+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats your Sabs rotation in dungeons?

Shadowlander

Default Whats your Sabs rotation in dungeons?

I have lots of charges and am wondering which rotations are the best for dps and or utility?
    just wondering which rotations some of you like.

Shadowlander

bump. I know there are a ton of sabs out there

Soulwalker

I haven't done a dungeon yet as Sab since my other role is a tank but I would figure with so many options and 97% of them being awesome I was just going to smash my face against the keyboard and see what happens.

First I lay Landmines and Debil Traps, I have my Tank pet on Passive, Drop Chem and Adhesives, quick shot or shadow, time bomb, the target pull into mines, and run in a circle, set pet to defensive, all the while spamming Blast Charge, then headshot, one more blast charge and A-Bomb (or just Det, depending if you have a mob or not), rinse and repeat. Seems like a-lot but its actually not, just set up a tool bar with the sequence you want.
    Last edited by Atillius; 03-03-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Soulwalker

Never parsed a dungeon run as Sab but i did do a couple dungeons around 30 as Sab

* 5 Spike Charges->AoE Bomb to Detonate, So you get the bleed running on 3 mobs
    * Chemical Bomb
    * 5 Shrapnel if more than 1 target, Blast if Single

For bosses you just keep up Spike Charges and fill the gap with blast charges

With the talent to increase spike charge duration you should be able to go 5 Spike->5 Blast->5 Spike

I personally would go with a different spec for dungeons

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tilano View Post
    Never parsed a dungeon run as Sab but i did do a couple dungeons around 30 as Sab

* 5 Spike Charges->AoE Bomb to Detonate, So you get the bleed running on 3 mobs
    * Chemical Bomb
    * 5 Shrapnel if more than 1 target, Blast if Single

For bosses you just keep up Spike Charges and fill the gap with blast charges

With the talent to increase spike charge duration you should be able to go 5 Spike->5 Blast->5 Spike

I personally would go with a different spec for dungeons

Pretty much what I do as well, though I throw in a time bomb at the beginning of the rotation.

I am only level 20 though, so I'm sure the addition of land-mines and whatnot will change my rotation.

Since this thread will be filled with Saboteurs, what kind of soul specs are you all?

Sab/Bard/Riftstalker

I can tell you right now, once you hit up Droughtlands and Moohshade Highlands, your tank pet is going to be next to useless. You're going to want to buff your armor up so you can take more hits. That's why you get the armor anthem from Bard along with the maximum hp boost, along with the armor % increase and damage % increase from riftstalker.

I'm level 44, and it has been working great.

You'll also be cursing your pig or wolf in the upper areas, because they aggro every damn thing in the world.

Uhhh stand next to the mobs and spam Booby Trap....200-300 dps to 10 targets endlessly... Best Aoe in the game. No down time.

Rift Disciple

Dont put 5 of the same charges on anything, it's a waste of your charge booster talent and a gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinNobody View Post
    Uhhh stand next to the mobs and spam Booby Trap....200-300 dps to 10 targets endlessly... Best Aoe in the game. No down time.
    This only applies to low health mobs, or if someone is tanking something for you. I'd like to see a lone saboteur tank more than two mobs with 10k hp in Iron Peak attacking with just that. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Brizyrr View Post
    This only applies to low health mobs, or if someone is tanking something for you. I'd like to see a lone saboteur tank more than two mobs with 10k hp in Iron Peak attacking with just that. =P
    Considering that the name of the thread ends in "in dungeons", I think someone will be tanking.

I haven't taken my sab build into an instance yet, but my rotation will probably be this:

4 Spike + 1 Blast
    Blast + Shrapnel + Caltrop + Splinter + Embers

For straight DPS, this should be the best rotation. With Charge Booster you get two of every unique charge. The reason you don't stack blast charges is that two caltrop/splinter/ember charges deals more damage than one blast charge, AND you put a couple debuffs on the mob.

However, you should consider throwing a full stack of embers or splinter charges up to help your group DPS if no one is doing those debuffs.
    Quintae@Shatterbone - 60 Mage

Ok consider this then in those 6 seconds you waste to place 5 charges then detonate and you deal what 1.6k dmg average to a single mob... spamming the booby trap which does 200-300 dmg to 10 mobs per seconds... so and average 1200-1800 dmg every 6 seconds thus making charges useless. Only use charges on single targets like bosses. Booby Trap > Charges in PvE

Shadowlander

With the risk of sounding like a complete tool, and/or hijacking your thread, how do some of these mechanics work?

Abilities are calculated as "weapon plus # damage". Which weapon does it use to calculate this? Also, does it use min/max/average, etc... to calculate this?

Using the charge booster ability, will that augment a charge beyond the five charge maximum? i.e., if you lay five charges on an enemy and have Charge Booster, will it act like six charges, or will you essentially be wasting a charge?

What are you all doing for "white damage"? While I would think that a bow would be the best choice because of the range, every time I attempt to fire a bow while laying charges I get strange enough results that I'm not sure the two are compatible. For example, even with attempting to use the switch basic attack button, I ALWAYS default to melee attack on right click, and it seems to end my ranged auto-attacking the second I use a sab ability.

Thanks ;)

Quote Originally Posted by OnoTadaki View Post
    What are you all doing for "white damage"? While I would think that a bow would be the best choice because of the range, every time I attempt to fire a bow while laying charges I get strange enough results that I'm not sure the two are compatible. For example, even with attempting to use the switch basic attack button, I ALWAYS default to melee attack on right click, and it seems to end my ranged auto-attacking the second I use a sab ability.

Thanks ;)
    It seems that as soon as you detonate, the game switches you back to auto melee attack.

What I might try once I get back in game is macroing everything so that it does:
    cast <name of charge>
    startrangedattack

Might prevent auto toggling to melee attacks... as weapon damage of bow would clearly be preferrable to that of my axes.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mellikor View Post
    It seems that as soon as you detonate, the game switches you back to auto melee attack.

What I might try once I get back in game is macroing everything so that it does:
    cast <name of charge>
    startrangedattack

Might prevent auto toggling to melee attacks... as weapon damage of bow would clearly be preferrable to that of my axes.
    Good idea, a macro would be ideal to guarantee flipping back to auto-attacking with ranged.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast