+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: "rapid fire shot" please explain

  1. #1
    Plane Walker MadGelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    449

    Default "rapid fire shot" please explain

    how can it increase attack speed when there is a global CD that cant be changed? or it just increase attack speed of auto attack?
    *******************************
    Adapt or Die
    *******************************

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara Gwailo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Auto attack.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    So next to worthless but a better instant finisher then Hasted Shot?

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    The point of the ability isn't to give you a super-buff, it's a high damage single target attack that should precede your burst.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimped View Post
    The point of the ability isn't to give you a super-buff, it's a high damage single target attack that should precede your burst.
    How can it precede burst damage when it uses all the combo points? If you are going for burst wouldn't Deadeye Shot be the one finisher to use?

  6. #6
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    639

    Default

    I assume what the other poster meant is if you know you will be able to stand still and pew pew and you want to build up some pressure then you can pop that and then get your extra auto's in as you build to another finisher.

    I doubt that the extra auto attack finisher damage is more than you would get from a cast time finisher in the end though.

    I only used it when i was needing to move and i didn't need to go faster (movement).

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    It's a PvE damage booster and should be up at all times in dungeons and raids.

    /thread

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    When talking about Rapid Fire Shot. Does it stack with Shadow Fire in the ranger tree?
    Rapid Fire is 30% attackspeed and Shadow Fire is 20%.

    Thinking of using both. Since Rapid Fire shot has more dmg at my lvl, and Shadow Fire also has more dmg then Empowred shot.

    Another Reason for it is that i have 5 points in Dubleshot (50% chance per autoattack to shot a second arrow).

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifandbut View Post
    How can it precede burst damage when it uses all the combo points? If you are going for burst wouldn't Deadeye Shot be the one finisher to use?
    You use that finisher before any other to ensure a higher sustained DPS during long fights. The buff stays up for 60 seconds provided you've filled all 5 combo points, allowing you to use all your other finishers after the buff is up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neox1986 View Post
    When talking about Rapid Fire Shot. Does it stack with Shadow Fire in the ranger tree?
    Rapid Fire is 30% attackspeed and Shadow Fire is 20%.

    Thinking of using both. Since Rapid Fire shot has more dmg at my lvl, and Shadow Fire also has more dmg then Empowred shot.

    Another Reason for it is that i have 5 points in Dubleshot (50% chance per autoattack to shot a second arrow).
    Yes, they stack... See my post here for a more detailed breakdown: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post1417054

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts