+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charge Booster

Default Charge Booster

What exactly does it do? The description is very vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa View Post
    What exactly does it do? The description is very vague.
    On detonation it treats the damage done as if you had 6 charges instead of 5 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Erravi View Post
    On detonation it treats the damage done as if you had 6 charges instead of 5 I believe
    Thats correct but don't believe it does 5+1 because charges disc only says up to 5 stacks but what you can do is a 4 Blast charge + 1 Stun charge and det it to turn it into a +5 Blast//2 sec stun explosion
    Last edited by Toys; 03-02-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys View Post
    Thats correct but don't believe it does 5+1 because charges disc only says up to 5 stacks but what you can do is a 4 Blast charge + 1 Stun charge and det it to turn it into a +5 Blast//2 sec stun explosion
    After reading it again, I think it adds +1 charge effectiveness to all types on the target. 5 blast charges deal 6 worth of damage, 4 Blast + 1 Concussive yields 5 blast damage and 2 Concussive stun/damage. So on and so forth.

You only see 5 charges on target because that's the limit, Charge booster doesn't change how many you can have on target, just the strength of them when detonated.

Quote Originally Posted by Erravi View Post
    After reading it again, I think it adds +1 charge effectiveness to all types on the target. 5 blast charges deal 6 worth of damage, 4 Blast + 1 Concussive yields 5 blast damage and 2 Concussive stun/damage. So on and so forth.

You only see 5 charges on target because that's the limit, Charge booster doesn't change how many you can have on target, just the strength of them when detonated.
    It's actually a pretty clear description. For each different charge, it acts like there's one more on it.

Whereas 5 blast charges would be 6 blast charges total-

5 different charges would be 10 charges total.

lud
    Champion

You must have this is a sab otherwise when you get to about lvl 31 your dmg doesn't cut it anymore. Learn to bind more buttons it's no longer a 2 button mash. should be 25 bind minimum per class tho.

Yeah... though once you get 2/2 for increased Spike Charge duration, I believe the correct option is for 4 spike charge 1 blast charge, followed by a blast, shrapnel, splinter, ember, caltrop detonate, then repeat whole thing until the dot duration would be clipped by bosses death.

Champion

Just to clarify, just like it says in the talent tooltips, you can't exceed 5 stacks of any individual charge.

This has been tested and proven true. So popping 5 stacks of blast charge on a mob while you have Charge Booster is a waste. You'll never do more than 5 charges worth of damage. As other posters have mentioned either put 4/1 blast/spike (if using annihilation) or any combination of other charges (if using detonate).

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    Just to clarify, just like it says in the talent tooltips, you can't exceed 5 stacks of any individual charge.

This has been tested and proven true. So popping 5 stacks of blast charge on a mob while you have Charge Booster is a waste. You'll never do more than 5 charges worth of damage. As other posters have mentioned either put 4/1 blast/spike (if using annihilation) or any combination of other charges (if using detonate).
    qft. I'd love to see A bomb detonate shrapnel charge, since it's phyisical damage too. A bomb users need more variety in what they can detonate

+ Reply to Thread