+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sabs are fine ... i realy liked the mechanics

Default Sabs are fine ... i realy liked the mechanics

Ok, im not a troll Oo

i know that will be a lot of ******ed ppl that will flame here but i don't care

well. i'm a mage and will keep playing a mage, but, i would like to have a rogue as an alt.

I just wanted to know, from rogues, what is the kind of build (sab focused) and suport souls that they use.
    Anyone?

Anyway, charge can easily be cleansed and sabs can be stuned cc kited before the rebuild of charges. If u can't clear it and don't have someone to help u, cya =) or run or, u can dps-rush and see what happen.

Anyway, only noob sabs will keep spaming 111111-21111111-2
    I saw a LOT of sabs with SKills, that can actualy spread the charges, to spike/control in an efficient mode.

If someone had any points or theorycrafting about the skill usage, feel free to post

Soulwalker

The sab has a lot of useful abilities to control and assist a group, but the problem is that you don't need to. You can do the "11112" and just blow anyone up anyways.While questing, i 1 shot quest mobs 2 levels higher. In warfronts,I 2 shot anyone if they don't get healed.
    The class is designed for the sudden burst, but some sort of change needs to be made to the mechanic right now, because its vastly more powerful than any other rogue class. There is no reason to play anything other than saboteurs and bards in a warfront.

The only thing stopping many people from playing sab, is they actually enjoy being an assassin, or ranger,marksman, and so on. Once you take the sab soul, no reason to use other souls abilities, they can't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalker View Post
    but the problem is that you don't need to. You can do the "11112" and just blow anyone up anyways.W
    for some of the baddies out there yes, but soon, with more lvls i think that is going to change. Sabs as i saw can be very "versatily"(don't know the word exactly) but i don't know how-kinda

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalker View Post
    The sab has a lot of useful abilities to control and assist a group, but the problem is that you don't need to. You can do the "11112" and just blow anyone up anyways.While questing, i 1 shot quest mobs 2 levels higher. In warfronts,I 2 shot anyone if they don't get healed.
    The class is designed for the sudden burst, but some sort of change needs to be made to the mechanic right now, because its vastly more powerful than any other rogue class. There is no reason to play anything other than saboteurs and bards in a warfront.

The only thing stopping many people from playing sab, is they actually enjoy being an assassin, or ranger,marksman, and so on. Once you take the sab soul, no reason to use other souls abilities, they can't compare.
    If you're one-shotting mobs in Iron Pine Peak, you're either lying, or you're hacking.

End-game Saboteur is a helluva lot of fun, but you can't compare to warrior dps. You have to start using your charges to increase their damage, in other words, be a support class with good dps.
    Last edited by Brizyrr; 03-03-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizyrr View Post
    End-game Saboteur is a helluva lot of fun, but you can't compare to warrior dps. You have to start using your charges to increase their damage, in other words, be a support class with good dps.
    thats something that i was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by RamasSokehur View Post
    thats something that i was looking for
    Or while the tank has a bunch of mobs on him, act as a support dps and turn on carpet bomb- then following up with three volleys of fully-loaded annihilation bombs. It stuns all the mobs for two seconds, so if the healer is having to work hard, he gets a momentary break to catch up on the healing.Or if you've got an organized group, use entangling trap and have everyone back off. That'll root the mobs so you can heal up, and no reset will happen.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xkkRz.Vzxc0q0M
    just for fun

main ability is Last Stand

RS taked just for survival and planar shifting to the enemy zerg in Stalker Phase that gives +15% to all outcomming damage and crit buff.
    so i wonder it'll be something like that...Time bomb> 4 Blast + 1 Stun Charge> Annihilation bomb> Carping bombing> Annihilation bomb x3 no cd> Shadow assult(+15% outcome dmg and +15% crit)> Detonate> and Last Stand!!!

but in my oppinion it'll be very hard to implement...

Quote Originally Posted by Instalator View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xkkRz.Vzxc0q0M
    just for fun

main ability is Last Stand

RS taked just for survival and planar shifting to the enemy zerg in Stalker Phase that gives +15% to all outcomming damage and crit buff.
    so i wonder it'll be something like that...Time bomb> 4 Blast + 1 Stun Charge> Annihilation bomb> Carping bombing> Annihilation bomb x3 no cd> Shadow assult(+15% outcome dmg and +15% crit)> Detonate> and Last Stand!!!

but in my oppinion it'll be very hard to implement...
    Last Stand was a real let down. I took the literal meaning of the tooltip and applied charges to everything, and Last Stand doesn't explode them. =/ It doesn't detonate anything.

So instead I followed the meaning of the name. Literally it's like if you're on your last legs and this mob is almost done, blow them up and yourself. It doesn't do a whole lot of damage, compared to a loaded annihilation bomb. =(
    Last edited by Brizyrr; 03-03-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Literally it's like if you're on your last legs and this mob is almost done
    i ment PvP not PvE.
    this is suicide build...or if sab is under warriors guard and focus heal in premade party rushing through enemys lines.
    i have more "if" then "then"

Quote Originally Posted by Instalator View Post
    i ment PvP not PvE.
    this is suicide build...or if sab is under warriors guard and focus heal in premade party rushing through enemys lines.
    i have more "if" then "then"
    It was still a let down. T_T

I was going to just throw five charges on everything, then use Last Stand and blow everyone up including myself. :3

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Brizyrr View Post
    If you're one-shotting mobs in Iron Pine Peak, you're either lying, or you're hacking.

I'm not in that area, i'm only level 32. I can basically 1 shot a level 34 mob. I'm sure it changes later on, but I think most of the issues with Sabs is proper damage to level ratios. Its extremely powerful at lower levels and scales better at high levels, from what i hear.

+ Reply to Thread