+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about sab weapons

Soulwalker

Default question about sab weapons

right now im like 21 sab/ 0 ranger/ 10 bard

which "weapon damage" effects my charges ranged or melee. I don't know what to buy, if I should roll on certain items against classes who might actually need them

Soulwalker

bump.. would really like to know im nearly level 20 and need to know how to help maintain damage

Soulwalker

Main hand weapon.

If you unequip all weapons you will find you can't put charges on a target and will receive a error indicating you don't have a valid weapon equipped.

If you equip a ranged weapon you can put charges up on a target but they will explode for, presumably, fist damage.

If you equip an off-hand weapon you see the same result. Charge stacking ability with poor results.

If you equip a main hand weapon, you see the benefit of weapon damage applied to the charges as they go up. If you have two high level weapons in the ranged and offhand slots, and put a level 1-5 weapon in your main hand slot, you will see your charge damage drops significantly.

These are the results of my tests on the dummies.

Soulwalker

edit: nevermind
    thanks for your help
    Last edited by zacebop; 03-03-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Soulwalker

I actually think it uses both main hand and off hand added together.

I am guessing this because of some tests I have ran with just melee equipped and just ranged equipped. The dmg (not dps) on main and off hand added together is roughly equal to the dmg (not dps) of my ranged weapon. When testing with either melee or ranged weapons equipped my charges seem to detonate almost the same dmg. This was done with about a sample size of 50 detonates for each setup, i just eye-balled the min and max dmg delt.

Shadowlander

i think it depends on ur soul, if you have range soul it looks like it will depend on ur range weapon.. anyway i dont know that cuz im sab with melee souls

+ Reply to Thread