+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How is MM damage in PVP? 10-50

Banned

Default How is MM damage in PVP? 10-50

Would anyone mind telling me how Marksmen are fairing in pvp nowadays? I played one in beta and very much enjoyed it, but then ended up speccing differently come live. I know MM were nerfed, or balanced, before live, so I'm wondering how their damage compares to live. Don't mention PVE, as I use different souls for that anyway.

Any information would be welcomed, and I know sabs are supposed to be the end-all for pvp, but I prefer the feel of MM.

Thanks.

I loved the MM but after the nerff on DMG i do not like it at all.

The hit and run princip is gone, sure we go tools to run faster etc but the lack of dmg is by far to big imo.

If you look at PVE side of the MM the run faster thing just dont do it, when we run faster the MOB also run faster. So the Survival we got (Run faster) Dosent work in pve.

PVP we can stay far behind and shoot but as soon some one gets close to us its damn hard to get away agin.

I dont mind the major snare in the game, but i do mind the dmg nerff mm got it simply dosent make up for it.

Shield of Telara

I never thought of marksman as a nuker class, thats what saboteurs are for, i pictured MM as just being a very mobile dps class, par it with riftstalker and you are very hard to kill and hard to catch

Rift Master

Its just fine, your damage isnt 'lolwtfjusthitme' worthy but it shouldnt be. You can also keep up a near permenant +45% speed buff if you should so feel. Ranger/MM/Sab or rift are pretty standard builds. Personally Id say sab were better than rift by a small way. Purely for the stupid AoE snare.

Telaran

I played thought the last 2 beta's as a MM and thought there damage was too high for the amount of mobility they had, Then i read that they got nerfed and saw alot of people saying that the MM is now 'gimped' and is useless now..

All i have to say is LOL, Im now level 18 and top damage every warfront, Yesterday i broke my record in a warfront, 42k Damage, 35 Killing blows.. And no i wasnt even using my aoe, Pretty much all single target.

So... Really big nerf! Not..

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by osxg33k View Post
    I loved the MM but after the nerff on DMG i do not like it at all.

The hit and run princip is gone, sure we go tools to run faster etc but the lack of dmg is by far to big imo.

If you look at PVE side of the MM the run faster thing just dont do it, when we run faster the MOB also run faster. So the Survival we got (Run faster) Dosent work in pve.

PVP we can stay far behind and shoot but as soon some one gets close to us its damn hard to get away agin.

I dont mind the major snare in the game, but i do mind the dmg nerff mm got it simply dosent make up for it.
    dude i just read your post again and im seriously wondering if we are playing the same game, Are you smoking drugs? if you spec into Hunter and pick up the slow then you barley even have to use the run faster finisher..

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by InHuman View Post
    dude i just read your post again and im seriously wondering if we are playing the same game, Are you smoking drugs? if you spec into Hunter and pick up the slow then you barley even have to use the run faster finisher..
    lol!! he really has no idea how to play a MM ;) The movement is still great and also the DMG is still good for PVP!

Soulwalker

I'm playing a MM with Ranger and 0 stat Riftstalker for the blink. I find it extremely mobile in PvP which is great, and have most often got the highest damage on the team (single target). Currently thats in the 10-20 battlefronts though...

Default Yeah seriously what?

Yeah... errr.. I play as a mage in pvp and I can tell you Marksmen/Rangers are very good at focusing down people that aren't paying attention, even if I try to escape you take a serious amount of damage before you manage to get away and then you either have a relentless boar tailing you preventing you from healing effectively or the marksman catches up to you and slows you and continues to pound on you until you die.

If you can't manage to kill a mob in pve with a marskman then I think you need to seriously consider hiring a levelling service.
    BAYM!

Banned

Thanks all. I'm currently sitting on a 47 mage -- haven't played in it two days -- and I'm trying to decide what to reroll because the state of mages is awful right now. That MM seem fine gives me hope. And yes, their damage did need to be lowered from beta, as it was insanely high.

Champion of Telara

For everyone who in this thread who said the MM/Rng is fine please go to this thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...y-class-better

and explain in detail how. As for as I can tell the MM/Rng is so gimpped when put side by side with mele rogue builds its a joke and really the only ranged rogue that is working well is sab.

In pvp it takes you twice as long to kill someone than most of the mele builds of rogues. If you live long enough to kill someone that is.

Marksman really starts to pick up once you get 32 points in the soul. At that point, you have all your highest damage skills, and you can really start to go to town.

For being a ranged class, they hit pretty hard, and when combined with Riftstalker have more get-out-of-jail-free cards than any class I've yet seen. When you have all your CDs ready, they have some pretty brutal burst damage.

They're probably the best Rogue PvP class outside of Sabs/Rangers. They also get crushed by Warriors, naturally.
    Last edited by Satiar; 03-03-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    Marksman really starts to pick up once you get 32 points in the soul. At that point, you have all your highest damage skills, and you can really start to go to town.

For being a ranged class, they hit pretty hard, and when combined with Riftstalker have more get-out-of-jail-free cards than any class I've yet seen. When you have all your CDs ready, they have some pretty brutal burst damage.

They're probably the best Rogue PvP class outside of Sabs/Rangers. They also get crushed by Warriors, naturally.
    So at lvl 30+ they turn a corner? Because I am really having a hard time making my MM/Rng work at all in PVP. The only time I am in the top is when I am in the top 3 of levels in the match otherwise I am just pasted before I can ever really do much.

In pve I can hold my own on solo mobs but add 2 or3 and im dead or running or both lol.

Yah, I expect to get pasted by warriors but getting pasted by other rogues with out being able to put up much of a fight sucks. There seems to be more ways to get out of root/snares than there are snares in the game which for an archer class means death.

Quote Originally Posted by InHuman View Post
    I played thought the last 2 beta's as a MM and thought there damage was too high for the amount of mobility they had, Then i read that they got nerfed and saw alot of people saying that the MM is now 'gimped' and is useless now..

All i have to say is LOL, Im now level 18 and top damage every warfront, Yesterday i broke my record in a warfront, 42k Damage, 35 Killing blows.. And no i wasnt even using my aoe, Pretty much all single target.

So... Really big nerf! Not..
    It's really easy to put up big numbers in a Warfront if your side is dominating and you can sit back and pew pew. The true test is how you perform when your team is losing. Can you survive? Can you still get kills when you're under pressure from melee?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    So at lvl 30+ they turn a corner? Because I am really having a hard time making my MM/Rng work at all in PVP. The only time I am in the top is when I am in the top 3 of levels in the match otherwise I am just pasted before I can ever really do much.

In pve I can hold my own on solo mobs but add 2 or3 and im dead or running or both lol.

Yah, I expect to get pasted by warriors but getting pasted by other rogues with out being able to put up much of a fight sucks. There seems to be more ways to get out of root/snares than there are snares in the game which for an archer class means death.

With 32 points in them they have access to Strafe and Quick Reload.

This means you could (there are a variety of ways of doing this, this is just an example) do this:

Hit and Run
    Strafe for 1300 or so damage ( and it stacks 5 combo points)
    Bullseye > Deadeye Shot
    Quick Reload
    Strafe
    Bullseye > Deadeye Shot
    Hit and Run
    Empowered Shot > Empowered Shot > Deadeye Shot

That right there, that's alot of burst damage. And at maximum range.

Add to that you have the following skills:

On the Double (every 20 seconds, you are freed from all Roots, Slows and Snares and get 70% run speed for 5 seconds)

A skill that when they hit you, your run speed increases up to 20%

A finisher that increases your run speed by 30%

A pedestal that increases your damage by a flat 10%

A knockback that effects 3 targets.

A ranged root.

Skills that increase armor penetration on a % basis.

A spammable AOE skill that effects up to 8 targets, and a 1min cooldown AoE that effects 8 targets and can be channeled while running.

Those are just from having 32 points in marksman. You now have 34 points to spend elsewhere.

I mean, it's not god-mode or OP by ANY means. But it is an effective class. Also, you asked for the PvP aspect, I haven't touched on the PvE.

It's really easy to put up big numbers in a Warfront if your side is dominating and you can sit back and pew pew. The true test is how you perform when your team is losing. Can you survive? Can you still get kills when you're under pressure from melee?

If I wanted to, I could spam my AoE skills and get top DPS in nearly every warfront. I would also be next to useless.

Top DPS means nothing. Most of the time, it means you sat and beat on a Warrior for 10 minutes while a Cleric casually healed him....
    Last edited by Satiar; 03-03-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast