+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can someone help me play my class better?

Champion of Telara

Default Can someone help me play my class better?

I am really trying hard to make this work but for the life of me I am about to give up and just play a cleric like 60% of the population.
    My current build is MM21/RGN8/Sin0
    <a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MfNM.x0x0V0Vo.VMo">Marksman (21) / Ranger (8) / Assassin (0)</a>

In warfronts I get taken out in about 6 seconds. No I donít go rushing into a group of 3+ dudes either. I try to stay back or move to a flank but it doesnít matter. Once a mele locks on to me I am dead in no time. Even vs other same level rogue types. I just end up getting incapacitated then beat down.

The real kicker is I am fine with that ďIFĒ I was able to take out people at range but I can unload a full 5 Quick/Swift shots into someone then blow a Deadeye into them and maybe if I am lucky do ľ of their life.
    As everyone knows PvP is really fast and if you donít take out your target in 6 seconds or less your more or less dead but as it is right now a MM/Rng just cant put out that kind of burst. They both seem to rely on bleeds/DOT which makes them useless in PVP.

On the PVE side of things using the same build now that I am in my 20s, if I get any kind of add on me I am dead. My pet cant tank 3 guys any more and I cant kill them fast enough yet I see warriors and cleric both tanking 3-5 mobs 1-2 levels higher than them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    I am really trying hard to make this work but for the life of me I am about to give up and just play a cleric like 60% of the population.
    My current build is MM21/RGN8/Sin0
    <a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MfNM.x0x0V0Vo.VMo">Marksman (21) / Ranger (8) / Assassin (0)</a>

In warfronts I get taken out in about 6 seconds. No I donít go rushing into a group of 3+ dudes either. I try to stay back or move to a flank but it doesnít matter. Once a mele locks on to me I am dead in no time. Even vs other same level rogue types. I just end up getting incapacitated then beat down.

The real kicker is I am fine with that ďIFĒ I was able to take out people at range but I can unload a full 5 Quick/Swift shots into someone then blow a Deadeye into them and maybe if I am lucky do ľ of their life.
    As everyone knows PvP is really fast and if you donít take out your target in 6 seconds or less your more or less dead but as it is right now a MM/Rng just cant put out that kind of burst. They both seem to rely on bleeds/DOT which makes them useless in PVP.

On the PVE side of things using the same build now that I am in my 20s, if I get any kind of add on me I am dead. My pet cant tank 3 guys any more and I cant kill them fast enough yet I see warriors and cleric both tanking 3-5 mobs 1-2 levels higher than them all the time.
    I can't tell you much but I will say take the points out of Master Archer and pick up talents like repelling shot, on the double, imp on the double, static shot (if someone doesn't break it for you). Hasty departure and imp swift shot are decent.

To be honest, I can't believe you left points out of any of those utilities.

He's right. You've built a glass cannon and you're going to get smashed. At the very least, I'd pick up On the Double and Getaway. Those two points can make a tremendous difference in your survivability, especially if you can couple it with Static Shot.

Also, the zero-point Assassin is nice for the extra Poison blade enchantment, but you may want to consider using Sab instead. The zero-point AoE snare is just awesome. If melee gets too close, you drop the snare around yourself and hit On the Double to get out of there. Before you know it, you've given yourself 20-30 meters to get off a couple of shots or to get back to your healers' range for some assistance.

Finally, if you have a point to spare on it, Close Quarters Combat is helpful. Coupled with Hit and Run, it allows you to drop some nice damage down on a melee if they get too close and you find yourself rooted or snared.

+ Reply to Thread