+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serrated blades or poison mastery? Need advce for spare points

Default Serrated blades or poison mastery? Need advce for spare points

I have 3 spare pionts to move around in the sin line.

I have a choice between serrated blades or poison mastery I have my other skills I need, but I need 32 points so have to decide where these points go between these two or split.

Thoughts?

what other souls do you have?
    are you going for crits or contant dps?
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend”

Not sure but I know I need crits to survive my battles lol

Im a sin/night up to impale in Sin rest in night.

Serrated Blades.

Why do you not have this already? It accounts for as much damage as my poison procs at 40 over the course of any given fight. (Around 6% of my total DPS.)

I'm going to assume you're running solo PvE at the moment? Around 32-35? This is more or less what my solo-focused Assassin build is looking like right now. If I were in the mood to switch things around, I'd probably pull two points out of poison mastery, drop backstab, and pop them into Cloak and Dagger for the increased damage on Jagged Strike. (Keep in mind that I specified this is for soloing only- if you're doing group stuff you'll want backstab and the talents that enhance attacking from behind.) I run with little to no downtime, can handle multiples two levels over me easily-to-decently depending on cooldowns, and mow stuff down pretty quickly. I haven't been playing the spec too long, or really thought out where I'm taking it as I get closer to 50, but stacking dodge and running BD up through Combat Culmination and Turn the Tide would probably make for good times.

Like I said already, it's not in any way a good assassin spec for dungeon DPS, but I'm finding it about as robust as my old ranger spec, with less send pet/take a nap to it.
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

Slightly off subject maybe, but can bleeds crit? What about poisons? If so then is it a chance per proc or an all or nothing type deal?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Roxina View Post

I'm going to assume you're running solo PvE at the moment? Around 32-35? This is more or less what my solo-focused Assassin build is looking like right now. If I were in the mood to switch things around, I'd probably pull two points out of poison mastery, drop backstab, and pop them into Cloak and Dagger for the increased damage on Jagged Strike.
    Hi, do you still use final blow much? at that level i plan to use impale and baneful touch as finishers and so don't need the points in improved final blow, enabling me to put them into other things. or is final blow really good with improved final blow with 3 points? Also i don't plan on getting poison mastery, 5 points for an extra 10% chance of proccing poison doesn't appeal to me, not when my poisons go off all the time anyway. Apart from that you spec is rather similar to mine......
    Last edited by Demvaril; 03-03-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    Slightly off subject maybe, but can bleeds crit? What about poisons? If so then is it a chance per proc or an all or nothing type deal?
    Poisons can, Serrated Blades cant.

Rift Disciple

This is what I'm looking like at 50th....... http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Mo.MARftsbodzR

look ok?

Shadowlander

I would do poison mastery. Poisons are water damage they go through armor. Unlike bleeds that are affective by armor mitigate. If your having a hard time living. Then use lich poison. A very wonderful poison. which if you have 8 points into riftstalker to get boosted recovery. The healing effects from lich poison is very good.
    Second thing is. Unless your critting about every other attack. The poison master will be better. I find my weapon enchantes do proc more often then I crit.

Also let you know. Poisons are effected by NB skills unstable state, Fire and Death Attument, Melted skin, ((just because of the extra 5% damage.)) and finally Enhanced Weapons enchants.

If you have not come to release it but poisons will be one of your highest dps in the game if you build your self right. Doing a ton a damage. Sence they are magic damage. There is no armor mitigate. Meaning they will always hit harder then your bleeds ever will.

Remember serrated blades are a base damage bleed that ticks over 6 seconds. So if your auto attack is not hitting for over 100 damage. Then it not worth it. Sence this is one auto attack being done over 6 seconds. Now if this was 100% crit damage over 6 seconds. Then I could see it being more useful. I will never understand why they dropped it from the 300% weapon damage to 100% weapon damage. Was not like you where point out 1k dps from the bleed alone. If anything you where lucky to get the bleed to do over 100 damage a tick near end game back in beta.

Ascendant

Obviously I haven't tested it in Rift yet, but it seems highly counter-intuitive that bleeds would be affected by armor. That's kinda the entire reason they exist in most games, because they aren't mitigated.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Plane Touched

I could care less about serrated blades now. The damage is too weak and I like my points elsewhere now. I'm loving my improved savage strike with 10% more crit. Pretty sure I get a lot more damage out of that than bleeds that do such little damage it might as well not even show up.

Shadowlander

Well people tend to forget assassins and nightblades are designed to be fast attackers. Using two daggers in their hands. We have no specail energy gain abilies like other glasses. Energy builds up depending on your weapon speed. Serrated blades now needs a slow weapon to even do ok damage. The who 300% weapon damage from beta was built with the idea of you critting with faster but weaker daggers. All their abilties are stronger then other classes abilties. As well as weapon enchaments. That just screams daggers.

+ Reply to Thread