+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So why don't we talk about NBs?

Default So why don't we talk about NBs?

I'm new to the forums (playing since beta 6) but I am hearing this just now.

Any particular reason or is it just a meme?

TBH every time I think to make a build using Nightblade, I always come to the same line of thought.

"Damn thats a lot of ranged attacks, but what happens when they close?"

That right there stops me from theorycrafting any further.
    \

Soulwalker

Because if everyone starts posting threads talking about......' OMG MY NB TOTALLY PWNZERS ALL DOOD...I KILLED 15 people in a row and it took 5 to finally kill me....

Guess what? .......NERF!!!!

So we dont talk about NB...nothing to see here....move along

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    TBH every time I think to make a build using Nightblade, I always come to the same line of thought.

You do the same attacks in melee? There's no real damage difference except for auto attacks and finishers at range from what I can tell.

Shield of Telara

NB is a great soul and in a lot of ways I prefer its skills to those similar skills it shares with Sin. Mainly because its stuns and sap's are all ranged base which gives a bit more wiggle room when trying to maneuver in behind a mob.

NB is pretty much an assassin just with Fire and Death enchants in place of poison and with a lot of ranged attacks mixed in. I really like the soul and have a good dps build with Sin and NB as my main souls going up for all the +crit, +dmg, +bleed, +positional that sin has. Then also going in and getting the +finisher dmg, dark malady, and a few others for added dmg from NB.

I think some people are turned off by the magical nature of NB. People like the Assassin mold, the cloak and dagger feel of it. NB doesnt quite give that same feel if you dont also spec into assassin. It's ranged talents dont give it as much of an up close and personal slipadaggerinyourribs type of feel. Those are just aesthetic preferences for the most part though. As they perform nearly identically. They both have a couple debuffs they need to keep up and they are both heavily crit reliant for good dps.

I think people just like the Sin look/feel over that of the NB.

I really like Nightblade. From when I first started testing it (when it really was the red headed stepchild of rogue souls) to now I have had a lot of fun with the added range that it brings over assasin and just a little different take on the sneaking rogue from the typical cloak and dagger type.

And their ranged attacks are just as good in melee range they just have the added range to them which makes it all the better.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-03-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post

That's when you completely destroy whatever is stupid enough to get close with Ebon Fury+ Dusk Strike + Scourge and blazing.
    Last edited by Phantasm; 03-03-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Kasmir ~ Whitefall

NBs are similar to Assassins with a medium-ranged edge, poorer stealth and less stunning up close (possibly less melee damage too). I love them though and the "NB Club" thing is a meme because the few people who actually play NBs (I've seen one other ever in Warfronts) don't want their uniqueness/underdog status and fun spoiled by too much discussion and attention!.

Rift Disciple

The first rule about Nightblade - you dont talk about Nightblade.

If you doesn't know why, then your not supposed to know.
    Last edited by Zkrilla; 03-04-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zkrilla View Post
    The first rule about Nightblade - you dont talk about Nightblade.

If you doesn't know why, then your not supposed to know.
    This. Shhh

Telaran

Powerful cooldowns, some strong CC's, and a powerful move. The rest you can figure out yourself if you like the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknesse View Post
    I'm new to the forums (playing since beta 6) but I am hearing this just now.

Any particular reason or is it just a meme?
    IMO and preference, All my Rogue builds will always have NB as a 2nd/3rd soul because of it's +combo damage/+finisher damage. You could get that just by putting 10 talent points, so with that in hand I can focus more on my Primary Soul. It's like this, I want to make my Marksman's talent tree at 31 to get the highest skill so then I have more extra points to put on my second soul aside from the 10 points on the NB.

10 points in NB is a great pick up for most rogue builds intending to do damage. The base skill set 10 points provides is pretty decent, but the really good stuff comes deeper in the tree/roots for NB.

Overall, NB played pretty well when I invested deeper in it's tree vis-a-vis Sin or the other R souls.

There is no real penalty for using NB ranged attacks at melee. So that notion should be dispelled as many of their ranged attacks are crucial to building DPS as a NB. But their is no real limitation to using those attacks at melee.

Rift Master

I find NB to be the most effective 'melee' rogue soul for PvP. Given everyone has so much CC you get punted/rooted/snared alot of the time well before you can kill people with a sin/blade dancer so those ranged finishers/dots are really handy.

Quote Originally Posted by titansgrip View Post
    10 points in NB is a great pick up for most rogue builds intending to do damage. The base skill set 10 points provides is pretty decent, but the really good stuff comes deeper in the tree/roots for NB.

Overall, NB played pretty well when I invested deeper in it's tree vis-a-vis Sin or the other R souls.

There is no real penalty for using NB ranged attacks at melee. So that notion should be dispelled as many of their ranged attacks are crucial to building DPS as a NB. But their is no real limitation to using those attacks at melee.

wrong

10 points to do 15% damage?

not good enough
    Adapt or Die

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MadGelo View Post
    wrong

10 points to do 15% damage?

not good enough
    wow

this is why everyone around me is so bad, they are like allergic to being good in these games, its pathetic

ok ill give you a tip, there's no rogue sole that even comes CLOSE to being as good as 5 or 10 points in nightblae for a 3rd sole, any dps rogue who does not have nightblade as part of its setup for atleast the first 5-10 points, is a low tier dps rogue, period.
    Last edited by Bejita; 03-04-2011 at 06:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast