+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warfront Nightblade spec

Soulwalker

Default Warfront Nightblade spec

Just wondering what you guys are pairing with nightblade, I've been doing assassin,blade,rift myself. But I want to try out Nightblade, what's recommended with it. NB,Blade,Rift. For the sprint and the teleport?

Rift Disciple

I use NB/SIN/RIFT, i port around the WF owning peeps. Its nice to have those ports you can cover ground quickly and erase most CC's in the process. i use shadowstalk, and shadowassault the most since they give you the back of the target but im moslty heavy in the sin tree. Its fun and NB boosts your dmg quite abit.
    Last edited by Weapon21; 03-03-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Soulwalker

You mind linking the build you use ? Anyone else as well !

Rift Disciple

Im on a not so good comp right now(at work) i will when i get home tho

Telaran

I have NB/SIN/BD atm w/ BD being a 0 point. only level 28, but did have 40+ pvps on beta.

NB is nasty. at 32 you get a poison that reduces healing by 50%, you get a 80% dmg reduction skill, a ranged slow, and a stacking buff that gives +2% per stack and at 5 stacks +30% dmg on finisher. A ranged 15sec "sap" A +20% dmg buff you can cast in stealth that is ranged. A 5 second silence. can wreck a healer. tis fun

Rift Master

Tis true. The 5 second silence is nasty. I ALMOST feel sorry for the mages when i do it to them. I feel no pity at all about the clerics. The clerics take it in stride a bit more.

The mages always have a sort of shock and awe look about them.

However, you may have heard that no one talks about night blades. Tis very clever. Its not night blades that is "hush hush".

I remember when i was in the 20's bgs at low end of the scale... started in at 20 and worked my way up. I really really really struggled with warriors. I would often have to pop both my 80% damage reduction cd and my ebon fury cd to win. They would often have 1K more health than me though, all my gear is trash.

I did do well though and many people probably have trash gear. Around 27 i had around 1.5K health and the warriors i was fighting had anywhere from 2.1 (very low for them) to 3K (high tank). Often then would have around 2.3 to 2.5K health.

Anyway... then i got SoD. I have to say. This is how its done. I loved my finishers and so was hesitant to not get a big burst of damage in and instead trade it in for some extra damage on each attack. After i tried it, it was just like falling in love all over again. This is one of the things night blades don't want anyone to know about. This ability changed the whole game. It was not merely an additional bit of interest. Getting SoD i went from someone with damage they where concerned about but manageable to oh my god what the bleep is he doing i need to run away now.

People have talked about night blade melting people. SoD is how its done. Warriors just melted... it was funny to see them panic.

Healers melt. Now, you have to stay in melee on a healer (i did anyway). Range will not be enough to burst them down in the window of hits that SoD gives you.

Anyway... impale would have to be crazy good to even begin comparing.

I can respc for it i guess. Anyone with impale can say what it is ticking for at your level?

EDIT:
    I assume that healers can heal through SoD, but i haven't seen it yet. I am scared of other night blades more than anything, except a well played dom mage. OUch.
    Last edited by rowdysattva; 03-03-2011 at 10:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread