+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "rapid fire shot" please explain

Default "rapid fire shot" please explain

how can it increase attack speed when there is a global CD that cant be changed? or it just increase attack speed of auto attack?
    Adapt or Die

Auto attack.

Soulwalker

So next to worthless but a better instant finisher then Hasted Shot?

Soulwalker

The point of the ability isn't to give you a super-buff, it's a high damage single target attack that should precede your burst.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gimped View Post
    The point of the ability isn't to give you a super-buff, it's a high damage single target attack that should precede your burst.
    How can it precede burst damage when it uses all the combo points? If you are going for burst wouldn't Deadeye Shot be the one finisher to use?

Rift Master

I assume what the other poster meant is if you know you will be able to stand still and pew pew and you want to build up some pressure then you can pop that and then get your extra auto's in as you build to another finisher.

I doubt that the extra auto attack finisher damage is more than you would get from a cast time finisher in the end though.

I only used it when i was needing to move and i didn't need to go faster (movement).

Shadowlander

It's a PvE damage booster and should be up at all times in dungeons and raids.

/thread

Soulwalker

When talking about Rapid Fire Shot. Does it stack with Shadow Fire in the ranger tree?
    Rapid Fire is 30% attackspeed and Shadow Fire is 20%.

Thinking of using both. Since Rapid Fire shot has more dmg at my lvl, and Shadow Fire also has more dmg then Empowred shot.

Another Reason for it is that i have 5 points in Dubleshot (50% chance per autoattack to shot a second arrow).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ifandbut View Post
    How can it precede burst damage when it uses all the combo points? If you are going for burst wouldn't Deadeye Shot be the one finisher to use?
    You use that finisher before any other to ensure a higher sustained DPS during long fights. The buff stays up for 60 seconds provided you've filled all 5 combo points, allowing you to use all your other finishers after the buff is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Neox1986 View Post
    When talking about Rapid Fire Shot. Does it stack with Shadow Fire in the ranger tree?
    Rapid Fire is 30% attackspeed and Shadow Fire is 20%.

Thinking of using both. Since Rapid Fire shot has more dmg at my lvl, and Shadow Fire also has more dmg then Empowred shot.

Another Reason for it is that i have 5 points in Dubleshot (50% chance per autoattack to shot a second arrow).
    Yes, they stack... See my post here for a more detailed breakdown: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post1417054

+ Reply to Thread