+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftblade / Bladedancer / ??

Shadowlander

Default Riftblade / Bladedancer / ??

Is there any recommendation for final soul other than bard? For general solo pve and raid tanking? Should I even waste my time with 3rd soul? If I do take Bard, how deep do i go?

Soulwalker

Darkblade is the one that gets 15% to combo, 15% to finisher in the first two ranks of talents? And hellfire blades as a free damage buff.

Or assassin, which gives you poison for free damage with no points in it, and +crit if you want to spend a few.

Plane Touched

If you take bard, 9 points are probably the deepest you'd want to go (+Health, +Armor buff, -enemies hit and crit). I'm planning on going only 7 in.

Ranger is another option, and that is more like 8 points max (+Health, +Mitigation)

Sabs got +% Dex, but nothing really beyond that.
    Faeblight - Defiant: Ghaeleah, Eladria, Mala, Danoria, Azshannya
    Estrael - Guardian: Reah, Shilania, Kethrah, Tulania, Azshannya

Soulwalker

For tanking? Bard, definitely... By putting 4 points only in your Bard soul, you'll gain 8% health plus an endurance buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzz View Post
    Is there any recommendation for final soul other than bard? For general solo pve and raid tanking? Should I even waste my time with 3rd soul? If I do take Bard, how deep do i go?
    Hmmmmm, I have Bard with only 1 point in the HP+ so far (at lvl 28).... Been fine switching out that last soul for whatever so far, till I get more points to blow. So far just having the RS/BD paired up have been enough to tank stuff.

I'd say don't worry about it till later!

Soulwalker

Riftblade/bladedancer is by far the best levling spec as a rogue i have tried every spec possible as rogue and riftblade/bladedancer is just fun easy levling... And there is no downtime at all

i would recommend this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oRRGdz.hmMcd0b This is not a build i made its someone else and its Great ... If your low level you should focus on getting the points in riftblade first.... The skill that makes stuff easy is called Rift scavanger after u get that put points in bladedancer ... The points is assasin is obvious poison etc

Ps. anyone saying its not the best build are wrong ... Bard makes u heal allot but u dont have the great dps as this build... im lvl 38 atm and i kill stuff so quickly now also using a macro

#show Puncture
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    Last edited by Fujimaro; 03-03-2011 at 04:18 PM.

zep
    Telaran

Funny that no one actually noticed that riftblade is not a rogue soul.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by zep View Post
    Funny that no one actually noticed that riftblade is not a rogue soul.
    No, we ignored the obvious typo and answered the question as if it was typed correctly.
    Faeblight - Defiant: Ghaeleah, Eladria, Mala, Danoria, Azshannya
    Estrael - Guardian: Reah, Shilania, Kethrah, Tulania, Azshannya

Shadowlander

Thanks for all the good responses everyone.

Riftblade, lol. That guy must be new.... Look he doesn't even have a fancy signature.

l
    l
    l
    \/

Shadowlander

personally, i'm going 51riftstalker/7bard/8ranger (build listed in tanking thread here). works well enough for me.

bard and ranger is for 15% end, 6% dmage reduction, and 2% crit/hit reduction

and the auto attack boar is some free DPS (turn abilities off scine i CBF resummoning him so much)
    Last edited by Sogrin; 03-03-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujimaro View Post
    Riftblade/bladedancer is by far the best levling spec as a rogue i have tried every spec possible as rogue and riftblade/bladedancer is just fun easy levling... And there is no downtime at all

i would recommend this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oRRGdz.hmMcd0b This is not a build i made its someone else and its Great ... If your low level you should focus on getting the points in riftblade first.... The skill that makes stuff easy is called Rift scavanger after u get that put points in bladedancer ... The points is assasin is obvious poison etc

Ps. anyone saying its not the best build are wrong ... Bard makes u heal allot but u dont have the great dps as this build... im lvl 38 atm and i kill stuff so quickly now also using a macro

#show Puncture
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    hey pal, the Puncture in your macro is not into your build
    Mage 50 (fresh/parked) / Warrior 50 (beginning T1/parked) / Rogue 50 (beginning T1/active) / Cleric 50 (fresh/parked)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by satn View Post
    For tanking? Bard, definitely... By putting 4 points only in your Bard soul, you'll gain 8% health plus an endurance buff.
    Street Smarts is more important than an endurance buff that another dedicated bard will give you a better version of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogrin View Post
    personally, i'm going 51riftstalker/7bard/8ranger (build listed in tanking thread here). works well enough for me.

bard and ranger is for 15% end, 6% dmage reduction, and 2% crit/hit reduction

and the auto attack boar is some free DPS (turn abilities off scine i CBF resummoning him so much)
    The autoattack dps of the boar will be much less then popping sidesteps with a 100% riposte on dodge proc from Bladedancer. Especially in AoE tanking situations. The boar nets you 0 threat as well.
    Last edited by IanTheRed; 03-03-2011 at 09:33 PM.

I actually think for leveling Nightblade/Riftstalker/Whatever is your best bet. Rift Scavenger in the RS tree means zero downtime.

At 25 something like this....

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MipV.VItM0o.Vf0h

+ Reply to Thread