health and kill them, or team up with another dps and tag team someone.
    Leader of Ecclesia Guild

Ecclesia Guild of Belmont

For toe to toe my idea would stand as this, we stack dex right? Dex = a certain % of our dodge as does str for warriors with parry. To equal out the dmg difference maybe have the multiplier (%) of dodge gained from dex be quite a bit higher than any other calling.
    50 Mathosian Rogue - Atrophinius

Plane Touched

i dont need telling how to play the class, played them for years.

yeh yeh i must be a terrible player.

Its only my opinion, just think its hard work being competetive in Warfronts etc as Assassin. And if you dont think warriors and healers have an advantage over us then fair enough.

Maybe i've missed something

Default Boo.

All these posts saying to pick targets that are already weakened are no excuse for the class not needing some kind of fix. The assassin tree is lacking. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just too happy with their own class to care about anothers OR are indeed fighting some bad players with their own Assassin.

Any decent Cleric IS GOING TO win 1v1 with you. They heal for well over the amount that we only rarely crit for. Assassins have NO answer for Warriors. Right now, playing an Assassin is playing a Warrior in Leather Armor with more time focused into building APs to do less damage. Trion needs to decide where they want to go with This build. A huge portion of the people coming to this game and already here playing Rogues are doing so because theyre interested in the stealth/gank/1v1 aspect of playing the Hidden Melee class that chooses its own fights and place to fight. This aspect of the game is poor right now, being as Justicar's and Shamans can just toy with an Assassin. And Warriors shrug it off as if they hadn't even just been attacked.

Everybody is pushing for the Assassin soul to become this Faceroll dps house that drops anything 1v1. That shouldnt happen. BUT the class NEEDS to become Bane of SOMETHING - other than half health casters and other Rogues. It is just my opinion but, the stealthed aspect of this game should be the sole worry of CLERICS. Clerics shouldn't have such easy answers to the Rogue and Assassin build in general. It should be the Cleric who is worrying about that sneaky little trickster to pop up on him while hes at full health keeping his group alive. Instead it is the Rogue sneaking away from Clerics to avoid being DPS'd down by a healer. Simply interrupting a Cleric that is healing his grp so that the others may die is not satisfying. It needs to die, not simply have to reposition.

I now just avoid War and Cleric classes unless someone else is on them, cause it pretty darn near impossible to kill them alone.

I don't view it as our jobs as Assassins.
    Leader of Ecclesia Guild

Ecclesia Guild of Belmont

Plane Touched

thanks Nextlol for saying things a little better than i worded them.

Shadowlander

a little comparaison to the dmg of a champions vs ours , im rank 3, he's rank 4
    http://img852.imageshack.us/i/champ.jpg/

savage strike hits for 135, his combo point hits hitting for 500, he is doing 3.5 k damage in 3 seconds and you have to notice that i have points in defensive infiltrator soul ( -25% dmg on aoe, -50% dmg during stun) so titan strike -75% dmg 1200 crit ?

man i choosed rogue to play a melee dps class that can burst down very fast a target in 1 on 1 or die if he dont succeed, atm my dps is close to 0, the stuns are totally useless as all classes have anti stuns. How comes a warrior can do 4k dmg in 3 seconds with 3 buttons and we have to hit the target for 30 seconds to do the same amout of damage ? ive tried out all assassin melee specs in wf to find one better, i found no one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast