+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin needs some tuning.

Default Assassin needs some tuning.

Alright,

First of all, this is not a QQ post about how other classes are broken blah blah blah, this is my opinion on the assassin class coming from a *game that will not be mentioned* 2500 player.

The assassin spec is AMAZING for questing, if you are a rogue, pick up full assassin and atleast 7 points into sab, its incredibly good for soloing elites with good stuns, slows, a blind, and of course a vanish just incase your in a tight spot, its pretty much The spec to go for questing solo, ive been assassin since lvl 1 and i blow threw quests, also dungeon dps is very nice, a very good rogue at lvl 39 tested his dps with a home made dps meeter and he reported 410 dps as sabo, and 350-370 as assassin.

Now heres the downside.

The damage in pvp is decent but ive had a 36 warrior charge me and stun me and bring me down to 20% hp in one stun cycle, while i was level 39, and yeah you could say QQ l2play, but what can you do when you eat 3 seconds of damage that downs you to 20% of your hp?

Assassins need more survivability, enduring brew is nice but it realy does not make that big of a difference, also the talent that gives you 20% increased healing seems to not affect enduring brew, wich it should for obvious reasons, the assassin damage is fairy weak in pvp for being a pick your target and kill them fast spec, you really dont kill anything fast, it takes a good stun rotation to be able to load all your bleeds up, wich is most of your damage, then you realise the enemy justs roots you in place or punts you back and full heals from 1 spell all your bleeding efforts.

Backstab is nice but for the main source of single target damage, with full good gear and max dexterity build i only get at max 250 crits with it, when ive recorded warriors critting for 500-600-700 path of wind, wich is a spammable ability.

Stealth seems to break randomly without any action aswell and th talent to improve your stealth by 30% really does no difference, ive had mobs the same level or 1 level under me detect me from 2 meters away and players can generaly see you from pretty far distance.

*edit: and the 4 second stun only lasts 2 seconds for some reason.

So heres the deal :

-Bad survivability and mobility in pvp
    -Good soloing for questing and leveling
    -Good damage in PVE
    -Mediocre damage in PVP

If you disagree or want to add more please leave a smart and polite comment.
    Last edited by dsun; 03-03-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dsun View Post

So heres the deal :

-Bad survivability and mobility in pvp
    -Good soloing for questing and leveling
    -Good damage in PVE
    -Mediocre damage in PVP

If you disagree or want to add more please leave a smart and polite comment.
    Level 32 ATM

Pair is Riftstalker and your survivability / mobility goes thru the roof (as long as you don't warp thru the world stupid bug).

Don't let anyone talk you out of it, blinding powder is the bomb. Slip Away is awesome as well.

Are you going for DoT's in PvP? There's to many AoE / Group healers out there, kills the whole process.
    My Backstab crit's for 300 on a regular basis, I have seen as high as 330. (in PvP)

Assassinate and Final Blow have consistently crited for around 500-600.

In about a 5 second period you could crit out around 1400 damage. At level 30 tier that's doom for most squishes. With out the crits its about 600, if thats the case blinding powder and try again.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

+ Reply to Thread