+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger Pew Pew

Default Ranger Pew Pew

So after hitting 40 last night I spent most using a Rng/SIN/NiteBlade build which did fine, until i tried this new build at 40 , and i must say I am enjoying it. i seem to kill things just as fast if not faster.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VMcbuxoRo.V0xM
    or
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bue.V0xMb.VV0V

One thing i notice is misses. so the blade dancer brings extra Hit and Dex and damage of auto attacks. the hellfire weapon buff on the NB is a flat damage, not a dot like the sins posion, so its hard to see it working, on the sin i could see the dots stacking, but they are small. anyway..

comments, suggestions.

I am still trying to test it, but it seems to do well.

this is what got me to 40. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0AM0x0b.V0x0b
    i still like it, does good damage.
    Last edited by Wigett; 03-03-2011 at 05:58 AM.
    Drive it like u stole it

Does Blade Finesse work with ranged autoattacks?

Quote Originally Posted by XodoK View Post
    I dont know ? im still looking over damage logs, its hard to tell.

if anyone else has this info please post it would be good to know.
    Drive it like u stole it

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by XodoK View Post
    Does it matter? Autoattacks are such a small portion of our damage, particularly for ranged rogues since you aren't autoattacking while moving outside of the 15 seconds from Hit and Run.

A waste of 5 points IMO.

I'm not sure you're really getting as much out of the points beyond the first 5 in Bladedancer as you could by putting them elsewhere.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Absalon View Post
    Does it matter? Autoattacks are such a small portion of our damage, particularly for ranged rogues since you aren't autoattacking while moving outside of the 15 seconds from Hit and Run.

A waste of 5 points IMO.
    yes, i totally understand. just wondering why im still killing same mobs at same rate, ?

im just trying different souls. i like the MM but , i played with that, and i seem to get eaten up alive ? im not sure why. so i just stuck with ranger, assissin and niteblade which seem to do pretty good. the posions on the sin seem to help, and they have some other nice damage buffs.
    Drive it like u stole it

Pun
    Soulwalker

It's a good build, but if you're on a pvp server, i realy recommend resetting your souls, because your not able to get the diffuse skill anymore, which is a PvP lifesaver..

Soulwalker

i like your first build, Widgett.. similar to what I'm working towards (currently lvl 31), few comments/questions

1) Have you compared trick shot v rain of arrows?

2) Improved quick shot - im starting to question the value of these 3 points, since each quick shot is relatively small dmg, the bleed is only 30% of dmg, it takes 6 seconds to realize that dmg, and the bleed doesnt stack. So say quick shot hits for 100, 3 talent points gives you +5 dmg/sec. Fairly lackluster...

3) Blood rage - did you skip this b/c boar dps is so low in the first place, 15% of a small amount isn't worth investing in?

4) Blade finesse - i saw a guildie make mention of this, he said he never gets an auto-attack off, but looking at my own combat logs my auto-attack goes off consistently. I mostly use instants while questing, but that should be irrelevant. Again, I need to parse my combat logs to see how much %/total auto attack damage is, to see if its worth putting points into. This talent should have good synergy with Doubleshot, unless that talent proc is considered a special?

Quote Originally Posted by Diemos01 View Post
    i like your first build, Widgett.. similar to what I'm working towards (currently lvl 31), few comments/questions

1) Have you compared trick shot v rain of arrows?

2) Improved quick shot - im starting to question the value of these 3 points, since each quick shot is relatively small dmg, the bleed is only 30% of dmg, it takes 6 seconds to realize that dmg, and the bleed doesnt stack. So say quick shot hits for 100, 3 talent points gives you +5 dmg/sec. Fairly lackluster...

3) Blood rage - did you skip this b/c boar dps is so low in the first place, 15% of a small amount isn't worth investing in?

4) Blade finesse - i saw a guildie make mention of this, he said he never gets an auto-attack off, but looking at my own combat logs my auto-attack goes off consistently. I mostly use instants while questing, but that should be irrelevant. Again, I need to parse my combat logs to see how much %/total auto attack damage is, to see if its worth putting points into. This talent should have good synergy with Doubleshot, unless that talent proc is considered a special?
    Well trick i use for combo pt building. Rain is nice aoe , sounds like a machinegun lol it can affect a ton.. TON of mobs and u can die really fast if 4 of them decide to beat on you.. dont use in a rift (no one heals) but its nice to clear out trash in dungeon runs. i prefer trick for the combo building .. and spamming head shot. 2+ 3 pts. i tend to build up my first head for 3 or more then just spam it , using the bard im thinking that using cadiance will be a nice boost.

but i still have some playing to do when i get home..

nice comments.. lots to think about..

thats what i love about this game, so many souls, so many ways to play.. all can work. lol
    Drive it like u stole it

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Wigett View Post
    Well trick i use for combo pt building. Rain is nice aoe , sounds like a machinegun lol it can affect a ton.. TON of mobs and u can die really fast if 4 of them decide to beat on you.. dont use in a rift (no one heals) but its nice to clear out trash in dungeon runs. i prefer trick for the combo building .. and spamming head shot. 2+ 3 pts. i tend to build up my first head for 3 or more then just spam it , using the bard im thinking that using cadiance will be a nice boost.

but i still have some playing to do when i get home..

nice comments.. lots to think about..

thats what i love about this game, so many souls, so many ways to play.. all can work. lol
    On the contrary I can solo rifts and get to the elite mob boss just because of trick shot and rain of arrows. You can down 3-4 mobs insanley fast the aoe dmg of rain is godly just carry potions just incase.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinth View Post
    On the contrary I can solo rifts and get to the elite mob boss just because of trick shot and rain of arrows. You can down 3-4 mobs insanley fast the aoe dmg of rain is godly just carry potions just incase.
    Hmm, well the big ones, where ur pushing 12fps cause theres a large invasion or lots of mobs. as long as they are around your level, toss elites in and, u must be just wearing uber undies. cause my rain of arrows wont drop elites that fast..
    Drive it like u stole it

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Wigett View Post
    Hmm, well the big ones, where ur pushing 12fps cause theres a large invasion or lots of mobs. as long as they are around your level, toss elites in and, u must be just wearing uber undies. cause my rain of arrows wont drop elites that fast..
    Im not talking about major invasions. I can solo minor invasions they are normal mobs till u get to the bonus boss stage he is elite. and my fps is always 60+

+ Reply to Thread