Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battle bard?

Default Battle bard?

I'm really bad at theroycrafting and what-not. But I was wondering if a build like this would work out? (mainly for pvp)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....x0p0qbVdzM.Vh

I like to play offensively, but do a decent amount of support at the same time.

Any suggestions on this build or a totally different build involving bard would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Wrong build link =P
    Last edited by Regrave; 03-08-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regrave View Post
    I'm really bad at theroycrafting and what-not. But I was wondering if a build like this would work out? (mainly for pvp)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....x0p0qbVdzM.Vh

I like to play offensively, but do a decent amount of support at the same time.

Any suggestions on this build or a totally different build involving bard would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Wrong build link =P
    Bard built for support mainly and picking up a couple extra souls to enhance it's damage output.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EIdqiqskqz.Vhx Bard/Riftstalker/Nightblade

If you want to, you can adapt the build to be a more solo friendly build by using Ranger instead of Riftstalker to give you a pet to support and tank for you while you widdle it down. Just put the Riftstalker points into enhanced endurance for your pet or more crit rate for you depending if you want defensive or offensive solo builds.

Only deaths I've had is when an elite invasion force a few levels above me jumped on me from behind or bad pathing by the pig.... stupid pig.

Dang, I like how that looks! I'll have to give ti a shot.

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Smackumz View Post
    Bard built for support mainly and picking up a couple extra souls to enhance it's damage output.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EIdqiqskqz.Vhx Bard/Riftstalker/Nightblade

If you want to, you can adapt the build to be a more solo friendly build by using Ranger instead of Riftstalker to give you a pet to support and tank for you while you widdle it down. Just put the Riftstalker points into enhanced endurance for your pet or more crit rate for you depending if you want defensive or offensive solo builds.

Only deaths I've had is when an elite invasion force a few levels above me jumped on me from behind or bad pathing by the pig.... stupid pig.

Yes but don't you have to put a lot of points into Ranger to get that pig to level over 30?

I think it is something like 25 points into ranger or after level 35 your pet is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Samadams View Post
    Yes but don't you have to put a lot of points into Ranger to get that pig to level over 30?

I think it is something like 25 points into ranger or after level 35 your pet is useless.
    35 levels with a pet tank to speed you along is lovely imo... after that you can spec out of ranger and put in Riftstalker. By that point in time you will have enough tricks on your bard soul to keep you healthy without the pig.

Bard, Bladedancer and Rift, is a nice build. You can vary the points and do support / dps, or even off tanking if you get up to rift guard.

35 levels with a pet tank to speed you along is lovely imo... after that you can spec out of ranger and put in Riftstalker. By that point in time you will have enough tricks on your bard soul to keep you healthy without the pig.
    Ahhh Gotcha

Thanks

Soulwalker

(Quote is mainly for the build link.)

1st decide what you want to do in PvP. Since there is usually a lack of healers, I usually go with the more healing support for PvP. Which if your doing Healing/Support, More than 8 points into Nightblade is a waste since the combo finisher talent does not increase the healing output of your Healing Finisher.

Riftstalker is a nice soul because even with 0 points you get a nice escape move.

I have not played a lvl 50 bard so I don't know, but I am not sure how helpful the lvl 51 "spell" is. I feel like that is more for bosses etc.

Over all, just play around with stuff, see what you like. there is not a lot of benefit of going past 12 (for healing motif) or 20 (for both debuffs) if you are not going full bard. - just my opinion tho.
    Last edited by Zatarra; 03-08-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Some interesting ideas here. I have been REALLY enjoying my Bard. But I have been finding the DPS lacking --even at my low level of 16. I have max points in Bard, 5 in Rift and 0 in Sab. My goal is to be a good support bard, I usually play healers. But I would still love to have some okay DPS while I PVE...any thoughts?

My take is that if you want to PVP as a bard you gotta go at least 34 points into the soul.

Second biggest concern for bard in PVP is survivability, this is where taking RS really helps with better defensive abilities and teleports.

Shadowlander

This is going to be my pvp spec... I am focusing on survival and utility =)

The Best Spec EVER

Nice spec.

But what about a good PvE leveling spec?

Soulwalker

this is what i am thinking of for lvl 50 pvp bard build. survivability is key so as to keep buffs up on whole team

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qz.xcxhz0z.xho

massive mitigation (guardian phase, bolster and exceptional resiliance (passively mitigates 42% of damage));

increases armor value 50% and all resistances by 50;

tons of + health (guardian phase, good health, enduring, great fortitude (+20% health, +45% endurance)

quick escape (shadow shift, instant mez)

aoe casted mez;

ranged snare (crippling shot)

speed buff for entire group that is up during combat;

minute long aoe debuffs that add 5% to physical dmg and 7% to magic dmg

self attack power buff

self endurance buff

group +str/dex or 10% less energy used or +endurance

and basically just keep my buffs up, aoe debuff, splash dmg aoe heal and keep targets snared. and every 3 minutes use virtuoso (for 15 seconds your finishers consume no points) to spam aoe dmg spells or single target spells to burn people down.

thoughts?

This is mine:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...qz.xIxhzqdo0zo

Tons of survivability and healing, you can switch out Sabo for infiltrator but the saba snare can be a lifesaver. I took sabo over the Infy pvp soul and have great success with it in both warfronts and world pvp.

EDIT: Spelling
    Last edited by Rache; 03-10-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Einstein's definition of insanity "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Take note Trion and deliver meaningful RVR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rache View Post
    This is mine:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...qz.xIxhzqdo0zo

Tons of survivability and healing, you can switch out Sabo for infiltrator but the saba snare can be a lifesaver. I took sabo over the Infy pvp soul and have great success with it in both warfronts and world pvp.

EDIT: Spelling
    Nice. I think that would work well for PvE too .. any advice on how to choose points as you level?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast