+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WHat melee rogue builds kill the fastest?

General of Telara

Default WHat melee rogue builds kill the fastest?

I have seen several warrior videos of champs just destroying mobs in 5-6 seconds with huge crits or reavers AoEing down 7-10 mobs. What rogue builds will do the same? I cant find any rogue videos that arent either pvp or from beta to see what their damage is like. Talking about level 30+.

Im loving the Bladedancer, GREAT single target dps and while being super squishy as most rogues are the aoe abilities are decent for about three mobs but not spectacular. Pure dps and aoe superiority goes to the sabo ofc but i find it quite boring to play.

Pro - Defiant Rogue - Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    I have seen several warrior videos of champs just destroying mobs in 5-6 seconds with huge crits or reavers AoEing down 7-10 mobs. What rogue builds will do the same? I cant find any rogue videos that arent either pvp or from beta to see what their damage is like. Talking about level 30+.
    I get pretty good result on " destroying mobs " with Sin/NB, applying expose weakness before assaulting your enemies from stealth is mandatory, and ofcourse applying DoT's, i usually go for " stealth -> expose weakness -> jagged strike -> puncture -> final blow -> expose weakness -> savage spam "... Well, I'm not 30+ though, but i quess you could go for " stealth -> expose weakness -> stun -> puncture -> impale -> backstab -> expose weakness -> savage spam " as impale has a huge DOT, spiced up with puntures DOT + expose weakness and hopefully a crit backstab to greatly increase the dmg output, savage has a great critrate with the passive along with some passive DOT dmg from serrated blades would seem like huge DPS to me, allthough this is all assuming as i have yet to try out marksman stuff and seeing that sabo is all about burst dmg ( allthough they have a sick DOT ) as planting charges along with bomb hurling is really all about timing your bombs and detonate right along with using the right bombs and charges at a right time.

I could see Sin/NB has the " power " over this one, allthough as I said before, I'm not lvl 30 yet ( but close @ 28 ) so I really don't know how good sabo dps gets after 30, or how bad sin gets after 30, or the other way around maybe.

So these are only assumptions, but i think I'm grasping the truth here, if ranger decides to be worse in DPSing than a PvE specced Sin

It's not the great who are the strong, it's the strong who are the great !

Shadowlander

Id like an answer to this, too.

I was trying to make a melee rogue but got lazy and just went sab. Now things die nice and quick. If there are alternatives though, that'd be fun.

For just killing trash in the world go Bladedancer / Riftstalker. Make sure to get Rift Scavenger on the RS side and go wild with the Bladedancer skills. The class is a later bloomer but between False Blade, Guarded Steel, and if you need them Rift Guard and Side steps, you're very difficult to kill, with plenty of AOEs, and 0 energy difficulties.

Example: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dVuo0RMd.xhkhz

It's decent in warfronts, though it really comes into its own a bit later down the line of the root skills.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 03-02-2011 at 06:11 PM.

I've had great success with the build posted in this guide, http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/sh...ncer-Does-Best.
    I'm raging with ire, an ocean of fire.
    My Wrath is the path to all I desire.

Telaran

so melee rogues suck until after 25? There have been a few posts and people i came across saying basically the same thing. I am curious about melee rogues but i'm only lvl 11. I am Ranger/Mark/Bard and main ranger and i'm tearing people up left and right. So should i just stay ranged till 27?

I am mostly leveling solo.

I have pretty much been running ranger/nightblade/sab and like playing that setup. if i feel like letting the pet tank mobs and then use ranged attack i can along with melee'ing at about the same dps. it's a pretty easy soloing build. i just stack sab charges on mobs and stuff dies fairly quick although i'm still kind of new and haven't tried other stuff. but this setup is a lot of fun imo. i did some 20-29 pvp and ended up one match with 15 kills and 5 deaths. it's pretty easy to get ganked quickly in pvp though since we can't really heal ourselves in that kind of setup. but i like this setup for a pure dd setup so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoness View Post
    I've had great success with the build posted in this guide, http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/sh...ncer-Does-Best.
    This build is the one that I found the most enjoyable for melee solo questing/grinding. It's a good mix of dps, survivability and petty much zero downtime. It's a nice change from the ranger spec.

Quote Originally Posted by onyxius View Post
    so melee rogues suck until after 25? There have been a few posts and people i came across saying basically the same thing.
    The above mentioned BD/Assassin/RS build works before, too. Not as perfectly, but just fine and in my opinion it's faster than ranger even at 18+ (I didn't try it before). You will want 13 points in RS first (for Rift Scavenger) and then focus on BD (spare points go here while working on RS). Assassin last.

Ranger is a solid option, and while I like it, I sometimes need a break and want to play something more "hands on".

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
    The above mentioned BD/Assassin/RS build works before, too. Not as perfectly, but just fine and in my opinion it's faster than ranger even at 18+ (I didn't try it before). You will want 13 points in RS first (for Rift Scavenger) and then focus on BD (spare points go here while working on RS). Assassin last.

Ranger is a solid option, and while I like it, I sometimes need a break and want to play something more "hands on".
    Ok great, i'm getting ready to ding 13 i'll duel spec and give it a try, thanks guys for the info.

General of Telara

Anyone know of any rogue grinding or instance videos?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoness View Post
    I just want to say WOW!!!!, i was a bit sceptical about the build but holy cow, this is awesome. I am using 2 swords by the way, not sure if i need to use swords or daggers . Anyone looking for a melee rogue build i am sending them to that post/link. Thank you so much.

Soulwalker

I've been playing an assassin build that does enough DPS to kill the enemy before it kills me.

Off-points have been going into RS, but they're just the 1 extra per 3 levels.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MpMV.V.GhRbxod0d.c

^ I think that's my build at 25. Haven't logged into the game today and about to head to bed, so...

On mobs, I stealth up, come in close, open with assassinate, hit puncture, then final blow. Then I start doing savage strikes until the mob is close to dead and hit it with another final blow.
    Last edited by Willaien; 03-02-2011 at 09:19 PM.

I've been looking and testing, but it's really hard to beat out a champion with the ridiculous burst damage. Stealth builds can do great burst, but you waste time stealthing.

After playing as a champion, playing on my rogue feels sssssllllllloooooowwwwww. I need to keep looking for a faster build.

It's kinda messed up that my warrior can outdps rogues and mages. I just ran an instance with my tank warrior (reaver/pally) and outdamaged everyone else, including 2 rogues and a mage. Something is messed when the tank is outdamaging everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast