+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dps for Nighblade mid 20's levels

Telaran

Default Dps for Nighblade mid 20's levels

Hi

Has anyone done any calculations on what DPS you are getting using NB?

Im level 24 at the moment and I think this is my build (im at work so just guessing, but its not far out)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MNic.m.qutRdoz.VM

My rotation is something like:-

Motif of Bravery
    Twilight Force (from distance)
    Fiery Spike (from distance as im running into melee range)
    Dusk Strike
    Primal Strike (now at close quarters)
    Finisher with Blazing Strike

Repeat with Primal Strike and Blazing if needs be, or Cadence to rack up a few Combo Points.

Now I was in a dungeon last night and then checked my stats. Blazing Strike seems to be giving me an average of 210 DPS but can sometime critically hit with over 300. Is that good for this level?

Ive also found recently that my Primal Strike (75 DPS) is doing far more damage that Fiery Strike (40DPS) so im tending to use less Fiery than I used too.

Are these good figures or could the tree/rotation be tweaked to give better output?

Soulwalker

I see different
    Open with Dark Malady from stealth
    Flame Spike on run in
    Dusk strike
    Flame strike for 2nd stack
    Blazing strike, adds the 3rd Blazing strike stack

The mob usually dies spamming primal strike to get 5 points up, but i've seen upwards of 700 Flametrike crits.

Flame Spike should only be used to stack its dot in melee range, so twice in your opening sequence. After that Blazing strike with Lingering flame talent will keep it rolling in sustained dps situations.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMiV.0c.bIbRbVRMo.Vz

My spec, fyi
    Last edited by Zymn; 03-03-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zymn View Post
    I see different
    Open with Dark Malady from stealth
    Flame Spike on run in
    Dusk strike
    Flame strike for 2nd stack
    Blazing strike, adds the 3rd Blazing strike stack

The mob usually dies spamming primal strike to get 5 points up, but i've seen upwards of 700 Flametrike crits.

Flame Spike should only be used to stack its dot in melee range, so twice in your opening sequence. After that Blazing strike with Lingering flame talent will keep it rolling in sustained dps situations.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMiV.0c.bIbRbVRMo.Vz

My spec, fyi
    Im confused with Flame Spike? Are you referring to Fiery Spike or Flame Thrust?

My tree (I'm level 25) used to look like yours, but I respecced recently and gave up some utility to get 5pts in Heat Retention. At 5pts, it basically adds a static 30% extra damage to your finishers, which will increase your damage greatly. I crit in the 600-750 range with Blazing strike. Mobs go down WAY faster now than they did, saving me almost an entire combo point rotation. Over the next few levels, I plan on re-adding some of those utility points such as the snare for the twilight force throw and Dark Containment (a very sneakily underrated skill).

For my subs, I use Sin for the +5 Crit bonus and BD for +hit, which helps out a lot when fighting mobs slightly higher level than me and especially in rifts/invasions where I am outlevelled by mobs.

I also use the quick strike and keen strike abilities from BD at melee range as CP builders. I have a planar essence that procs a small heal with physical damage attacks so I prioritize those over fiery spike when leveling to help reduce downtime.

Hope this helps!
    Terk - Expert Marksman - Eternal IRON (Belmont)
    Eikke - Justicar (L4x) - Eternal IRON (Belmont)

My Marksman can beat up your Pyro...
    Terk's Guide to Marksman PVP (Cloak and Arrow style)

Quote Originally Posted by Unit Five View Post
    I also use the quick strike and keen strike abilities from BD at melee range as CP builders. I have a planar essence that procs a small heal with physical damage attacks so I prioritize those over fiery spike when leveling to help reduce downtime.
    The underlined is why I do not put points into Primal death. My build at 31 looks something like this for my NB dps build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MiMV.ihtR0ogMoo.0V.V

when I get more points I will probably finish out linger flame and that will be it for my nightblade in the build.

my level 50 build is looking like this atm.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.0VMcx0b.VMdh

basically get base damage and crits up with Assassin. In bladedance I get a reactive attack off the gcd (reprisal), strike back for an autoattack and Deadly dance. I actually use Deadly strike as my melee finisher because even with Improved Blazing strike adding 10% to BS's crit chanc, Deadly strike does more damage on a more consistent basis. This in turn then lets me add almost 10% to the next 2 combo builders again going to more consistenly high dps.

Now this build of course has my "named fights are the most important" in mind. Trash comes to fast for Ebon fury to really effective, but popping that on the named really allows for a nice hard burn to get that cat down.

+ Reply to Thread