+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Night Blade weapons.

Soulwalker

Default Night Blade weapons.

I was wondering whether the night blade class uses fast or slow weapons.

All its attacks are based on weapon damage, which would suggest slow - but it also uses weapon buffs that have a straight proc chance per hit, favoring a faster weapon.

My gut instinct is that the gain on all your strikes from a slower weapon outweighs the extra procs of the fast ones, but I was wondering if anyone has anything better than gut instinct to go on.

I would say that your main hand weapon should always be slow and hit hard. I'm pretty sure effects can proc off most abilities so whenever you use something like primal strike it can proc hellfire blades. Off hand should be fast if you are relying on it to proc a lot.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by wallyindahood View Post

All its attacks are based on weapon damage, which would suggest slow - but it also uses weapon buffs that have a straight proc chance per hit, favoring a faster weapon.

My gut instinct is that the gain on all your strikes from a slower weapon outweighs the extra procs of the fast ones, but I was wondering if anyone has anything better than gut instinct to go on.
    Auto attack in this game is so low it hardly matters what ever way you go. Weapon procs have an internal cooldown attached (see patch notes on 26th of Feb) so it might be that it won't actually matter... it would depend on the internal cooldown. It is hard to know for sure at this point. It might be that it equals out and not really make that much of a difference. The thing is weapons tend to have the same weapon damage but it's the speed that differs. So therefore the difference would be slow procs or fast procs. It is likely fast procs would then be superior... but hard to tell I guess.
    Last edited by Ravzar; 03-02-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wallyindahood View Post

It is my understanding that abillities that use weapon damage are misleading. They changed it back in one of the betas so abillities actually use weapon DPS instead of what you might think weapon damage actually is.

So the only thing to consider would be AA hits and the rate of procs. I dont really think it matters much to be honest. In PvE though I think given the choice between 2 weapons of equal DPS you would want to choose the faster weapon since burst doesnt really matter.

Telaran

Default About weapon enchants

Apparently they "normalized" weapon enchants.

This leads me to think that speed has no effect on enchantment procs, which is kind of wierd.

In a certian time window, you are supposedly going to get the same amount of procs no matter what the speed of your weapon is

They also normalized weapon damage some.

Really, i consider daggers swords and axes to all just be judged by their dps. Maces on the other hand, i will take if they have less dps, because they really do make a noticeable difference due to their slowness.

+ Reply to Thread