+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why cant my rouge survive?

Default Why cant my rouge survive?

Im new to playing the rouge class, I have tried several builds but they all seem to have pretty poor survival,I have a hard time taking on more than 1 enemy without nearly dying,so im looking for some suggestions for some melee builds.Id appreciate some advice.

Shadowlander

1. What soul combinations have you tried? (maybe include your current skill tree)
    1a. How are you currently playing this combination (your fighting tactics)

2. What kind of character do you want to play? Tank, DPS, Support, Healer?

3. Is your current gear, weapons, and training on par with your current zone/ level?

Answer these first and then I think people will be able to assist you better in creating a build that works for your play style (From the sound of your OP, I assume your wanting something for PvE rather than PvP).

correct i have tried NB,ASA,BD and yes i want it for melee solo PvE.My gear is alright i geuss its just what i seem to think is for a rouge, dex and end.Depending on my current setup i throw any dots/debuffs then start my spam attack till 5 points then i use my highest damaging finisher on them.I dont really know what else i can do.
    Last edited by MrAnderson86; 03-06-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Have you tried Riftstalker? It's pretty much built for rogue survival. In my opinion, aim for Boosted Recovery, Rift Scavenger & Rift Guard. Use Bladedancer just for Sidesteps. Use assassin for damage/DoT/Stealth.

You can delve deeper into RS for more stuff like Planar Refuge, Endurance etc... Assassin gets a leech type poison... I use this with Boosted Recovery and Rift Scavenger, works nicely. You can build up defense (Rift Guard, Guarded steel) if needed... or quickly boost it (Planar Refuge, Quick steps)

Rangers have pets which can draw aggro but I've not tried that so can't comment. I hear that works well for leveling too.

You can try Ranger/*any

Always ensure that you are attacking the target that your boar is attacking and you will not gain aggro.

You can also go with Bard/*any . You will need to go until you get Motif of Regeneration. You build points with the Bard's Cadence which also gains you Health, Plus turn on your Motif of Regeneration...and then with the combo points from Bard you use a Finisher from another soul. The one I found to do the most damage was in Bladedancer Deadly Strike, for a ZERO point investment in the soul. So you can actually pump all your points into Bard and just finish with Bladedancer. Your damage will be higher than using the Coda of Wrath. Coda , though, strikes from range.

If you are thinking of using the Assassin,or Bladedancer etc. all by themselves and expecting to survive - you won't. If your character does not have some sort of self heal that you can use IN COMBAT you'll faceplant.

If you want to have great survival then try Bladedancer Main soul and Riftstalker with 14 points into it for healing. Great for leveling.

Darkrose's Bladedancer leveling guide

Shadowlander

I've found that the combo of Ranger/Bard/? to be very survivable. The boar pet tanks rather well (you later get a DPS/Wolf pet for groups since he doesn't tank, at 10 points into Ranger) and the Bard adds a nice set of early buffs to HP and at 8 points, it's main attack (Cadence) heals for 100% of its damage. Which may not sound a lot but with the HoT heal on your pet can keep it up a long time.

Though I still prefer my NB/Sin/Sab build. I so love to stun mobs at range to get at or around them more easily and love the Dark Malady's +20% to damage for 2, then Puncture for 2 (any base strike) for 1 then Blazing Strike (with Imp BS) for huge amounts of damage. Most things are nearly dead if I crit (which happens often) and then die with a quick follow up.

And as far as multiple mobs goes. Unless your build to handle them with Riftstalker or Ranger for the pet tank you should choose your fights more carefully. Because most Rouges Kryptonite is multiple mobs.

"The Patient Rogue dies of old age."

+ Reply to Thread