Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Level 33 build to solo elite

Soulwalker

Default Level 33 build to solo elite

Anyone has a build to solo elite at around lvl 33 ?

I tried Bard/Riftstalker, Nightblade/Ranger, MM/Ranger, none has worked

Rift Disciple

Sab/Rift/NB and kite.

Shield of Telara

/cosign. With silent set up you'll have the mob below 50% before he ever knows you're there in all likelyhood. Then its just a matter of kiting while placing your next charges. 2 rounds of full charges from a good sab takes down most elites of equalish level if built properly and deep enough into the charge booster etc.

I heard sab / bard dominates pve content.

Charges / blow / mesmerize / charges / blow / mesmerize / charges / blow / mesmerize..

Thats what i gathered from the other threads here

with enough space to move around you only need to be a sab deep enough to get caltrop charges and almost anything is soloable
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I heard sab / bard dominates pve content.

Charges / blow / mesmerize / charges / blow / mesmerize / charges / blow / mesmerize..

Thats what i gathered from the other threads here

That would be pretty viable, but mez is on a 30 second cd and lasts 8 seconds, which leaves about 22 seconds of kiting with adhesive bomb. Mez is pretty far up the bard tree too though, so your bombs won't be doing as much damage as they could be doing.

Soulwalker

My 31 Ranger/12 Bard can solo an equal-level elite without kiting. It's close though, taking two pets. That was as of level 35, when I did a respec to include Bard. I had no chance before, as the pet would die much too fast.

The third soul doesn't matter much yet, but I prefer Nightblade or Bladedancer; I'm currently a Bladedancer for the +hit.

If you have room to kite, and the elite isn't immune (some are immune to snares), I imagine a Sab would be better.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Infurion View Post
    That would be pretty viable, but mez is on a 30 second cd and lasts 8 seconds, which leaves about 22 seconds of kiting with adhesive bomb. Mez is pretty far up the bard tree too though, so your bombs won't be doing as much damage as they could be doing.

Verse of Captivation Bard Instant 0 Seconds 25 Energy Plays a Verse that mesmerizes an enemy for 8 seconds. Any damage on the affected enemy removes the effect. Only 1 enemy can be mesmerized at a time.

root 34

not usable at 33 obviously ^^
    Last edited by Silverblabe; 03-04-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblabe View Post
    Verse of Captivation Bard Instant 0 Seconds 25 Energy Plays a Verse that mesmerizes an enemy for 8 seconds. Any damage on the affected enemy removes the effect. Only 1 enemy can be mesmerized at a time.

root 34

not usable at 33 obviously ^^
    ^this's nice, thank you for your input.^

Kiting is very risky, I usually run into other mobs while kiting with my ranger spec. If that happens, it's an instant death.

So the idea is Verse of Captivation + Bomb
    1. mesmerizes the elites
    2. Blast Charge does 0 damage, so it won't break mesmerizes, right ?
    attach this 5 times to the mobs
    3. Denote for super explosion
    4. Repeat
    6. Profit

is it correct ?

So, those elites could live for 1 more lvl.
    Last edited by vietboi; 03-04-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Just curious, what elites are you trying to solo? I'd like a good solo elite farming spot.

Soulwalker

on the east side of Scarwood Reach, there's a rift area full of elites.
    just north of #11 in this map.
    http://cdn.riftjunkies.com/wp-conten...-Reach-Map.jpg
    Last edited by vietboi; 03-04-2011 at 04:26 PM.

just to chime in about some people mentioning using bard mesmerize to get charges on mobs. that works fine, i use mez all the time on my bard spec, but if you are planning to have sab for charges anyway you dont really need to waste going that deep in bard tree. 11 points in sab can get you entangling trap which is an aoe root with a much lower cooldown than mez. plus the trap can be used before combat to relieve the cooldown and you dont have to be right next to the mob to use it like with mez (which could be dangerous for the OP's purposes of soloing elites that could hurt a lot in that time that you're casting it). it's perfectly possible to solo kite elites without taking a single hit with entangling trap and either sab charges or marks/ranger ranged attacks.
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tehmickey View Post
    with enough space to move around you only need to be a sab deep enough to get caltrop charges and almost anything is soloable
    Long as it chases you and doesn't have any ranged attacks, yup. At 27 I wandered into Lantern Hook and ran into that level 39 rare manticore while hunting for collectibles. Took forever to kill it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tehmickey View Post
    just to chime in about some people mentioning using bard mesmerize to get charges on mobs. that works fine, i use mez all the time on my bard spec, but if you are planning to have sab for charges anyway you dont really need to waste going that deep in bard tree. 11 points in sab can get you entangling trap which is an aoe root with a much lower cooldown than mez. plus the trap can be used before combat to relieve the cooldown and you dont have to be right next to the mob to use it like with mez (which could be dangerous for the OP's purposes of soloing elites that could hurt a lot in that time that you're casting it). it's perfectly possible to solo kite elites without taking a single hit with entangling trap and either sab charges or marks/ranger ranged attacks.
    Bard has 2 mesmerizes Verse

I think the one you mention is on the very top of bard tree, called Verse of Fascination, which has 1.5 cast time, 30 sec CD, melee range but AOE.

The one other mentioned is 34 point into bard tree, Verse of Captivation, Instant cast, No CD, 20yrd range, single target.

Soulwalker

a 12 point bard and then most of the points in Ranger, doesn't that work?

I could easily solo the winged centurion elite mob (is this a quest mob ?) on level 30 with this build. It's dead slow, but rejuv + motif of regen + cadence keeps your pet up with ease. Just don't slack with the rejuv. since that accounts for most of the healing.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast