+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bard dmg in a % of a Dps soul?

Rift Disciple

Default Bard dmg in a % of a Dps soul?

Not looking for an exact answer, just an estimate.

In example:
    Say Bard build does like x% of any dps build.
    Or 1 Cadence does x% of 2 swift shots.
    Coda of wrath does x% of head shot.

Sib
    Shadowlander

Not sure about a % but in a group in a dungeon my full support bards dps is in between the tank and the full dps classes. All though its closer to the tanks dps on the scale o damage.

Rift Disciple

Could you elaborate, if full DPS is 100%, tank is like 30%, bard 50%?

RIFT Guide Writer

I feel like my Bard DPS is at best a third of my Assassins.

I do not have hard combat log parses to justify that; only my estimtation of how long fights last.
    Last edited by Kurieg; 03-02-2011 at 08:52 PM.

If you feel your Bard's damage is low try switching to a Bard/Riftstalker survival build for a few hours. When you switch back to Bard/Nightblade you'll feel like a godamn superhero.
    We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while at the same time producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

Rift Disciple

Need more estimations

Shadowlander

I'd say bard reaches up to 30-40% of regular melee rogue of a same level. (20% of a warrior).

When virtuoso is up and combined with riff+finisher spamming, our damage pretty much exceedes most rogue classes. (once every 3 mins for 15secs) except for sab burst. (at level 33, 400-500 damage aoes every second is quite destructive)

If you do not have virtuoso up, forget dps. If you have virtuoso up, you are a god in anything you do.

edit:
    Killed a group of 4 players of 1-2 higher level solo yesterday just because of virtuoso.
    Last edited by Nukemi; 03-03-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

Thank you all.
    Its good to know we can step up a few notches with virtuoso.

Nukemi, Do you use bard coda finishers or other souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticratboy View Post
    Thank you all.
    Its good to know we can step up a few notches with virtuoso.

Nukemi, Do you use bard coda finishers or other souls?
    If you have deafening music, use codas. If not look elsewhere.
    As Bard/NB combo, I find my DPS in Black Garden is usually about 60% of what the first place person is getting. I know, I know... Not an incredibly accurate measure. But I think it serves the purpose.
    Dear Africa, you helped me write this...

Will bard have any roll in PvE(raiding)? I assume Bard could take care of a lot of raid healing to make the clerics job easier.
    Last edited by Braves; 03-03-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    Will bard have any roll in PvE(raiding)? I assume Bard could take care of a lot of raid healing to make the clerics job easier.
    Of course.. every raid leader will bring at least 1 Bard if they have a brain.

You're going to do less than a straight up DPS soul, sometime by a factor of 2 - but how much less will really depend on a situation.

The thing with Bard is you gotta have a DPS offspec (Nightblade is best IMO) and unless the extra healing in a group is required you do not HAVE to sit there and spam Cadence endlessly. You're going to have all motifs up at all times but that does not mean you can not use Fiery Spike or just up and melee w/Primal Strike. When you are ready to use a finisher it's the same deal: if group needs heals then use Coda of Restoration, otherwise you can debuff or just outright Blazing Strike/Fury/Wrath.
    Last edited by Rykin; 03-03-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Plane Walker

You don't play a full bard for the DPS. If you are fretting over your bard's DPS, you need to re-roll (or just have a DPS role). Plain and simple.

I find my bard dies all over the place and is incredibly hard to quest with. If he gets anymore than 1 mob he's toast, no matter what. If this is a healing class like they say it is then I really feel like they need a heal they can use from jump on theirselves so that they can survive just trying to level up. Either that or improve the DPS. On one quest alone I have died just trying to get my quest items now 6 times in about 15 minuets, and all because other mobs walk into the area I'm in and aggro to me and my health pot is of course on CD from me having to use it with the current mob. I'm wearing leather and also using anthem of glory, it's very frustrating over all.
    Universum rector quod servo nos totus.

Quote Originally Posted by Serastese View Post
    I find my bard dies all over the place and is incredibly hard to quest with. If he gets anymore than 1 mob he's toast, no matter what. If this is a healing class like they say it is then I really feel like they need a heal they can use from jump on theirselves so that they can survive just trying to level up. Either that or improve the DPS. On one quest alone I have died just trying to get my quest items now 6 times in about 15 minuets, and all because other mobs walk into the area I'm in and aggro to me and my health pot is of course on CD from me having to use it with the current mob. I'm wearing leather and also using anthem of glory, it's very frustrating over all.
    More than 1 mob as a Bard and you die? Did you not take the Cadence heal or something? You should be able to do atleast 3. You've got to be doing something wrong if you die to 2 mobs as a Bard.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast