+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rog dps < warrior dps

Default rog dps < warrior dps

why pick up a rogue for dps when you can get a warrior for double the dps? Watching the parses makes one ask this question. Thoughts ?
    Kromulok
    (alias Fumata)

Ethereal Shadows

Telaran

well, seeing as I have yet to see a rog, i dont think anyone plays them.

Rouges are great though

At first I thought the rogue was pretty gimp damage wise as melee but as I progressed through the levels and picked up various abilities in my accompanying souls it seemed to shoot up fast.

Lv 47 blade dancer atm, don't really feel like warriors are doing more damage than me. Could be wrong though o.o

Quote Originally Posted by omgacow View Post

Rouges are great though
    This rouge you speak of sounds great, but I think rogues are better.
    Last edited by Scream; 03-02-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Jag
    Soulwalker

Rouges are great though
    ha! Who is the fool now? Instead of being a smart *** you turned out like a dumb ***. Good stuff.

Played a NB/RS through the betas to 33 and a Para/RB or Para/champ to low 20's in both the betas and headstart. I think my rogue still did more dps through the late teens and early 20's than my warr.
    Characters: Guardian-- Peregrinus and Aguila : Defiant-- Sparverius and Gunther

Greybriar PvE server.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    ha! Who is the fool now? Instead of being a smart *** you turned out like a dumb ***. Good stuff.
    Gotta love the edit timeout function added. That quote will now be preserved in the forum archive forever :-p
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

you guys "think" you do more dps or you are actually watching the dps parsers and "know" ? The parsers I am seeing in chat never show any rogue build out do a warrior in dps.
    Kromulok
    (alias Fumata)

Ethereal Shadows

Rouges are great though
    And it's roGUe not roUGe. Rogue is an archetype, while rouge is a type of face makeup or a form of the color red. Also the French word for red is rouge.
    Characters: Guardian-- Peregrinus and Aguila : Defiant-- Sparverius and Gunther

Greybriar PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by fumata View Post
    you guys "think" you do more dps or you are actually watching the dps parsers and "know" ? The parsers I am seeing in chat never show any rogue build out do a warrior in dps.
    There's no straight up saying yes or no from me but I do wonder what the level of the rogue and warrior your comparing are.

I didn't really feel my rogue doing much until 35 ish then all of a sudden it just got a lot more powerful. It's also worth considering when comparing vs a Blade Dancer a lot of the talents are "On dodge strike back for X" "Ín parry gain combo point" people will be quite inclined to spec these for leveling but they wont really do much for their DPS in a dungeon or raid situation. People running a dungeon/raid dps spec will be pumping some nice numbers.
    Last edited by Scream; 03-02-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Shadowlander

Rouge is overpowdered. It passively blinds everything within 20 meters with a reddish cloud of dust!

That said I've never felt like I was getting out performed by other callings in dmg output unless I was using a build dedicated to keeping myself or others alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

RIFT Guide Writer

why pick up a rogue for dps when you can get a warrior for double the dps? Watching the parses makes one ask this question. Thoughts ?
    Are you offering data or just asking for some random feelings on your assertions?

at level 27 my melee rogue did a sustained dps of 162 in a 3 minute fight against a world boss

my rift blade at level 30 did a sustained dps of around 140 in similar situations, spiking up to 170 for aoe fights in dungeons, but those were all short and i did not have to start counting on my power reserve.. and i had a bunch of great aoe moves=P
    Last edited by Vabjekf; 03-02-2011 at 09:44 PM.

in our group tonight the rog was level 38 (assassin/BD/NB) then switched to (assassin/BD/RGR) and the warrior was level 34 (RB/Reaver/BM).

On multiple mob pulls the warrior was consistently over 550dps where the rogue was 250ish. On single mobs the warrior was 100dps more than the rogue.

I am a cleric, so not up to snuff on these 2 classes, but just seems odd to me on such the difference in DPS.
    Kromulok
    (alias Fumata)

Ethereal Shadows

Jag
    Soulwalker

The assassin/nightblade builds give you stealth and have no sustained damage. They will out damage the warrior for about 10 seconds if they start from stealth, then the dps drops. Only the ranged rogue classes have sustainable DPS. The assassin damage is also positional in nature so that needs to be considered. I don't see a place for assassin specs in pve or raids at all. Nightblade has some aoe that makes it serviceable, but you are much better off with any of the ranged rogues.
    Last edited by Jag; 03-02-2011 at 10:02 PM.

in our group tonight the rog was level 38 (assassin/BD/NB) then switched to (assassin/BD/RGR) and the warrior was level 34 (RB/Reaver/BM).

On multiple mob pulls the warrior was consistently over 550dps where the rogue was 250ish. On single mobs the warrior was 100dps more than the rogue.

I am a cleric, so not up to snuff on these 2 classes, but just seems odd to me on such the difference in DPS.
    How long were these fights? You cant look at individual encounters, particularaly if they only last a few seconds.

You can look at the damage output during boss fights, or the overall dps of the entire dungeon.

But yeah. A riftblade/reaver is going to have very high aoe damage. I could see single hits of 2k damage over 5 targets easily at that level using storm burst and a forked lance.

I could also see the reaver dots themselves pulling a few hundred dps over 5 targets, since they are buffed from rift blade and my reaver tank which was not was still doing around 100dps agaisnt 5 targets with just dots.

What was his dps against the boss at the end though?

Granted by the mid 30s, particularaly in a group with crit buffs, riftblade power problems start to diminish thanks to both planar blade and the one passive i cant remember its name of.

But i can not imagine his sustained dps at those levels could have been over 200. One of the nice things about riftblades is that equipment really doesnt effect them that much, the skills do what they do, so its easy to predict their damage output.
    Last edited by Vabjekf; 03-02-2011 at 10:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast