+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVE Easy Leveling Build (1-50)

Shadowlander

Default PVE Easy Leveling Build (1-50)

I am 50 right now...if I didn't have to go to work on Monday I probably would have done it in 4 days...here's what I learned. (And before you kill me with the sit back and enjoy the game...I did that in beta I want to see the new stuff. Also I slept quite a bit so leveling this fast is really not that hard.) If you want to solo level here is a good way to go.

Start off with Ranger/Bard/Assassin

Basically put 10 points into bard to get the cadence heal and the armor plus which then gives you the motifs for crit and attack power. (use these between mob kills, buffs last 30 seconds with build shown below)

Everything else pour into your Ranger. Don't worry about getting more health or receiving less damage just go straight for damage and dots. Your third soul I would say get assassin because of the poison enchant you can get. (You won't be putting many points into the Assassin Tree) (Oh, just use the razorbeast the wolf and raptor aren't tanks at all and can't hold threat)

Once you get up to 40ish and most of your points are sunk into ranger and there isn't much left to get, I then switched over to Mark/Ranger/Bard.

Basically the idea is to power up your pet, use its heal and the bard heal to keep your pet up when tanking 3-4 mobs (most of the time you won't have to do this but when you do its great). When you do pull more than 3 mobs, simply use cadence on your target twice to get full stacks and then do a headshot. This will heal your pet, enrage your pet. Just repeat until everything dies. Note you need to cast your heal pet ability as well. I normally did 2 rotations of damage then the heal spell.

This is strictly a solo build made for questing. I have changed over to Ranger/Mark/Assassin for PVE at 50.

Here's what mine looked like before I switched to Mark/Ranger/Bard at 47 for the final 3 levels. Just use all the buffs you have, poisons and motiffs and things will die fast and your pet will be able to tank almost anything you will run into.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ekskVz.Vcz.0AM Ranger (42) / Bard (9) / Assassin (10)

Thanks for the post man! Will be sure to try this out soon.

I prefer full bard with at least 8 points in nightblade (get 13 when you can) and saboteur for adhesive bomb.

Works like a charm, you can easily solo most of the stuff and sneak around, the damage output is pretty good as well and people will love you during rifts.

Oh and its also a very solid pvp build so you don't have to worry about getting ganked on a pve build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EIdqiqskqz.Vhx
    Last edited by Terpsichore; 03-03-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Soulwalker

Seems pretty solid, I leveled (43 now) as Bard/NB/RS mainly because I didnt know that assassin poisons works with ranged weapons. Can someone enlight me here?

nice build, grats on 50 btw.

so help me understand, i have been toying with the bard im still not sure how it works, i have to put at least. 12 pts in to get the moteif of regen.. thats the only healing spell? besides buffs.. i dont understand. using cadiance to heal?

can you educate me on that please.. thanks. i would like to use/understand the bard more in rift.
    Drive it like u stole it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrawler View Post
    Seems pretty solid, I leveled (43 now) as Bard/NB/RS mainly because I didnt know that assassin poisons works with ranged weapons. Can someone enlight me here?
    yes poisons work with range.
    Drive it like u stole it

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wigett View Post
    nice build, grats on 50 btw.

so help me understand, i have been toying with the bard im still not sure how it works, i have to put at least. 12 pts in to get the moteif of regen.. thats the only healing spell? besides buffs.. i dont understand. using cadiance to heal?

can you educate me on that please.. thanks. i would like to use/understand the bard more in rift.
    Theres a 3 point talent that heals you group for the same amount of damage cadence deals (Invigorated Soul)

On a side note, any soul point that increases your non physical damage, or AP or DEX, will also burst you cadence damage, making you heal for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrawler View Post
    Theres a 3 point talent that heals you group for the same amount of damage cadence deals (Invigorated Soul)

On a side note, any soul point that increases your non physical damage, or AP or DEX, will also burst you cadence damage, making you heal for more.
    thanks, so use the bard skill to create combo points instead of dps, then use a ranged finisher to dps, but also heals. very nice
    Last edited by Wigett; 03-03-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Drive it like u stole it

Shadowlander

Yup. I went for Bard points first just because the heal is so good even at low lvls.

nice, i was also going to give this build a try..

anyone got anythoughts? http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ksk.E00o.V0xMh

its just to lvl 40, but seems fun. .
    Drive it like u stole it

RIFT Guide Writer

I would at least advise dropping something, maybe 1 point of Exposure, to get Crippling Shot.

Just no replacement for good snare imo

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    I would at least advise dropping something, maybe 1 point of Exposure, to get Crippling Shot.

Just no replacement for good snare imo
    Yes, i keep debating that, i have done some PvP, and its nice on mobs, i had it up thru 20's, but droped it around 25ish cause i never used it.. and have not sense, but there is always that time when i wish i had it. lol and its only 1 pt.. thanks.
    Drive it like u stole it

Shadowlander

What are you going for? My thing is the whole point to having a pet is to not tank anything, so I am a bit confused by the riftstalker and nightblade? Seems like a pretty heavy melee build and a ranged build mixed. Just wondering what you are going for and your reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindari View Post
    What are you going for? My thing is the whole point to having a pet is to not tank anything, so I am a bit confused by the riftstalker and nightblade? Seems like a pretty heavy melee build and a ranged build mixed. Just wondering what you are going for and your reasoning.
    well, many of those points i have are DPS bumps... some are not,

I use some in the stalker build incase i have to melee.. the AP will boost my range damage, the endurance buffs.. never hurts to have health.

on the Niteblade, all of that stuff boosts dps.. no matter melee or range.. so.. just because its a melee soul does not mean it cant benift range.. ;)
    Last edited by Wigett; 03-03-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    Drive it like u stole it

Shadowlander

well, many of those points i have are DPS bumps... some are not, i use some inthe stalker build incase i have to melee.. the AP will boost my range damage, the endurance buffs.. never hurts to have health. on the Niteblade, most of that stuff boosts dps.. no matter melee or range..
    Ok. Before you do this I would try out a bard. You can literally stand there and spam cadence on the target and then quickly hop backwards and hit headshot to do damage then spam cadence again and kill regular mobs 1v1 and sometimes 1v2. You really don't need more health. There is a talent where you can insta call your pet if **** goes really wrong but I think you are having to take too many tanking type skills for not much upside. Give the bard a try before you go heavy tanking/melee. Personally I think the damage bumps you are getting aren't as good as the others in Bard and Assassin tree's. (Side note a guildy pumped her talents into the stam talents and was not liking the ranger until she tried my spec, just an fyi) Its all in what you enjoy playing though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast