+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged attacks seem to miss a lot of the time.

Default Ranged attacks seem to miss a lot of the time.

My build is Ranger/Bard/Riftstalker.

Ranged attacks seem to miss very often, sometimes I think mobs go down faster using the bard dps over my ranger attacks because of the miss rate.

How does one improve the hit rating for ranged attacks?

It seems that there is an overly high percentage for mobs to dodge/block ranged attacks, and a lot of the time they just downright miss.

This even happens on mobs that are multiple levels below mine.

I stack as much dex as possible with gear and runes but nothing I do seems to help so far. What's the secret?
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aliah View Post
    My build is Ranger/Bard/Riftstalker.

Ranged attacks seem to miss very often, sometimes I think mobs go down faster using the bard dps over my ranger attacks because of the miss rate.

How does one improve the hit rating for ranged attacks?

It seems that there is an overly high percentage for mobs to dodge/block ranged attacks, and a lot of the time they just downright miss.

This even happens on mobs that are multiple levels below mine.

I stack as much dex as possible with gear and runes but nothing I do seems to help so far. What's the secret?
    Dexterity won't help with Hit. There's basically three things you can do:
    1) Find gear with Hit rating. You probably don't find this while leveling; it tends to be available only on endgame gear (for some inane reason...)
    2) Take Bladedancer and put points into Combat Expertise
    3) Take Marksman and put points into Sharpshooter

These will only help against mobs that you Miss. If you are getting Dodge, Parry, and Block messages you can:
    1) Find gear with Focus rating. Again, this seems to be only available at endgame.
    2) Take Marksman and put points into Sniper Training

Also, I know you mentioned otherwise, but for the sake of completeness I'll mention that fighting mobs higher level than you will start to substantially increase the rate at which your attacks get avoided. Especially orange or red ones.
    Last edited by Lucubration; 03-03-2011 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucubration View Post
    Dexterity won't help with Hit. There's basically three things you can do:
    1) Find gear with Hit rating. You probably don't find this while leveling; it tends to be available only on endgame gear (for some inane reason...)
    2) Take Bladedancer and put points into Combat Expertise
    3) Take Marksman and put points into Sharpshooter

These will only help against mobs that you Miss. If you are getting Dodge, Parry, and Block messages you can:
    1) Find gear with Focus rating. Again, this seems to be only available at endgame.
    2) Take Marksman and put points into Sniper Training

Also, I know you mentioned otherwise, but for the sake of completeness I'll mention that fighting mobs higher level than you will start to substantially increase the rate at which your attacks get avoided. Especially orange or red ones.
    Okay, but I'd rather not have to use a soul I don't really want just to hit things with another soul I do want. This is unfortunate news to me. Looks like I need to more research on the various souls. Thanks for the information.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

+ Reply to Thread