+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bored of Ranger/bard need another build

Default Bored of Ranger/bard need another build

I am sick og using rain of arrows and spamming rejuvenate. I need a good melee pve build to get from 46-50. I want a build with a little survivability im thinking riftstalker? but also high burst
    Last edited by snubi; 03-04-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Why not learn to play your current build? Really... spamming Rain of Arrows and Rejuv? Ugh.

You made it to level 46 but don't know enough about your class to make this decision on your own?
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Shadowlander

Wow massive fail on lvl 46 not know class.

Bladedancer/Riftstalker/ with the 3rd soul being Assassin or Nightblade. Assassin if you want more crit or Nightblade for ranged combo point builders. Grinds like a madman.

Here's the post that inspired me (if you read the thread in the post below he goes more in depth about the spec):

Quote Originally Posted by Sintour View Post
    I'm using 10+ NB/ 13+ Riftstalker/ 31 Bladedancer and it levels like a beast. Rarely get hit, can rift scavenge back any health you do lose, and the added points every level past the minimum just make it so much better. Things like 15% crit after shifting, rift barrier, etc.

Any time you need to mow down a set of adds just make sure that you have False up, put up side step, load a target with five CP, and use Dancing Steel. Halfway through the channel you'll off the loaded target for a 1500+ heal.

Once you have enough NB for Malady, you can go from open to dead on the mob in a few seconds. If riftstalker didn't drop you through the world I'd use the 15% crit more often as well. Parsing, this easily maintains 300+ dps from the front of the mob solo, a number some struggle to reach in full dps specs in a five man hitting from behind.

You can also lazy-macro the spec like crazy:

cast Disengage
    cast Reprisal
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Fiery Spike

Once you hit 44+ and have a lot of double cp actions, you are literally swimming in cp from all the BD generation. Also pretty much guarantees a near 30% heal if you don't use a weak finisher to drop a mob < 15%. I can put up a video of the spec in action if people want to see it, you basically don't ever stop to drink and do great damage.
    Last edited by styrfry; 03-04-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorith View Post
    Why not learn to play your current build? Really... spamming Rain of Arrows and Rejuv? Ugh.

i do know how to play my class.

Pull 4-6 mobs > use pet agro skill > use rain of arrows
    And ofc keep up rejuvenate and mortfi of regeneration

This is the fastest way to AOE as a ranger. You guys are the one that does not know your class.
    Last edited by snubi; 03-04-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by styrfry View Post
    Bladedancer/Riftstalker/ with the 3rd soul being Assassin or Nightblade. Assassin if you want more crit or Nightblade for ranged combo point builders. Grinds like a madman.

Here's the post that inspired me (if you read the thread in the post below he goes more in depth about the spec):
    And it's posts like the one you link that make me die inside a little. The fact that people are already taking the "fun" out of the game by finding ways to "lazy macro" their characters. If you're too lazy to play a game, then do you really have anything to live for in life? Anything? That's like saying you're too lazy to relax in an easy chair.

On the other hand, the points are pretty well written for that soul combination. Still, I find discovering your own to be more gratifying. It's not hard to preview souls and read abilities to figure out what you're getting. If you really need help, use the Soul Calculator on ZAM.com.

Quote Originally Posted by snubi View Post
    i do know how to play my class.

Pull 4-6 mobs > use pet agro skill > use rain of arrows
    And ofc keep up rejuvenate and mortfi of regeneration

This is the fastest way to AOE as a ranger. You guys are the one that does not know your class.
    I seem to do more damage and drop things faster by splashing AOE between single-target. Especially while using trick shot to generate combo points. Rain of Arrows isn't the be-all, end-all of being a ranger... This is why I say you don't know your spec.

And it's posts like the one you link that make me die inside a little. The fact that people are already taking the "fun" out of the game by finding ways to "lazy macro" their characters. If you're too lazy to play a game, then do you really have anything to live for in life? Anything? That's like saying you're too lazy to relax in an easy chair.

On the other hand, the points are pretty well written for that soul combination. Still, I find discovering your own to be more gratifying. It's not hard to preview souls and read abilities to figure out what you're getting. If you really need help, use the Soul Calculator on ZAM.com.
    QQ more. That macro saves you a ton of keybind space. Maybe you enjoy having an entire bar filled up with openers/reactionaries, "fun" by your definition, but most people don't. That macro however is awful for PvP and is only truly viable in PvE for grinding. Why don't you grow up some?
    Last edited by styrfry; 03-04-2011 at 06:44 AM.

My leveling build is Nightblade/Bard hybrid.

Open with Dark Malady, stack fiery spikes, and alternate cadence / blazing strike. I picked up Enkindle for AoE pulls. Stuff dies fairly quickly, and as long as I don't pull more than 6 or so mobs, I'll survive.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...sk0z.ihxRbVx0s

That's where I am right now, build-wise. It's not an ideal situation, and it can get boring sometimes, but it works really well.

I seem to do more damage and drop things faster by splashing AOE between single-target. Especially while using trick shot to generate combo points. Rain of Arrows isn't the be-all, end-all of being a ranger... This is why I say you don't know your spec.
    Small pulls(2-3 mobs) = trick shot > concussive blast
    Big pulls(4-6 mobs) = rain of arrows
    is what i do, and i m sure this is the best way to aoe as a ranger.

And no, i have absolutely no proof for this statement. but neither do you for your statement.

I dont understand why you guys need to attack me for asking a question. I have not played any of the melee rogue souls yet, which is why i asked for advice

Isnt that what a forum is for?

Boltswiki and styrfry thanks a lot for the replies i will check those builds out
    Last edited by snubi; 03-04-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Soulwalker

well i use a http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dV0oMRMdz.VG0h Assassin (21) / Bladedancer (32) / Riftstalker (13) its fun and kinda different then the rest of the rogues i see out there that are almost all rangers bards and tanks
    Last edited by Gropax; 03-04-2011 at 06:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread