+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: The One Button Solo Build

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Teddiursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    332

    Default The One Button Solo Build

    I'm honestly kind of torn on this. The way macros work currently let you basically have a button that plays your class for you, however because of the absolutely absurd amount of abilities you have in this game I'm almost thinking they let you do this on purpose. I'm currently only 38 and if I wasn't using one of these macro's I'd have twice as many buttons to press as any 85 in WoW.

    Anywho, the spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...sMMMdz.V0tMh0M (This is optimized for PVE soloing, such as questing and rifts. It could easily be tweaked for PVP but would not work in dungeons or raids because of the nature of the Bladedancer spec requiring you to dodge and parry to use your most powerful attacks.)

    And the macro:

    Code:
    cast Reprisal
    cast Disengage
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Keen Strike
    Yikes that's a lot of abilities. But trust me, this silly macro actually works. Like I said before, I'm not sure on whether it's just horrifying and awful that you can actually do this or if it's a good thing because of how complicated some builds can be.

    Basically macros currently see a list of abilities, and will try to cast them in order from top to bottom. If it can't cast one, it will move to the next. In this macro, the top two are reactionary abilities that proc off of dodges and parries, and then Precision Strike and Quick Strike are quasi-reactionary in that they can only be used after a Keen Strike. Precision Strike is just a "super" Quick Strike with a cooldown. Dusk Strike and Twilight Force are powerful attacks with short cooldowns, and then Keen Strike is your "basic" attack. Now, you still need to have your finisher on a separate button, but that shouldn't be asking much. :P

    This macro functionality could easily be disabled by changing macros to work like they do in WoW - if the first ability in the macro can't be cast, it just keeps trying to cast it until it can each time you press it, basically breaking this completely. That's right. Macros in this game allow FAR more automation than Macros in WoW. Didn't see that coming, did you?
    Last edited by Teddiursa; 03-03-2011 at 03:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker RiftWookiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa View Post
    I'm honestly kind of torn on this. The way macros work currently let you basically have a button that plays your class for you, however because of the absolutely absurd amount of abilities you have in this game I'm almost thinking they let you do this on purpose. I'm currently only 38 and if I wasn't using one of these macro's I'd have twice as many buttons to press as any 85 in WoW.

    Anywho, the spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...sMMMdz.V0tMh0M (This is optimized for PVE soloing, such as questing and rifts. It could easily be tweaked for PVP but would not work in dungeons or raids because of the nature of the Bladedancer spec requiring you to dodge and parry to use your most powerful attacks.)

    And the macro:

    Code:
    cast Reprisal
    cast Disengage
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Keen Strike
    Yikes that's a lot of abilities. But trust me, this silly macro actually works. Like I said before, I'm not sure on whether it's just horrifying and awful that you can actually do this or if it's a good thing because of how complicated some builds can be.

    Basically macros currently see a list of abilities, and will try to cast them in order from top to bottom. If it can't cast one, it will move to the next. In this macro, the top two are reactionary abilities that proc off of dodges and parries, and then Precision Strike and Quick Strike are quasi-reactionary in that they can only be used after a Keen Strike. Precision Strike is just a "super" Quick Strike with a cooldown. Dusk Strike and Twilight Force are powerful attacks with short cooldowns, and then Keen Strike is your "basic" attack. Now, you still need to have your finisher on a separate button, but that shouldn't be asking much. :P

    This macro functionality could easily be disabled by changing macros to work like they do in WoW - if the first ability in the macro can't be cast, it just keeps trying to cast it until it can each time you press it, basically breaking this completely. That's right. Macros in this game allow FAR more automation than Macros in WoW. Didn't see that coming, did you?
    Heh... You probably never played Star Wars Galaxies if you think the macros in this game are bad. SWG literally let you leave your game on all day and night to farm if you wanted. You could grind from level 10 to 90 in a couple days if you had a pet and went down to a "pet group" on Kashyyyk.

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Oh man, no flash of steel!? I'd die without my ninjajumpcharge it's so fun! and roots! and 2 cp's yay!

    But ya, this spec thrives on, as you know, 3 "spams" essentially b/c of your keen strike combos + reactionary (on parry/dodge) filler, I basically just have the 2 reactionary abilities in a macro + keen strike, but I basically do what your macro is doing, maybe i should free up some keys ;]

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiftWookiee View Post
    Heh... You probably never played Star Wars Galaxies if you think the macros in this game are bad. SWG literally let you leave your game on all day and night to farm if you wanted. You could grind from level 10 to 90 in a couple days if you had a pet and went down to a "pet group" on Kashyyyk.
    you can only cast 1 ability per macro, how does this work and how does it work for bard motifs ?

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa View Post
    This macro functionality could easily be disabled by changing macros to work like they do in WoW - if the first ability in the macro can't be cast, it just keeps trying to cast it until it can each time you press it, basically breaking this completely. That's right. Macros in this game allow FAR more automation than Macros in WoW. Didn't see that coming, did you?
    I'm pretty sure it works exactly the same way in WoW. Your character says "I can't cast that yet" because the first one is on cooldown, but it still goes to the next spell available in the list. You can get rid of the character saying "I can't cast that yet" by putting Disable_SFX 1 or something at the beginning.
    Last edited by makeshiftwings; 03-03-2011 at 04:02 PM.

  6. #6
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makeshiftwings View Post
    I'm pretty sure it works exactly the same way in WoW. Your character says "I can't cast that yet" because the first one is on cooldown, but it still goes to the next spell available in the list.
    This is correct.

    Why it doesn't work for bards (anymore) is the motifs have no CD (or rely on anything, aka they're spammable), if they did, it would go through them one by one.

  7. #7
    Telaran loombut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Np here, free's up the bars. Doesnt cast them all at the same time so no cheating. Good macro.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I stopped playing a shaman because of this. I put together a macro that tied everything to one button and smashed it over and over.

    Then I realized how incredibly boring that was. The class lost its appeal to me so I gave it up and rolled a Ranger. Now I have to react and think about what I'm going to do next (especially with my pet in dungeons). I found the game much more fun when those choices aren't made for you.

    However...I hope they don't change the way macros work. For one or two reactionary abilities, this macro functionality is very helpful. But like your example, in certain builds it can almost remove all potential 'mistakes' the player can make.
    <a href=http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?23499-Now-Forming-Elysium-A-Defiant-PvE-Raiding-Guild-US target=_blank>http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...iding-Guild-US</a>

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Does anyone know the exact syntax to stop the you can only cast one thing msg? I tried the disable_sfx 1 but just shows up as an unknown command. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    i dont have this issue with riftstalker.

    but then i chose to keep everything seperate.

    1 2 3 - 2 standrd strikes and my AoE strike
    S1 S2 S3 - finishers
    SR SF SV - shadow abilities (assasult, stalk, blitz)
    then i got 4, 5, S4, S5, R, F, V for skills too.

    S mean shift FYI.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,674

    Default Oh boy...

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa View Post
    because of the absolutely absurd amount of abilities you have in this game...

    And the macro:

    Code:
    cast Reprisal
    cast Disengage
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Keen Strike
    Yikes that's a lot of abilities.
    You think seven buttons is alot of abilities!? Seven!? Can I suggest you never play EQ2. I had 10 hotbars, each with 12 buttons on them, and I used every single button. 120 buttons and I still didn't have enough. You're worried about 7 buttons? LOL!

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I'd also like to point out yes you can do this kind of thing but you're losing both dps and survivability, even with this macro you posted.

    by forcing quickstrike to be with precision strike, and being cast after, sure it'll skip precision strike if you've recently cast it, but it'll cast quickstrike regardless, which means you waste a combo turn which could be used more effectivly.

    There's the Riftstalker heals, a whole bunch of slows and snares to look through, soultree switching, which can be done regularly depending on your location on the battlefield. I've found that you can play supportive builds on hard to reach locations jump to dps, and AOE dps builds before jumping off a ledge into combat and snaring aoeíng the opponents team, than jump back out of range and casting(like with the nightblade soul, can't do it with the mm or rangers as you can't move and shoot, the mm or ranger can combine with the support build to cast from range before jumping into combat)
    Twilight: Twilight Forums

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    I have a build kinda like this for soloing. The one button macro is pretty nice especially since your goal is to keep combo points on the target when you kill them. I went with assassination for my 3rd soul for the extra crit, poisons, bleeds, and expose weakness.

    It takes about 10 seconds or so to kill same level mobs while leaving 5 CP's up.

    With 2 gap closers and a 30% heal every kill you have 0 down time going from mob to mob with minimal walking.

    If you don't have a blade dancer/rift stalker build for level 40+ mob killing you're really missing out.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    You think seven buttons is alot of abilities!? Seven!? Can I suggest you never play EQ2. I had 10 hotbars, each with 12 buttons on them, and I used every single button. 120 buttons and I still didn't have enough. You're worried about 7 buttons? LOL!
    So true, lmao. I was thinking the same thing when i read the op. EQ2 has a HUGE variety of abilities for each an every class.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makeshiftwings View Post
    I'm pretty sure it works exactly the same way in WoW. Your character says "I can't cast that yet" because the first one is on cooldown, but it still goes to the next spell available in the list. You can get rid of the character saying "I can't cast that yet" by putting Disable_SFX 1 or something at the beginning.
    That's how WoW worked previously. It no longer works that way. If you tried this in WoW it would cast Reprisal, and only Reprisal.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts