+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For all u guy who thinks melee rogue dps is low and sab is imba

Soulwalker

Default For all u guy who thinks melee rogue dps is low and sab is imba

For example lets compare sabs dps and sins dps for lvl 29
    It takes 1,5sec to land a charge(considering animation and ping)
    so it's about 8-9 sec to do 800-1400 dmg and he got no auto attacks

Sin starts with paralyzing strike,and EW before it
    PS has 65% crit chance(talent + rogues own 15% crit) so it does about 200dmg and EW 180.
    Then sin strikes Puncture another 150 dmg. 1gcd
    Then goes final blow 350-600 2nd gcd
    Then we hit 5 savage strikes 100-160 dmg 5 gcd
    And finish with another final blow 350-600 dmg
    Plus i got 30dps with auto attacks its 240 dmg
    And poison coated wheapon 20 dmg about 5 times

So sin does 2000+ dmg in the same time and also he does stuns,slow,cc.

So still u think sab is op?

silly rogueling stop trying to use logic. sab is OP because it kills the people that are whining about it. they don't say it's OP for a reason, at least not a good one.
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

Quote Originally Posted by Shizit View Post

Sin starts with paralyzing strike,and EW before it
    PS has 65% crit chance(talent + rogues own 15% crit) so it does about 200dmg and EW 180.
    Then sin strikes Puncture another 150 dmg. 1gcd
    Then goes final blow 350-600 2nd gcd
    Then we hit 5 savage strikes 100-160 dmg 5 gcd
    And finish with another final blow 350-600 dmg
    Plus i got 30dps with auto attacks its 240 dmg
    And poison coated wheapon 20 dmg about 5 times

So sin does 2000+ dmg in the same time and also he does stuns,slow,cc.

So still u think sab is op?
    Yes.

1. If you think this is a good assassin rotation, you're bad at understanding class mechanics and should not be taken seriously.

2. Your numbers (which are mostly wrong btw) prove that sabs do more damage in fewer CDs from range *if* the target stays within 3m.

3. If you think people will just stand there after you open, you're fighting bad players. It doesn't matter (and in most cases is better) if you're a sab and the target runs.

4. Your target is of range. Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range.Your target is of range. You never see this. Know why? Cause you can do all your **** from anywhere.

5. Sab armor pen is a passive t2 talent with no positional requirement, assassin armor pen was t6 and had a positional requirement AND THEN GOT REMOVED.

6. Sabs can spec for virtual stun immunity.

There's more, but, the rest is so the devs stop listening to people like you.

Love,

Eggs
    Last edited by Gill; 03-03-2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: removed insults

Soulwalker

I took this number from my curent 29 lvl sin.Its not rotation,its just example how melee rogue deals more dmg than sub. I mean this count for standing target without any runing. I wanted to show that subs dmg is not op and sins not low.
    Later i'll download screenshots with fight log.
    Last edited by Gill; 03-03-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was edited

i dont think people are trying to say sab deals high dps

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    i dont think people are trying to say sab deals high dps
    You're going to confuse people with that logic. DPS is damage PER second? wha? Over time? O.o Blasphemy!

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Sabs are burst. They make for nice big kabooms with very flexible setup. The kabooms are big and shiny and draw LOTS of attention to them. Right now, gear sucks by and large, so people go OMGHAI I ARE BLOWED UPS! NERFZ! Burst is nice for PvP, especially when you can get your setup done from basically anywhere, giggle, and go kaboom.

The melee rogues have issues maintaining contact with their opponents. Their openers don't deliver the kind of OMGHAI that a Sab can. You can spec for stuff to help you maintain contact, but the points you're spending to do all that, the Sab is spending to turn his OMGHAI into WUT R U WEARINGZ. (I'm tired. Bear with me.) Aaaand...he can still take care of his setup from just about anywhere. Yey.

In PvE, it's a different story entirely. When your target is just standing there with a sign around his neck that says "Thar be somethin' in mah front pocket 4 u" a melee rogue can take his sweet time setting up, getting his rotation established and maintaining it, and making use of all the lovely buffs/debuffs/procs he's got going. The Sab, on the other hand... Occasionally pops up to remind you that he's still there and hasn't fallen asleep yet. And maybe ganks aggro and kills the melee rogues because so much of his DPS is done in one big hit, and the mob had some kind of frontal AoE.

So comparing just within the calling...Melee sustained is pretty danged good. Sabos are the hands down kings of burst damage, but they pay for it over longer fights with less sparkly parses. (I've honestly only run into ONE sabo in PvE, and she held her own pretty okay, but my NB beat her on the ZW. Paced the mage pretty well.)
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Shizit View Post
    Sabs hit far higher than 1.4k at lvl 29. Hell, I hit that at lvl 20 with only 7 points in Sab.
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

Rift Disciple

You are forgetting that Sins can slow to a crawl which then there should be no *target is not close enough* and also you can stealth by jsut about anyone. also blind and if you are pro, you have a few bombs/detonate =P

my spec @ 37:
    infiltrator - 5
    Assassin 34
    sab - 10
    WF..... sigh

Reasons why most AFK or don't try in WF's (including myself):

1: Lose all the time to prestige 6 players
    2: Unfair advantage due to faction favored map
    3: Lack of healing
    4: Tired of raging from not being able to kill a pyro mage as an assassin rogue, 1v1
    5: No team play
    6: Not able to queue up as a guild/raid to actually win
    7: Losing 90% of the time has killed moral to the point of not caring and just waiting for the WF to end

Shield of Telara

70% of your damage is being healed by that bard who doesnt even know you are there, spaming cadence

Sab just one shoted anyone with 70% health

diffrence

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    70% of your damage is being healed by that bard who doesnt even know you are there, spaming cadence

Sab just one shoted anyone with 70% health

diffrence
    ~7sec stun by rogue and there is no cadance spaming

+ Reply to Thread