+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard's Greater Essences?

Telaran

Default Bard's Greater Essences?

Hi

Was just looking over some greater essences I could buy on our AH, and I'm not sure what to pick, or rather which one works with Bard abilities (Candence, Coda of Wrath/fury)

There's a couple level 22 stones, didn't check higher ones yet, but I assume they follow the pattern:

Combusted Flamesource: Damaging spells have a chance... [are the bard things classified as spells? They work with AP but are vulnerable to silence]
    Igniting Flamesource/Ominous Shadesource: Physical damaging abilities... [They do life damage]
    Mineralized Stonesource: Damaging abilities... [well ok this should work]
    Shrouded Shadesource: Healing spells... [does that apply to Candence with Invigorated Soul or Motif/Coda of Restoration?]

Theres one stone I'm sure will work, and all the others i'm not.
    Are they spells?
    Does "physical damaging abilities" mean "does damage of physical type" or does it mean "uses attack power instead of spellpower"?

I would like some advice on which greater essences to take, too.

Shield of Telara

I have a question for anyone that has tested those proc based essences. Is it useful having two identical ones? IE. Is the proc rate increased by duplication.

Shadowlander

I think those Essences are uniqe, was considering having two of those that deals death and heals for a certain ammount but it wouldn't let me put both in :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jaince View Post
    Hi

Was just looking over some greater essences I could buy on our AH, and I'm not sure what to pick, or rather which one works with Bard abilities (Candence, Coda of Wrath/fury)

There's a couple level 22 stones, didn't check higher ones yet, but I assume they follow the pattern:

Combusted Flamesource: Damaging spells have a chance... [are the bard things classified as spells? They work with AP but are vulnerable to silence]
    Igniting Flamesource/Ominous Shadesource: Physical damaging abilities... [They do life damage]
    Mineralized Stonesource: Damaging abilities... [well ok this should work]
    Shrouded Shadesource: Healing spells... [does that apply to Candence with Invigorated Soul or Motif/Coda of Restoration?]

Theres one stone I'm sure will work, and all the others i'm not.
    Are they spells?
    Does "physical damaging abilities" mean "does damage of physical type" or does it mean "uses attack power instead of spellpower"?
    Ive done a little bit of testing on this last night.. Here is what I know.

During beta I had the "healing spells have a chance to heal additional X life over X seconds". This did proc with Cadence but did not proc with Coda of Restoration.
    Now during live release I used the same greater essence and it worked with Cadence for... 2-3 days. About 2 days ago it stopped proccing.. I dunno if it bugged but I think it is. A cleric and I tested it on each other over and over for a long time and he did not get his to proc at all.

Now I also have a stone that says "damaging spells do extra X fire/water ect dmg" ... This does proc with cadence but no dmg codas.

I have tryed the "physical dmg abilitys proc X dmg..." It did not work with any bard skills... Only my quickshot/headshot for my side soul with my bard.

Im still really confused on what works with a bard... It seems most of our skills are not classified properly in the coding to proc anything.. other than cadence is considered a spell. Even our skills that say "wep dmg + life dmg" do not proc physical dmg stones or spell dmg stones (codas).

I hope someone can clear this up.

Also if you have 2 greater slots, you CANNOT slot 2 of the same familiy. I think it will only use the first one that was slotted.

Right now I use a "Spell dmg X" Trinket and 1 "Spell heal over time" and 1 more "spell dmg X" on my character. Its pretty good for cadence on a bard... Once they fix the HoT atleast..

When it was working My cadence would proc all 3 once in a while.. 150+ water dmg + 100 fire dmg + Added HoT + normal cadence dmg. It was nice = )

Hope that can clear somethings up for ya guys. If anyone else know some info on what works with codas! tell us!

oh yeah... these will only proc on the first hit of DoT/HoTs... if it didnt proc on the first hit then it will not proc on each DoT/HoT
    Last edited by Lupa_J; 03-03-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    -Magus Imperialis Magicus-
    Lupa - 50 Rogue

Briarcliff - Guardian

Soulwalker

I've been running the same tests as the above poster;

I 'assumed' we were classed as a physical ranged class due to stats. Basically a ranger with a lute instead of a Bow. But as Lupa also discovered that simply isn't the case for greater essence.

The 'damaging spells' essence will proc from the first tick of cadence but nothing else (or at least hasn't for me) and the 'physical damage' essence procs from nothing at all.

Haven't tested any healing ones yet.

+ Reply to Thread