+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealth

Telaran

Default Stealth

Reading some posts, it seems that Assassins get a stealth that doesn't have a time limit. As I haven't tried Assassin yet (night blade), is that the case? Figured I'd ask during shutdown since I won't be able to check, and I can look into modifying my build while it's down.

Soulwalker

I believe if you put 20 points in Assassin you get a Stealth toggle with no apparent cooldown. Not certain on the cooldown thing.
    I hate warriors, too narrow-minded. I'll tell you what I do like though: a killer, a dyed-in-the-wool killer. Cold blooded, clean, mythodical and thorough. Now a real killer, when he picked up the ZF-1, would've immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun

Rift Chaser

Yes. You can get Improved Stealth with 21 points in the soul.

Telaran

Hmm, that's alot of points to invest. I've been leveling Nightblade/Riftstalker/Bladedancer. I use stealth all the time but have had a couple issues with stealth duration expiring. Was hoping to maybe just switch out Riftstalker for assasin and get it, but that's a hefty investment, and trying to stat out Assassin/Nightblade/Bladedancer seems to have too much overlap that can't be used together (weapon poisons vs. weapon enchants, duplicate abilities with too similar effects, stealth incapacitates). Might just be me though.

Might be worth trying Assassin/Riftstalker/Bladedancer, but I just prefer the theme of Nightblade. Darn Trion for making me choose just for no duration stealth!

Rift Disciple

Nightblade / assassin synergize extremely well together, much better than nightblade / blademaster or nightblde / riftstalker. Most melee rogues dump 17 points in assassin at minimum for the crit utility. 4 more isn't a huge deal.

Having and using 2 saps is pro. Dungeon groups will love you. Plus while you're on the way up you can increase stealth speed by 30% and increase stealth detection difficulty by 30% with 2 talent points, which is just utterly fantastic.

Finally, 21 also isn't that much. My final assassin build has 26 points in riftstalker. Heavy secondary investment is worth it for solid utility over questionably useful 38, 40, 44 and 51 point abilities requiring investment in suboptimal talents.

+ Reply to Thread