+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur - Charge Booster Not Working? Results

Soulwalker

Default Saboteur - Charge Booster Not Working? Results

Hello, So I've been playing on my sabo, alot during PvP and some w/ PvE but one thing I've noticed is that charge booster does nothing, and I have done a few test and results are the same
    I've specifically used Concussion charge because each charge is 1s of stun, I did a few test as the Charge Booster description is pretty vague

1. Used 2 Concussion charges to check for a possible 4 second stun
    Results: 2 Second stun, no stack per charge
    2. Used 4 Concussion charges to check for a +1 to the charges currently on target
    Results: 4 second stun, no +1 on your maximum charge
    3. Watched damage on target w/ 4 & 5 charges
    Results: 5 charges did more damage then 4 charge every time, no indication of +4 or +1 to the charge amount for damage
    ***Note*** I do not have the numbers copied done, but I know that the 5 charge was doing more then the 4, Obviously damage can be mitigated and lowered so possibility of third test being flawed, my biggest resource for these test is the stun from concussion charge.

Anyone who could post if they are having similar results or found some other way that charge booster works please post. Thank you everyone for your support and have fun on rift

- Elendilmir - Rogue - KeenBlade
    - Elendien - Warrior - KeenBlade

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Elendilmir View Post
    Hello, So I've been playing on my sabo, alot during PvP and some w/ PvE but one thing I've noticed is that charge booster does nothing, and I have done a few test and results are the same
    I've specifically used Concussion charge because each charge is 1s of stun, I did a few test as the Charge Booster description is pretty vague

1. Used 2 Concussion charges to check for a possible 4 second stun
    Results: 2 Second stun, no stack per charge
    2. Used 4 Concussion charges to check for a +1 to the charges currently on target
    Results: 4 second stun, no +1 on your maximum charge
    3. Watched damage on target w/ 4 & 5 charges
    Results: 5 charges did more damage then 4 charge every time, no indication of +4 or +1 to the charge amount for damage
    ***Note*** I do not have the numbers copied done, but I know that the 5 charge was doing more then the 4, Obviously damage can be mitigated and lowered so possibility of third test being flawed, my biggest resource for these test is the stun from concussion charge.

Anyone who could post if they are having similar results or found some other way that charge booster works please post. Thank you everyone for your support and have fun on rift

- Elendilmir - Rogue - KeenBlade
    - Elendien - Warrior - KeenBlade
    Concussion Charges indeed do not work with booster. It's been like that since AT LEAST OB (when I first started playing). I'm assuming working as intended as I've never gotten a response from support.

As far as dmg charges go (blast, shrapnel etc.), as of last night they still work. I was doing number crunching for another thread and everything checked out.
    Last edited by XFracture; 03-03-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    Concussion Charges indeed do not work with booster. It's been like that since AT LEAST OB (when I first started playing). I'm assuming working as intended as I've never gotten a response from support.

As far as dmg charges go (blast, shrapnel etc.), as of last night they still work. I was doing number crunching for another thread and everything checked out.
    Now was this working w/ +1 charge to each or +1 total, and does it cap at 5, secondly same thing on my side, how exactly are you checking numbers per charge please elaborate Thank you

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Elendilmir View Post
    Now was this working w/ +1 charge to each or +1 total, and does it cap at 5, secondly same thing on my side, how exactly are you checking numbers per charge please elaborate Thank you
    I'm posting on my cell so I'm not getting into detail but its +1 charge to each stack and no one stack will ever exceed 5 charges.

As far as damage, its easy. Follow your tool tips. For instance, lvl 48 blast charge does 102-106 dmg + wpn dmg. If your wpn dmg is 100-100 then you should be doing 202-206 dmg per charge or 1010-1030 dmg/full stack. This is all ball park and will obviously vary from wpn lvl to wpn lvl.

You also have to factor in % modifiers of talents and equipment. It's a lot more then just eyeballing your dmg and saying, yeah it doesn't work.
    Last edited by XFracture; 03-03-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Rift Disciple

Ack! So, you cannot get a 6-stack of blast charges w/ charge booster? I assumed you *could* do that, even if it would nearly always be optimal to utilize different types of charges...

Not totally sure on this one. The game constantly rounds a lot of things, my assumption is that when the stun tooltip says 1s right after detonate, it's because it's not 2.0, so it is rounded down to 1, even if it is 1.9s left.

Also running around in moonshade highlands, there are lvl 39 mobs that for some reason have half the hp that regular mobs do. 5 blast charges will do ~1200 to them, 4 blast charges results in ~900. Was looking through combat log a couple of times, but in retrospect I wasn't calculating for the extra damage due to the combo point on detonate. I guess I can redo that testing, but I quickly got tired of it since I never stack more than 1 blast charge on a target anyways lol.
    Last edited by Mellikor; 03-03-2011 at 10:21 AM.

I'm totally sure that booster works like its described in the tooltip.
    was testing yesterday on stun and armor debuff charges(don't remember the names)

so if you stack 1 stun charge you have 2 sec stun(and i saw that on the debuff icon ingame, was wroten "2 sec"), if you stack 5, you got 6 sec stun on the enemy
    and from 1 armor debuff charge you got double effect.
    if you have 1 blast + 1 stun, in the output you got damage from 2 blast + 2 sec stun...all this don't affect on Detonate, no matter have you booster or not.

so thats mechanics dose booster works...dono about dmg, i'll test it in near future.

maybe sorry for my englesh, it's not my native lang

Soulwalker

So let me get this one straight.

If you put 5 diffrent types of charges on the target, do you get damage as if you had 10 charges on the target, yes no?

If you put 4 diffrent types of charges on the target, do you get damage as if you had 9 charges on the target?

If you put 3 diffrent types of charges on the target, do you get damage as if you had 8 charges on the target?

If you put 2 diffrent types of charges on the target, do you get damage as if you had 7 charges on the target?

If you put the same type of charge on the target, do you get damage as if you had 6 charges on the target?

Your still limited to the 5 charges on the target, but the damage would be considerable higher yes?

Am I understanding it correctly, cause then it opens open a world of hurt.

Rift Disciple

Charge booster does work with damage charges. I know this simply because 5 different charges always does more damage for me than 5 blast charges, and thats not possible if it didn't work since blast charge does the most damage.

I am also pretty sure that you do get the damage of 6 charges when stacking a single charge to 5.

Soulwalker

Default charge booster

Charge booster definitely does go to 6 charges, If you want to prove it yourself, use caltrop charge up to 5 stack and detonate, you'll get a 60% slow tooltip on the target. I tested this last night so unless anything changed between the last night of headstart and today, it should be the same.

If you put 1 blast charge,
    1 shrapnel,
    1 spike charge
    1 caltrop
    1 splinter

and detonate..

You are supposed to get the increased Damage of
    2 BC
    2Shrapnel
    2Caltrop
    2splinter.

I think for pure damage it's just better to stack blast charges and detonate imho.

Quote Originally Posted by gcaliber View Post
    Charge booster does work with damage charges. I know this simply because 5 different charges always does more damage for me than 5 blast charges, and thats not possible if it didn't work since blast charge does the most damage.

I am also pretty sure that you do get the damage of 6 charges when stacking a single charge to 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskillppl View Post
    Charge booster definitely does go to 6 charges, If you want to prove it yourself, use caltrop charge up to 5 stack and detonate, you'll get a 60% slow tooltip on the target. I tested this last night so unless anything changed between the last night of headstart and today, it should be the same.
    I, too, have found these to be true.

+ Reply to Thread