+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best spec to solo pve for levelling?

Default Best spec to solo pve for levelling?

Was wondering what the best spec is to do the quests, usually I quest solo so any info would be great.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel230 View Post
    Was wondering what the best spec is to do the quests, usually I quest solo so any info would be great.
    For Melee:
    Completeli's Bladedancer/Riftstalker Guide

Last edited by Aurumsolis; 03-09-2011 at 04:03 AM.

Bladedancer/Riftstalker/whatever or Nightblade/Assassin/Sab. The first is more about AOEs and fast combo-point building, the second is more about disabling and taking out enemies one-by-one with stuns and huge burst damage.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 03-09-2011 at 04:25 AM.

is bladedance an aoe spec?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel230 View Post
    is bladedance an aoe spec?
    Compound Attack (Bladedancer) can AOE up to 3 mobs
    -> 1st mob 100% dmg
    -> 2nd mob 85% dmg
    -> 3rd mob 70% dmg

Coda of Fury (Bard) > Compound Attack (Blademaster) only when there 5 or more mobs whacking you.

Here is the build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xhtoqzhhb.V0xM

There are key points you need to hit listed in order of importance.

#1) 24 pts in ranger by L30 for the improved pet
    #2) Rejuv ASAP
    #3) Dark Malady ASAP
    #4) Empowered Shot ASAP

The build can kill equal level mobs consistently in less than 10s. Can do 5+ mob AE pulls without burning cooldowns and has literally 0 downtime at all.

Standard single target rotation will be:
    Stealth > Send Pet > Dark Malady > Piercing Shot(Swift Shot)* > Empowered Shot > Deadeye(Hasted Shot)*

Use Swift/Hasted when you still don't have piercing and deadeye yet. Your AoE is pretty simple RoA on cooldown, trickshot a mob unless they are all melee'ing in which case use weapon flare. Typically speaking no mob will survive your normal rotation if they do either your fighting mobs +2 levels on you(this is a bad idea if you want to level quickly) or you are using gear 10 levels behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    The build can kill equal level mobs consistently in less than 10s. Can do 5+ mob AE pulls without burning cooldowns and has literally 0 downtime at all.
    Assassin/NB can kill mobs in less then 10sec also. This setup can disable 2 mobs for 45 seconds and can bypass mobs. Can chain pull and impossible to die on a bad pull. Can not aoe very well.

It is all about playstyle and how you want to play your rogue. Every spec is viable to some sort. Although my suggestion would be perma stealth as the mobs are scattered everywhere and can be a pain to get your quests done.
    Last edited by Montezuma; 03-09-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    Assassin/NB can kill mobs in less then 10sec also. This setup can disable 2 mobs for 45 seconds and can bypass mobs. Can chain pull and impossible to die on a bad pull. Can not aoe very well.

It is all about playstyle and how you want to play your rogue. Every spec is viable to some sort. Although my suggestion would be perma stealth as the mobs are scattered everywhere and can be a pain to get your quests done.
    I totally agree that Perma stealth is the way to go if you are questing. However, any solo PvE build without 5/5 Rift Scavenger will have downtime.

Ranger without MM is weak (You need the MM knockback skill when mobs get into melee range). Ranger/MM has a dead zone of range 3.

I more or less followed Drekors advice and it works really well.

With that basic set up even if you just blast away with swift shot then finish with deadeye it works very well. But opening with Dark Malady is very nice.

Im not handling large groups but its very fast killing one after another with 1 add being no problem and 2 adds being managable.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Shadowlander

I just posted this in another thread; it applies here as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Grebnev View Post
    I've found bd/rs builds too slow because of how you often need to use cp-builders to finish off mobs so you can get the 5cp heal from rift scavenger.

Assassin/ranger is hands down the best leveling/farming spec in my experience; I can handle 4-5 mobs at a time, and parse ~500 dps on a dummy at 50 (more than ranged solo-ranger builds using a razorbeast, from what I have tested). There is no downtime, since any incidental damage on you is healed through leeching poison and enduring brew, and ranger pet heal is amazing (you use your razorbeast pet to tank). Typical 3.7k hp mobs take <10s to kill.

Backstab is key to the spec, so it isn't really viable until 16. At that point, do 4ranger/rest assassin until 30, at which point respec to 24 ranger/rest assassin and work towards this spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hVRctofR0d.V0x

There is no stealthing involved with this spec; fights consist of:
    piercing shot -> expose weakness (quick shot if still out of range, then expose) -> puncture on the runthrough -> backstab to 5cp -> final blow, then repeat backstab filler / final blow as necessary

Be sure to use pet heal every 8sec as long as your pet needs healing. For multiple mobs, you'll need to have your pet attack any targets that don't have aggro on it so that it takes all the damage; for 3+ mobs, rain of arrows will be the best dps, so pop divert rage and spam the rain -> petheal combo.

This build can also solo elites (even 5th wave minor rift bosses, though it is a little rough); it is especially important for elites that you never let the pet heal drop off your pet. Start with a 5 cp impale into a 2-3cp baneful touch -> poison malice, and use a standard assassin dps rotation. Also, use foul play after your pet takes a hit or two to gain some much needed buffer time. The fight mostly comes down to you being able to dps the elite down before your pet dies; usually you won't need to impale a second time. If it looks like your pet is going to die, start running out and let dots wear off the elite; crippling shot if necessary. You can try to kite it with crippling/quick shot, or blind it and resummon a pet - it probably wont be able to get aggro back though.

Also, an interesting tidbit - while your pet is tanking a mob, you can stand at the 3 yd range and use piercing shot while melee attacking/backstabbing. This is useful for elites (you want to keep the piercing shot debuff up at all times).
    The problem I've found with marks/ranger builds is that you tend to accumulate incidental damage from adds and such while questing, or from excessive rain of arrows on packs, which forces drinking downtime. Assassin/ranger on the other hand, can basically keep on going forever between leeching poison and enduring brew. Also, I just can't seem to get as good dps out of marks/ranger builds as I can out of assassin/ranger >_>

whoops

how did i do that?
    Last edited by Ghoest9; 03-15-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

+ Reply to Thread