+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sabos & finishers....

Rift Disciple

Default Sabos & finishers....

It's possible to use a different finisher than "detonate" for sabo; rotation looks like:

charge->charge->charge->charge->non-charge CP generator->finisher->charge->detonate.

Ideally the non-charge CP generator & finisher should be ranged, potentially from ranger or MM.

I've looked through the low-tier CP generators & finishers, and while most of the finishers had slightly higher damage than detonate, they weren't much higher.

I'm curious if anyone's actually parsed to compare DPS between that and a standard 5x-charge->detonate rotation?

Also, I'm curious about finishers which provide sufficient benefit besides their damage to warrant weaving them in.

Just looking to see what others have discovered. I'm not asking about which charges I should be using; that will vary from situation to situation. I'm curious to hear from other Sabo's who are weaving non-detonate finishers in, and what worked for them DPS-wise & utility-wise.

Cheers
    Puckey

...Bombs? Go Sabs / Marks?

If you get improved annihilation bomb it blows your charges with out using CPs allowing you to instantly perform a 5-point finisher after blowing 5 charges for lots of burst damage.

In PvP I use improved annihilation bomb to blow my charges, follow up with MM's Dead-eye finisher.
    Last edited by Smitteh; 03-02-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, I'm aware I can use annihilation bomb to trigger charges, but it only triggers two of the charge types, so I'm at best getting 7 charges out of that. My rotation gives me complete freedom on which charges I stack. On the other hand, annihilation bomb may still be better DPS than a 9-stack of various charges requiring an extra GCD... at some point I'll have to parse it.

Thanks on the deadeye finisher, I'll take a look at that one.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Puckey View Post
    charge->charge->charge->charge->non-charge CP generator->finisher->charge->detonate.
    Yes, this works. Single-CP finishers are energy hogs though, I'm not at all sure the dps gain would be worth it.

+ Reply to Thread