+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Charge Booster

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Teddiursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    332

    Default Charge Booster

    What exactly does it do? The description is very vague.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Erravi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa View Post
    What exactly does it do? The description is very vague.
    On detonation it treats the damage done as if you had 6 charges instead of 5 I believe

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Toys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erravi View Post
    On detonation it treats the damage done as if you had 6 charges instead of 5 I believe
    Thats correct but don't believe it does 5+1 because charges disc only says up to 5 stacks but what you can do is a 4 Blast charge + 1 Stun charge and det it to turn it into a +5 Blast//2 sec stun explosion
    Last edited by Toys; 03-02-2011 at 04:37 PM.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Erravi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toys View Post
    Thats correct but don't believe it does 5+1 because charges disc only says up to 5 stacks but what you can do is a 4 Blast charge + 1 Stun charge and det it to turn it into a +5 Blast//2 sec stun explosion
    After reading it again, I think it adds +1 charge effectiveness to all types on the target. 5 blast charges deal 6 worth of damage, 4 Blast + 1 Concussive yields 5 blast damage and 2 Concussive stun/damage. So on and so forth.

    You only see 5 charges on target because that's the limit, Charge booster doesn't change how many you can have on target, just the strength of them when detonated.

  5. #5
    Rift Master Brizyrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erravi View Post
    After reading it again, I think it adds +1 charge effectiveness to all types on the target. 5 blast charges deal 6 worth of damage, 4 Blast + 1 Concussive yields 5 blast damage and 2 Concussive stun/damage. So on and so forth.

    You only see 5 charges on target because that's the limit, Charge booster doesn't change how many you can have on target, just the strength of them when detonated.
    It's actually a pretty clear description. For each different charge, it acts like there's one more on it.

    Whereas 5 blast charges would be 6 blast charges total-

    5 different charges would be 10 charges total.

  6. #6
    lud
    lud is offline
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    575

    Default

    You must have this is a sab otherwise when you get to about lvl 31 your dmg doesn't cut it anymore. Learn to bind more buttons it's no longer a 2 button mash. should be 25 bind minimum per class tho.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker Mellikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Yeah... though once you get 2/2 for increased Spike Charge duration, I believe the correct option is for 4 spike charge 1 blast charge, followed by a blast, shrapnel, splinter, ember, caltrop detonate, then repeat whole thing until the dot duration would be clipped by bosses death.

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Just to clarify, just like it says in the talent tooltips, you can't exceed 5 stacks of any individual charge.

    This has been tested and proven true. So popping 5 stacks of blast charge on a mob while you have Charge Booster is a waste. You'll never do more than 5 charges worth of damage. As other posters have mentioned either put 4/1 blast/spike (if using annihilation) or any combination of other charges (if using detonate).

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    Just to clarify, just like it says in the talent tooltips, you can't exceed 5 stacks of any individual charge.

    This has been tested and proven true. So popping 5 stacks of blast charge on a mob while you have Charge Booster is a waste. You'll never do more than 5 charges worth of damage. As other posters have mentioned either put 4/1 blast/spike (if using annihilation) or any combination of other charges (if using detonate).
    qft. I'd love to see A bomb detonate shrapnel charge, since it's phyisical damage too. A bomb users need more variety in what they can detonate

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts