+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sword or axe?

Shadowlander

Default Sword or axe?

Any reason a rogue should take the sword from the planar vender over the axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeaks View Post
    Any reason a rogue should take the sword from the planar vender over the axe?
    ??

There are multiple planar vendors. Dex > Str for rogues. Gimmeh that crit.

Shield of Telara

dagger>sword>axe, very generally. This is for any Rogue that has blade enchantments. As the faster attack speed gives you more procs for your enchants.

Now after that. And if you dont have a calling with blade enchants then go for dps and stat boosts.

For instance, on my RS I picked up the 1 handed axes from Revered rep with Red w/e faction in Scarwood at Perspice because those axes have ridiculous tanking stats on them compared to other stuff at the level +11 end and +9 parry on each dual wielding. And ya I've got a couple nice tanking weapons there.

Other than that its preference. The difference, if the dps and stat mods are similar, is very slight.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-03-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Shadowlander

Thanks, I was referring to the first planar vender (only lvl 15), the axe is slightly better than the sword as far as damage, dps, dex, strength. I play melee dps and bard for second role
    Last edited by Zeaks; 03-03-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Soulwalker

but wich mele dps? the assasin and the nightblade get weapon enchants but the blade dancer does not so with the assasin or nightblade faster the blade the better for more weapon enchant procs but something like the blade dance the slower heavy DPS weapons are better because alot of your attacks do both weapon damage at once.

so the weapon type you use depends on wich mele dps you are i hope that hlps

Quote Originally Posted by Covfam View Post
    but wich mele dps? the assasin and the nightblade get weapon enchants but the blade dancer does not so with the assasin or nightblade faster the blade the better for more weapon enchant procs but something like the blade dance the slower heavy DPS weapons are better because alot of your attacks do both weapon damage at once.

so the weapon type you use depends on wich mele dps you are i hope that hlps
    <---- bladedancer/RS/Sin for the poison only... Gimme dems toothpick-daggers anyday!

Telaran

I'm just curious if anyone has theory crafted this thus far? Obviously fast weapons will always be better when proc based enchants / poisons / skills are considered (when there is a flat % for the proc that is not normalized in any way). However, I'm curious how the instant main hand attacks are factored into this. I would assume that you want a high base damange (slow) main hand weapon to benifit all of your instant attacks. Are our basic instants not based off of main hand damage?

Note: I've only been playing since head start... I didn't play any betas. The above is an honest question. I've heard many people site poisons / NB procs for the reason to use fast weapons; however, my experience in "other" games tells me this isn't always the case depending on other factors.

+ Reply to Thread