+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 0 Downtime Sin Leveling Build

  1. #1
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default 0 Downtime Sin Leveling Build

    for 39+

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xsbodbR.v0zmzo

    Thoughts? Anything I could optimize?

  2. #2
    Telaran Kaliiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    York UK
    Posts
    68

    Default

    This seem's like a fairly solid build but I would drop serrated blades for cloak and dagger if your opening from stealth, the difference is amazing plus the added bonus of taking 15% less damage too.

    I have a similar build but I don't use bladedancer, my first spare 10 point's go into nightblade for the extra damage to builing/finishing moves and then after that I will be putting 13 in to rift stalker for the heal, at level 34 in beta this was healing me for just under 1k for 5 points when I killed a target (I hate wasting point's :-)).
    Last edited by Kaliiz; 03-03-2011 at 10:00 AM.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Malok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I rolled with this build for a while before changing bard to bladedancer.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x0bod0o.yh.V0x

    Keep the motifs rolling. At 39 you can take a point from the NB tree to get slip away since it's very nice to have for those oh crap moments. You can open with an assassinate or a paralyzing strike then follow with a foul play. The mob will hardly ever touch you if you're at most 2 levels below it. If it does hit you the motif of regeneration will top you off before engaging the next mob.

    I was having to wait for stealth to come off cooldown before moving on because I was killing mobs so quickly.

    Oh and having the NB tree was great because it gave you a 20 meter incapacitate called lost hope. leveling was extremely easy with this build.
    Last edited by Malok; 03-03-2011 at 10:12 AM.

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaliiz View Post
    This seem's like a fairly solid build but I would drop serrated blades for cloak and dagger if your opening from stealth, the difference is amazing plus the added bonus of taking 15% less damage too.

    I have a similar build but I don't use bladedancer, my first spare 10 point's go into nightblade for the extra damage to builing/finishing moves and then after that I will be putting 13 in to rift stalker for the heal, at level 34 in beta this was healing me for just under 1k for 5 points when I killed a target (I hate wasting point's :-)).
    Good point on the cloak and dagger, I don't know why I'm so enthralled with serrated blades, but I love it on my bladedancer build which I'm currently leveling with. I do like your idea of nightblade for the second tree, I may give that a shot, but blade dancer offers some nice stuff as well. And ya, the rift stalker heal is incredible, I have it in both my nightblade and bladedancer leveling builds and I'm kinda scared to give it up to be honest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malok View Post
    I rolled with this build for a while before changing bard to bladedancer.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x0bod0o.yh.V0x

    Keep the motifs rolling. At 39 you can take a point from the NB tree to get slip away since it's very nice to have for those oh crap moments. You can open with an assassinate or a paralyzing strike then follow with a foul play. The mob will hardly ever touch you if you're at most 2 levels below it. If it does hit you the motif of regeneration will top you off before engaging the next mob.

    I was having to wait for stealth to come off cooldown before moving on because I was killing mobs so quickly.

    Oh and having the NB tree was great because it gave you a 20 meter incapacitate called lost hope. leveling was extremely easy with this build.
    I don't know if I like spending so many points in bard, my 3rd spec is bard, if I ever get low enough to where I have to drink, I usually just swap over to it and kill a mob as bard to get back to health then hop back over to my bladedancer or NB build. The lost hope point is another good reason I might switch to NB as my secondary tree, that ranged sap is just awesome.


    Thanks for the replys.

    As an aside, how do you guys find assassinate performance in dungeons? Is it somewhat close to a heavy nightblade build (which is what I usually run in them)?

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Sub speccing into rift scavenger (riftstalker) is amazing for leveling with 5 combo points at level 31 i am healed for 850 when the mob dies after opening burst etc just finish mob off with regular moves and move along. Zero downtime, plenty of damage for mob grinding.

  6. #6
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    I guess there's no reason to fight the urge -- redid the build a little.

    Sin/RS/NB

    Taking NB 0pt for sidesteps, may switch that.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    I guess there's no reason to fight the urge -- redid the build a little.

    Sin/RS/NB

    Taking NB 0pt for sidesteps, may switch that.

    NB doesnt get side steps. Thats BD.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I'm kind of wondering why you wouldnt go with the 15% Dex from Nimble Fingers with Sab 5/5 Ambidextrous. That extra Dex would help out a ton. Especially at higher levels.
    Last edited by Thadan; 03-03-2011 at 11:45 AM.

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thadan View Post
    I'm kind of wondering why you wouldnt go with the 15% Dex from Nimble Fingers with Sab 5/5 Ambidextrous. That extra Dex would help out a ton. Especially at higher levels.
    Ya, later on when more points available that would def be preferable. This is more of a leveling build and the sin tree is already riddled with points I'd like to spend in it and cant yet (the increased poison procs, imp stealth, etc)

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I'm currently leveling with Sin/RS/BD and I'm really enjoying it. The steath with improvements and slip away pretty means I can skip a lot of mobs and get away from situations that would otherwise kill me.. The sap ability (whatever it's called) is almost OP... The healing and extra DPS from Riftstalker is a must have.. and I took bladedancer for the 50% dodge buff when things really get bad.

    There is no downtime at all unless I pull more than I can handle and if you weave your attacks properly, mobs get totally PLOWED by dots and you can pretty much just build your combo points from there for the nice fat heal when the mob dies.

    You need level 33 to get the most out of this, but then again at lower levels you could skip the top tier stuff of assassin and not really be gimped. Slip away is nice, but not a must have.

    I have another build that is Dancer/RS/Sin.. It's also nice, but I really miss the improved stealth when playing this one. Combo-point wise this one is faster though, so you end up with more DPS and also a much better ability to tackle 4+ mobs with all the avoidance from BD... The 31 pt BD talent is brutal when you get too much attention, it literally drops whatever mobs are close to you by the time it's over and if not, they'll only have a sliver left.

    I currently have 36SIN/16RS/0BD and it's very very nice.

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthrakis View Post
    I'm currently leveling with Sin/RS/BD and I'm really enjoying it. The steath with improvements and slip away pretty means I can skip a lot of mobs and get away from situations that would otherwise kill me.. The sap ability (whatever it's called) is almost OP... The healing and extra DPS from Riftstalker is a must have.. and I took bladedancer for the 50% dodge buff when things really get bad.

    There is no downtime at all unless I pull more than I can handle and if you weave your attacks properly, mobs get totally PLOWED by dots and you can pretty much just build your combo points from there for the nice fat heal when the mob dies.

    You need level 33 to get the most out of this, but then again at lower levels you could skip the top tier stuff of assassin and not really be gimped. Slip away is nice, but not a must have.

    I have another build that is Dancer/RS/Sin.. It's also nice, but I really miss the improved stealth when playing this one. Combo-point wise this one is faster though, so you end up with more DPS and also a much better ability to tackle 4+ mobs with all the avoidance from BD... The 31 pt BD talent is brutal when you get too much attention, it literally drops whatever mobs are close to you by the time it's over and if not, they'll only have a sliver left.

    I currently have 36SIN/16RS/0BD and it's very very nice.
    Thanks for the info. I'm currently 39 and running a bladedancer heavy build with the riftstalker heal and I LOVE the playstyle, just lookin for a little change of pace and to give sin a try to try to gauge its pvp viability But you're right, as a blade dancer, i routinely pull 3-4 mobs and between imp false blade + passive avoidance + guarded strike + rift disturbance (very underrated imo) -- they don't even scratch me, and what they do is easily healed with every mob that drops, good times.

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Man, after a night of sin, I can't fathom why people would use it over bladedancer for your everyday pve/questing. The damage is a 'drip' better, I didn't parse it, at the cost of 1 defensive cooldown, no aoe, and generally taking much more damage. Fun change of pace, but if you're using sin thinking its the end-all be-all for general leveling :x

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Thoughts on this?

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....VhbIzo.VotoMo

    Only thing that has put me off RS so far i the falling through the world bug, but I'm willing to try this.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander Shreder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    45

    Default

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...doboddR.VG0cba

    This is the build I am currently using @ 39. It is absolutely amazing. This is one of the most durable rogue builds I have played. You can take on crazy uneven numbers and walk out the victor. I can solo elites with 10k health.

    Get yourself a dmg + heal proc Greater Planar Essence, use Leeching and Lethal Poison, mix in Enduring Brew when needed. This build is crazy because having Stalker Phase + Ruthless Stalker makes your damage output ridiculous. On top of that Rifstalker gives you some AoE ability, and the phase shifts are great for getting around.
    Last edited by Shreder; 03-04-2011 at 08:32 AM.

  15. #15
    Champion Siveon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Getting Poison Potency and not getting Poison Mastery is a mistake specially if you want 0 downtime it will give you the extra heals with leeching poison procs plus extra damage with Virulent Poison which with both Poison Potency and Poison Mastery is better then Lethal poison specially for solo play.

    Enduring brew is horrible, i did the math in Excell and its not worth it, just by having Leeching poison i heal my self much more then using the occasional brew.
    Last edited by Siveon; 03-04-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    * LAG is when you get latency related problems. (such as teleporting)
    * Low FPS(Frames Per Second) is when the game starts to stutter and it looks like pictures instead of fluid movement.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts