+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In need of a good Bard PvP healing build.

Soulwalker

Default In need of a good Bard PvP healing build.

Since my server seems to lack healers, and i'm honestly 3-18 in war fronts, I've decided to attempt to heal. Can someone give me a good spec for healing in war fronts, i am currently level 24. Also are bards viable to heal instances while leveling?

I was thinking something along the lines of this, although i have no idea of what souls to use with it.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MicV..Vcdqc0s
    Last edited by Smellyalata; 03-03-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Soulwalker

For warfront healing, bards put out crazy number, just assist trains are very hard to deal with. I would do a 51 bard build, putting extras into Riftstalker. The passive less dmg taken, more endurance, and more from healing are great for staying alive once they realize they need to kill you (the healer) to get anything done. that and the teleports are great. But you really must dump all your points into bard for at least 40+ to be decent at healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellyalata View Post
    Since my server seems to lack healers, and i'm honestly 3-18 in war fronts, I've decided to attempt to heal. Can someone give me a good spec for healing in war fronts, i am currently level 24. Also are bards viable to heal instances while leveling?

I was thinking something along the lines of this, although i have no idea of what souls to use with it.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MicV..Vcdqc0s
    I plan on using something along these lines at 50

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...skqz..VIx0zMzo
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Basically there are two things you want as a PvP bard. Survivability and Escape tools. The PvP soul has some really great defensive skills that will make killing you, even while CC'd especially difficult, and riftstalker gives you some of the best Bard synergy around. At least imo, here's what I am doing with my bard for PvP.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...skqz.VVr0z0V0z

Some of my choices are:

Why not full on Bard? All it really nets me in the case of PvP is an instant heal for spike healing and 3 not as useful spells. The bard should never have to spike heal and a spike heal on a minute cooldown, while solid and usable, isn't what I really want in my build when I can get:

Rift Barrier - It gives me a solid Finisher to use instead of Coda of Restoration if no one needs it and the riftstalker tree gives me increased armor and +30% healing on myself (which is brutal).

The PvP soul tree nets me reduced AoE damage, reduced damage while stunned, reduced stun duration, disarm is completely negated, DoTs deal less damage to me and I can "oh **** mode" reduced damage and increased healing.
    Shard: Shadefallen
    Yzona - Level 37 Mage (Chloromancer/Necro/Warlock)
    Igliaz - Level 30 Rogue (Rifstalker/Blade Dancer/Ranger)

Soulwalker

Are clerics healers superior to bards in war fronts at my level? (20-30)

Are clerics healers superior to bards in war fronts at my level? (20-30)
    it's more of a matter of what can clerics do that bards can't, which is spike heal someone whose bing DPS'd down. Bards have infinitely superior sustainability with their heals, and their AoE healing and ability to "steal" healing points from other classes is crazy, so your numbers will get ******edly high (I top the healing done charts) BUT if 2-3 people are trying to kill one guy, especially if he has a healing debuff on him, you're largely ineffectual.
    Shard: Shadefallen
    Yzona - Level 37 Mage (Chloromancer/Necro/Warlock)
    Igliaz - Level 30 Rogue (Rifstalker/Blade Dancer/Ranger)

Riftstalker is an insane combination with Bard. Your job as a bard is to spam your Cadence and heals while making sure you don't die. Riftstalker provides everything you need to survive indefinitely against 2 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Riftstalker is an insane combination with Bard. Your job as a bard is to spam your Cadence and heals while making sure you don't die. Riftstalker provides everything you need to survive indefinitely against 2 players.
    This, my eventual build will be 34 Bard for Virtuoso, Fervor, and Captivation; 32 Risftstalker for Imp Rift Guard, Flashback, and Shadow Stalk (both of which break stuns, roots, and snares and give 2 sec immunity); and 0 point Infiltrator for another CC break.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...okR.EIdo0oskqz

edit: Oh and Planar Switch to keep 5 points during Virtuoso if your target goes down or just for a quick Coda of Resto anytime since it's only a 10 sec cd and not on the gcd. You also have Imp. Guardian Phase- I wouldn't normally use Guardian Phase since it lowers your Cadence healing by 30% but if you're getting focused a lot then reduced healing is more healing than you'll do waiting for your rez at the gy
    Last edited by Gosh; 03-03-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while at the same time producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

Soulwalker

Another question, is there a set range on fanfares, and anthems? Or will my entire raid receive the buffs no matter where they are when I buff up.

There's a range because I've had people oor before. As a guess I'd say it's around non-improved Motif range.
    We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while at the same time producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

Another question, is there a set range on fanfares, and anthems? Or will my entire raid receive the buffs no matter where they are when I buff up.
    The range is pretty huge for an AoE before the points, after the points it is larger than a normal heal could reach.

Shield of Telara

Riftstalker 0 gives Shadow shift. This ability alone is a requirement for bards in warfronts. You will get targeted and you will get tunneled to death by a melee. Your job is to break contact with that person and start channeling Cadence again on a target. That ability alone will help your team alot.

As a bard, don't get frustrated if you die alot. They are looking for the healers to kill and you have a stream of musical notes flying from your finger tips. They know that has to die otherwise all the other work they are doing will get countered.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Shadowlander

This will be my L50 PvP spec

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z.xI00uVdok.Vh

You get the healing, the increases to Cadence from NB and survivability/mobility from RS. Barriers will be a life saver in PvP.
    Last edited by Flute; 03-04-2011 at 07:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread