+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Right so as a Ranger, what do you do when your pet Dies?

Default Right so as a Ranger, what do you do when your pet Dies?

For me, normally if in a fight my pet dies....it's all over.

The mobs reach you at lightning pace...and that's all she wrote.

What do you guys do in those situations? My experience has been that in RIft you cannot outrun a mob. It just eventually reaches the end of its leach and turns back.

The massive debuff to movement and increase in damage means running without some escape ability is not an option.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by gel214th View Post

What do you guys do in those situations? My experience has been that in RIft you cannot outrun a mob. It just eventually reaches the end of its leach and turns back.

The massive debuff to movement and increase in damage means running without some escape ability is not an option.
    I pop hasten call.

depends on your other souls, and how you Melee unless your using the MM soul (I dropped it due to post B7 nerfs) you should have 2 other souls with pretty good Melee , so ..

learn those skills, .. u can always hit Hasten call if you have put the points in RNG to get it. but.. its on a 2m timmer, that gives u time to run, but me, i dont run often. so i dont use it..

at 38 i was soloing 41 lvl mobs, if i got an add, my pet just was not at the level to handle the damage, even if i pumped 5 pts into his health. so..

I use my Sin/NB skills to finish the 2nd mob when he came at me. now i did not live all the time, but I did most.

your pets going to die, it happens.. u need to learn to Melee , because your right, running is not really good in this game. some souls offer nice ports, like RS but in rifts unless you know someone your not going to be getting many heals, as most healers are spaming dps to up their cont. so they can get credit.

like i said , unless you have MM or have put 0 pts into the other souls, use them to help.

just my .02
    Last edited by Wigett; 03-03-2011 at 03:29 AM.
    Drive it like u stole it

Soulwalker

Generally, when I know it's gonna be really close, I throw out the heal to slow the demise and start running.

As an actual ranger (not just 0-4 point ranger), I have the option of instant casting a new pet. But that's usually my backup; I often just use my 0-point AoE snare from sab and run out.

hasten call?

Plane Touched

I ran with Rng/MM/Sab

Rng was where most points were, MM had the range increase talents and Sab was 0 pts for the AoE snare on a pretty short cooldown so it was up every time I needed it.

I had issues only when I had no where I actually COULD run (i.e. mobs behind me respawned) but in this case, no escape tool is going to help really.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    ==========
    Kink - 50 Warrior
    Gg - 3X Rogue
    Duke - Mage

Quote Originally Posted by gel214th View Post

my 2nd soul is Rift. i just melee down the mob using the armor buff strike and basic combo builder.
    never even come close to dying.
    ranged should always take a melee soul and spec atleast until your first combo spend ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I ran with Rng/MM/Sab

Rng was where most points were, MM had the range increase talents and Sab was 0 pts for the AoE snare on a pretty short cooldown so it was up every time I needed it.

I had issues only when I had no where I actually COULD run (i.e. mobs behind me respawned) but in this case, no escape tool is going to help really.
    Same as me, if my pet dies, i can slow down mobs long enough to run away (if needed).

Either way what i keep doing is healing my pet, at level 24 i have no problems with 2 or 3 mobs (same level) at the same time, as long as i keep healing my pet im ok.
    Last edited by fariaster; 03-03-2011 at 03:53 AM.

In beta I was MM/Rang/Sab. I just hit the slowing trap and sprint and beat feet away from there. 99% of the time this worked.

Now I'm Rang/Bard/Rift. I just cadence them to death and hit my heals, I don't have to run. This works most of the time also. It's pretty cool when you have 3 guys beating on you and you can just cadence them all to death one at a time and still end up with most of your HP intact.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliah View Post
    In beta I was MM/Rang/Sab. I just hit the slowing trap and sprint and beat feet away from there. 99% of the time this worked.

Now I'm Rang/Bard/Rift. I just cadence them to death and hit my heals, I don't have to run. This works most of the time also. It's pretty cool when you have 3 guys beating on you and you can just cadence them all to death one at a time and still end up with most of your HP intact.
    Aliah mind posting you build? i want to try that combo of souls, sounds really nice!

+ Reply to Thread