+ Reply to Thread

Thread: assassination

Shadowlander

Default assassination

Does assassination really become useless in higher lvls?

Quote Originally Posted by Jah92 View Post
    Use it as a PvE opener, or to gib mages in PvP who sat down to drink after being down to 40-50% of their hp.

Shadowlander

as far as pvp goes, I am not really good.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jah92 View Post
    You mean Assassinate? I've used this ability maybe twice in pvp and pve. It's already useless.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Planbee View Post
    You mean Assassinate? I've used this ability maybe twice in pvp and pve. It's already useless.
    I have to side with you on this one. It lacks the omgwtf effect that the name implies. I open with it, even on mobs 3 levels lower than me and barely scratch off 1/4 health. Same level mobs, 1/8 to a 1/16. I get better mileage out of Jag. It might not pop big but it drains pretty well.

it should be called, maim slightly
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

I dont like Jag for PvP, there are to many AoE / Group Heals. They can easily negate it.

I use assassinate more because it does more burst than the other 2 and you can save the stun for Foul Play with out having it diminish the returns.

I use Paralyzing strike in all other case's most when i need to stop someone from doing something right at pop. (usually to stop them from chasing the flag/fang holder)
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

I stopped using it as soon as I got Paralyzing Strike.

Open with PS, spam 3 backstabs (now at 5 combo points)

Helluva opening rotation on anything that doesn't have stun duration reduction.
    \

I only open with Jagged. It's much more dps than Assassinate. I don't use PS because of how low it hits and I don't normally need the stun as an opener.
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

Soulwalker

The whole assassin tree is broken. Not enough damage and no way to stick to a target. Using assassinate will only mean your target will have more time to run away or, in the case of leveling, you won't be behind your target and won't be able to use backstab, which also doesn't hit for much (still better than savage strike anyways).

Rift Disciple

I open with either Dark Malady or PS, depends on the sit. I like DM tho cus it ups my dmg with the rest of the buff i got to boost dmg i down most people with Dark Malady>Malicous Strike>combo builderx2>final blow>dead target.
    Works like a charm.

I've been leveling as Assassin nearly the whole way. At 33 right now. I absolutely love this spec and honestly, I have no idea why people think it can't do enough damage, or is too hard to solo with (maybe if you keyboard turn). I've messed with Bladedancer as my main and you don't do nearly the damage you can with Assassin, if played right.

Opening with a Jagged, to the other 4-second stun (The name escapes me right now), the mobs rarely even get a chance to hit me. When I see flagged players, I have no problem there either. You have a 70% spammable snare, and if paired with blade dancer, you have enough OMG buttons to barely take a beating (Really you only need the one though).

If you guys want to cry for buffs though, I won't stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I've been leveling as Assassin nearly the whole way. At 33 right now. I absolutely love this spec and honestly, I have no idea why people think it can't do enough damage, or is too hard to solo with (maybe if you keyboard turn). I've messed with Bladedancer as my main and you don't do nearly the damage you can with Assassin, if played right.

Opening with a Jagged, to the other 4-second stun (The name escapes me right now), the mobs rarely even get a chance to hit me. When I see flagged players, I have no problem there either. You have a 70% spammable snare, and if paired with blade dancer, you have enough OMG buttons to barely take a beating (Really you only need the one though).

If you guys want to cry for buffs though, I won't stop you.
    Could you please post your talent tree so far or even final one you are trying to accomplish? I've been trying to find some sin talent trees but everyone seems to go sab or some other imba, op spec. I've played muti rogue in "other known mmo game" and I loved it. Sure would like to continue here as sin.

Thnx.
    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.

Rift Disciple

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dR.VVb0z.Vot0M

This is gona be mine at 50 (although will probs change a few times) - using all the attacks from sin, bonuses to damage and sprint for escaping from BD, ranged attacks/snares etc from NB - purely damage hardly any defensive buffs, glass cannon but i do really good damage and never have any probs in pvp or pve.

Comments and suggestions are encouraged cheers.
    Last edited by Demvaril; 03-04-2011 at 01:33 AM.

why not go with infiltrator at 50 ?

And assassin rock at lvling. Main assassin, Ranger for pet even tho i dont like it. And bard.
    The behind style in spec tree is a ****ing god ability. Hitting for aprox 200 each hit then finisher at 600. The pet is only to be able to hit the mob at back whole time. bard for cadance and powerchord for easy 2 combo points and ofcourse for the health . No downtime at all. And i can kill people pvp if you are on pvp server.
    Tho i would like to try a godmode Area spec but havnt found one yet with good survivebility. close is Ranger.mm and bard but its something that missing imo. unless you have a tank to hold all aggro. then it would be insane Any thought for solo aoe spec ?

+ Reply to Thread