+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BD,Sin,NB

Default BD,Sin,NB

Hey theorycrafters, what do you think of this sexy build? http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...sooodz.0VRct0b

Shadowlander

What are you trying to do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Just looking at my endgame pve dps options and wanted some opinions on that build. I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet. *fought the temptation to put another emoticon in *phew**

Ha! Just saw your quote, love it!

If its purely pve you don't need things like sprint, or fire and death attunement or blind. I would also recommend going assassin heavy over blade dancer as blade dancer requires you to use slower weapons (for the higher damage range) for the offhand attacks while assassin/nightblade stacks up dots and poisons. You should also make an effort to get abilities like dusk strike, and melted skin for an extra 5% damage boost.
    TACT stole my sig!

Shadowlander

basically looking at it you put points deep enough in night blade to get hellfire blades and then chose a 3 pt talent that gives a 3% dmg boost when you could have taken 2 points and gotten 5% (with the talent at 100% the melted skin buff never seems to dissapear.

Sprint isn't really that useful unless you're expecting to run away a lot more than flash of steel will allow and you're not going to see a lot of exhaustion causing abilties if you're going 10 points into 2 other soul trees so the exhausted effect won't get in the way unless you're suddenly tanking and need to pump max dmg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Shadowlander

Bladedancer

From a pure pve dps point of view this is the highest possible spec as bladedancer.

On paper atleast and from a theory crafting perspective.

The rotation is some what mind numbing but you use blade tempo with dancing steel, even on single target it does immense damage and causes weapon procs. Use the critical chance poison and hellfire blade for raid synergy and increased crit. If dauntless strike can stack with critical chance poison or if you do not have a bard keep it up at all times.

Keep expose weakness up at all times.

Use duelism once exhaustion is off and generate insane combo points/spam deadly strike. Once duelism goes down use ebon fury and use keen and precision strike and spam dusk strike while precision is on cooldown weaving in finishers when appropiate. Finish off the exhaustion cycle with double coup and keen strike quick strike spam with deadly as finisher when necessary.

With this spec you can generate massive combo points in a matter of seconds (in 15 gcds you can have up to 8-10 finishers completed depending on part of rotation) due to combat effiency the more finishers you do the more energy you have.

The spec is mind numbingly powerful on paper but I have not hit 50 yet so can not test it yet I really hope it turns out to be as powerful as it is on paper because the rotation is very fun and exciting.

This is the build I've been messing with:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...s0ohbz.0VMcxcb

i have been running with that and kicking *****!

Thanks for the great and thoughtful replies guys! You all made some very good points and I appreciate the responses.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nervosa View Post
    Bladedancer

From a pure pve dps point of view this is the highest possible spec as bladedancer.

On paper atleast and from a theory crafting perspective.

The rotation is some what mind numbing but you use blade tempo with dancing steel, even on single target it does immense damage and causes weapon procs. Use the critical chance poison and hellfire blade for raid synergy and increased crit. If dauntless strike can stack with critical chance poison or if you do not have a bard keep it up at all times.

Keep expose weakness up at all times.

Use duelism once exhaustion is off and generate insane combo points/spam deadly strike. Once duelism goes down use ebon fury and use keen and precision strike and spam dusk strike while precision is on cooldown weaving in finishers when appropiate. Finish off the exhaustion cycle with double coup and keen strike quick strike spam with deadly as finisher when necessary.

With this spec you can generate massive combo points in a matter of seconds (in 15 gcds you can have up to 8-10 finishers completed depending on part of rotation) due to combat effiency the more finishers you do the more energy you have.

The spec is mind numbingly powerful on paper but I have not hit 50 yet so can not test it yet I really hope it turns out to be as powerful as it is on paper because the rotation is very fun and exciting.

Tested this on a 50 Rogue, and there's a bit you can change to increase dps substantially.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...so0hbz.0VMcx0b

DPS went from ~500 with your build to ~650 with mine. You lose one of the Rhythm abilities, but for the immense damage from passives that you get (10% more damage constantly, 20% more damage on crits) far outweighs the benefits of one Rhythm. Not to mention, you don't need 5% dodge for a DPS build.

Shadowlander

Why is it each of these build people have 3 points in serrated blades. That a waste of 3 points. It like taking one auto attack and dividing it by 6. Do not forget armor will mitigate the damage of serrated blades thanks to the fact it physical. It not the usefull 300% of weapon base damage as it used to be. it only 100% weapon base damage. Not sure why they nerfed it. It was fine at 300%. This is not WoW where one handed weapons do over 1k damage. Around 50 your be lucky to get a one hander with over 125 damage.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosSuccubus View Post
    Why is it each of these build people have 3 points in serrated blades. That a waste of 3 points. It like taking one auto attack and dividing it by 6. Do not forget armor will mitigate the damage of serrated blades thanks to the fact it physical. It not the usefull 300% of weapon base damage as it used to be. it only 100% weapon base damage. Not sure why they nerfed it. It was fine at 300%. This is not WoW where one handed weapons do over 1k damage. Around 50 your be lucky to get a one hander with over 125 damage.
    It stacks up to 3 times, which puts it at 300% weapon damage.

+ Reply to Thread