+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Just....pfft

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Ellandess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    122

    Default Just....pfft

    You've got players running around with over 300 armour and over 5k health (not just the warriors btw).

    Even if your assassin does 500dps - which I VERY much doubt. You still need 10 seconds of uninterrupted dots and stuns to kill them.

    Nuff said.

    Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

    PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara xeshaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    you want pvp fights to only last seconds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    621

    Default

    QQ moar.

    /10 char

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellandess View Post
    You've got players running around with over 300 armour and over 5k health (not just the warriors btw).

    Even if your assassin does 500dps - which I VERY much doubt. You still need 10 seconds of uninterrupted dots and stuns to kill them.

    Nuff said.
    You complain a lot.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    You complain a lot.
    ^ /cosign. Not seen a single constructive post just general whining.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    10 seconds in a perfect world. That's not bad at all. Are you expecting to kill players as fast as you kill mobs?

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Ellandess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    I complain because I'm not a fanboy. I like the game, I even like the class - I just don't like the way there are so many things that make the assassin anything other than a pve class.

    I complain because I don't play the fotm that you do.

    Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

    PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Ellandess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    If I didn't want the game to improve, I wouldn't bother typing a post.

    I'm critical because there are gaps.

    Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

    PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Tunasalad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bethlehem, PA
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellandess View Post
    You've got players running around with over 300 armour and over 5k health (not just the warriors btw).
    True. At 28 I have 3k health as a bladedancer/RS what's wrong with that!?

  10. #10
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellandess View Post
    If I didn't want the game to improve, I wouldn't bother typing a post.

    I'm critical because there are gaps.
    Gaps that you perceive to be there -- lets first get that straight.

    Secondly, if you don't offer any reasonable / well thought out remedies to bridge said "gaps" then what you're doing is about as worthless as.... well..... all your posts.

    Further, please don't resort to ad hominem attacks because you didn't get the response you wanted (nor deserved).

    Thanks,

    The Management
    Last edited by sano; 03-03-2011 at 02:45 PM.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    621

    Default

    There are definitely gaps. But how would you change Sabo. I mean the mechanic is the mechanic. Its all about burst dps for building your charges over time.

    The one change that could be made that is reasonable and probably should be done is a roll for crit for EACH CHARGE rather than as it is now where it appears to be 1 crit roll for the whole stack. So if you crit each of your charges crit. I think it should be a roll for each charge so you could have 2,3,0,1 however many critting at a time than all of them if you roll a crit on the first roll. This would greatly reduce overall spike dmg for Sabo's. But it is likely the fair thing to do as nobody else just gets 4 auto crits in a row because their first one did. If anything give them a 3/5 min CD ability that can be cast causing all charges to crit in order to give them that big bang once every few minutes.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Ellandess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    Gaps that you perceive to be there -- lets first get that straight.

    Secondly, if you don't offer any reasonable / well thought out remedies to bridge said "gaps" then what you're doing is about as worthless as.... well..... all your posts.

    Further, please don't resort to ad hominem attacks because you didn't get the response you wanted (nor deserved).

    Thanks,

    The Management

    There are a multitude of assassin complaints on this thread. There were in beta and there were in headstart and guess what? They're still here.

    I really don't see what you're trying to add to this thread by bringing your holier than thou attitude with you. You say I have nothing positive to say, but looking back at your threads this is just pot kettle black isn't it?

    I come here to make my voice heard. I do not come here to troll other's threads or to suck up to either Trion of people like you.

    Signed the management??? Who are you anyway?

    Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

    PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Ellandess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    There are definitely gaps. But how would you change Sabo. I mean the mechanic is the mechanic. Its all about burst dps for building your charges over time.

    The one change that could be made that is reasonable and probably should be done is a roll for crit for EACH CHARGE rather than as it is now where it appears to be 1 crit roll for the whole stack. So if you crit each of your charges crit. I think it should be a roll for each charge so you could have 2,3,0,1 however many critting at a time than all of them if you roll a crit on the first roll. This would greatly reduce overall spike dmg for Sabo's. But it is likely the fair thing to do as nobody else just gets 4 auto crits in a row because their first one did. If anything give them a 3/5 min CD ability that can be cast causing all charges to crit in order to give them that big bang once every few minutes.
    Sabo???? What????

    I'm complaining about the assassin. There is no survivability for that soul, so either the fight ends quickly or you rely totally on a crit chance.

    Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

    PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellandess View Post
    There are a multitude of assassin complaints on this thread. There were in beta and there were in headstart and guess what? They're still here.

    I really don't see what you're trying to add to this thread by bringing your holier than thou attitude with you. You say I have nothing positive to say, but looking back at your threads this is just pot kettle black isn't it?

    I come here to make my voice heard. I do not come here to troll other's threads or to suck up to either Trion of people like you.

    Signed the management??? Who are you anyway?
    Umm, was the ad hominem part a little over your head? I'm confused. Is this what the education system is spitting out now? If so, we got bigger issues than your perceived game balance issues.

    PS. This just in MMO's will never have this "balanced" (I'd love to know what people's definition of this is) playing field that you keep asking, neigh whining, to have magically handed to you. Especially in a game this flexible (w/ regards to specs).

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Ellandess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    Umm, was the ad hominem part a little over your head? I'm confused. Is this what the education system is spitting out now? If so, we got bigger issues than your perceived game balance issues.

    PS. This just in MMO's will never have this "balanced" (I'd love to know what people's definition of this is) playing field that you keep asking, neigh whining, to have magically handed to you. Especially in a game this flexible (w/ regards to specs).
    Never assume you know the person on the other end of the internet fella.

    The education system 'spat' me out over twenty years ago now and in that time I've bypassed many a verbally aggressive bully like you.

    PS. And you've hit the nail on the head. If you want to succeed in Rift right now, you have to change your souls with the 'flexibility' you point out. Thanks for the tick.
    Last edited by Ellandess; 03-03-2011 at 03:04 PM.

    Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

    PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts