+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Number of melee rogues?

Soulwalker

Default Number of melee rogues?

It seems to me that rogues are the most popular class. I like rogues but really dont wanna roll one if there is a huge overabundance. My plan was to roll an assassin/riftstalker. Are most of the rogues bard/ranged/sabs? Or are there tons of Sins running aroudn too?

I'm playing a RS/BD/Rgr with zero points in Ranger. Just wanted the pet and bow for lazy farming ability

Melee so far seems ok at 17 and able to mix it up toe to toe

Shield of Telara

Rogues are always going to me the most populace. You will probably face a lot of competition for leather gear throughout raids/rifts/instances/etc. Ppl love the class. I only play one because I wanted a non-plate tank. But have found I also like Sabo, NB, and Bard pretty well too which is a plus but really only care much for my Riftstalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Exosus View Post
    I'm playing a RS/BD/Rgr with zero points in Ranger. Just wanted the pet and bow for lazy farming ability

Melee so far seems ok at 17 and able to mix it up toe to toe
    Melee rogue feels very weak early on imo. I'm 38 and it seems to be getting better, I'm wrecking shop with my Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Nightblade spec. (Using Bladestorm, I can easily take on 4-5 mobs at once but it's a 2 minute cooldown) Once you get into the 20s-30s you can't quest at all without drinking every 5 mobs unless you spec into Riftstalker or Bard for self heals.
    Last edited by Teddiursa; 03-03-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Soulwalker

I wasnt really concerned with gear competition so much as for usefullness in general. If there are lotsa rogues in WFs and such, but they are ranged/bard then I dont have a problem, on the other hand if there are tons of melee rogues then that kinda sux.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv View Post
    I wasnt really concerned with gear competition so much as for usefullness in general. If there are lotsa rogues in WFs and such, but they are ranged/bard then I dont have a problem, on the other hand if there are tons of melee rogues then that kinda sux.
    Melee rogues can be good, Im Sin/RG/BD and can rock all most anyone, Ive taken out clerics mages rogues and wars at least 2 lvls higher then me. You just have to know how to play. Right now I saw MM and Sab are most popular you dont see many melee rogues. I say out of a WF of 15 you have maybe 10 rogues and 2 of them will me melee.

Sabs are Fotm for the so called wineing for a nerf, once people under stand melee rogues they will become more popular.

Im 38 back in the 20s I could burn though a mob in about 3 seconds, Now it takes about 5. Play the sin right and it will work out.
    "Wars are not acts of God. They are caused by man, by man-made institutions, by the way in which man has organized his society. What man has made, man can change." Frederick Moore Vinson
    Ill make the basters bleed!!!

Soulwalker

I have a sin/BD/RS and I love it. I'm 43 and have no problem solo questing. I don't have to drink at all and rarely use the RS heal, I can burn mobs pretty fast and have zero down time I love it. Elites can be a little harder to take out just have to understand all the skills or you can just switch to a ranger spec for that one mob so that your pet can tank.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa View Post
    Melee rogue feels very weak early on imo. I'm 38 and it seems to be getting better, I'm wrecking shop with my Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Nightblade spec. (Using Bladestorm, I can easily take on 4-5 mobs at once but it's a 2 minute cooldown) Once you get into the 20s-30s you can't quest at all without drinking every 5 mobs unless you spec into Riftstalker or Bard for self heals.
    I'm a level 23 Assassin/Riftstalker/Nightblade. I don't even carry drinks. I can usually take down a mob in seconds. It's when I accidentally pull more than two mobs that I begin to have trouble.

Infinite stealth is so wonderful.

+ Reply to Thread