+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger Pet Variety?

Default Ranger Pet Variety?

Is the weird boar thing the only ranger pet option? If so, does anyone know if there are plans for this to change in the future?

Thanks! <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jojormitar - Bahmi Elementalist/Pyromancer - Faeblight (RP! )

Rift Chaser

By putting points into the Ranger soul, you can get other pets. There is a wolf that is more of a dps pet (not good for tanking) and a raptor pet that I think also does dps, but maybe can tank too. Not sure, as I haven't gone that high in the soul.

That's it though.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHookerJuju View Post
    Is the weird boar thing the only ranger pet option? If so, does anyone know if there are plans for this to change in the future?

Thanks! <3
    The boar you have from level 1 is your tanking pet and mainstay. Unless you only PvP or group, you'll have the boar out more than any other. The good news tho is there are 2 other pets, plus a couple upgraded versions with more skills and better stats.

At 10 points into Ranger, you'll have a wolf pet. Wolf is a single target, rogue style pet. Do not try to solo with him unless you want to tank all the mobs or you are kiting them. Wolf shines in groups early on and for PvP.

31 point talent in the Ranger branches has a Blood Raptor - this is a area DPS pet, most useful in dungeons with lots of multi mob pulls. Like the wolf, not a tanking pet. Can be useful in PvP when players bunch up, but otherwise I think the wolf is better. Especially when you put points higher up the branches to make one of the wolf attacks cause targets to receive less healing for 10 seconds, max of 30% less IIRC.

Shadowlander

Default pet change?

I think the ranger is the weakest way to go. Your pet is only annoying in pvp and your by far the weakest link the dps table because of it. So getting a new pet isnt going to change the fact that ranger is fail. Marksman is the way to be.

Shadowlander

Default Boar only goes to level 37

Doing quests and dungeons with a pet 10 levels lower then the mobs brings on a aggro fest.

+ Reply to Thread