+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broken Abilities In Assassin...

Default Broken Abilities In Assassin...

Pure Malice - Needs to not break stealth.

Foul Play - Need to actually work for 4 seconds.

Malicious Strike - Needs to actually hit.

Leeching Poison - please remove, waste of an ability.

Blinding Powder - Needs to reduce chance to hit if damage applied to target.

Stealth - Needs to "Stealth" (So tired of being seen)

Shiftiing abilities need to place us BEHIND the enemy.

Finally....

Assassin - Needs to be BUFFED.

Telaran

Default QQ...

Seems like a bunch of whining... I think all those abilities work fine and I love my assassin. The class is all about being sneaky and an opportunist and outsmarting your opponent.

Yeah I dunno.

Seems to be workin fine for me. I never get seen in stealth.

Telaran

you should be aware of the level of the person yuor trying to sneak up on a 2-3 level difference will let them sort of see you.
    - you have an ability to use that reduces detection... granted for a few seconds but that should be all you need to open.
    -never had a problem with anythnig else.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Seems like a bunch of whining... I think all those abilities work fine and I love my assassin. The class is all about being sneaky and an opportunist and outsmarting your opponent.
    Please refrain from your typical fanboi-ism answers.

I'm glad you love your class....wtf does that have to do with the above mechanics of the abilities?

What is "fine" in the context of the ability mechanic?

Pure Malice...is so obvious a setup ability it's dumb we have to waste a gcd for an ability that is not instantly beneficial in the middle of a battle which will get you killed.

Foul Play...pop FP and count how long it actually last...that is if you can tell that it popped...and if you can it'll start on 3 or 2....pay mind you'll catch it not counting down correctly.

Malicious Strike...Our only real snare, fails, is countered 3 different ways by most classes, misses, dodged...any number of reasons should have this ability improved.

Leeching poison....I'd like to see the heals but lol w/e. (Yea this is "Fine")

Blindiing Powder...In comparison to other abilities we get chumped...A classic assassin need poisons, guess what poison does to this. Does fear, War Stuns, Sabo slows break on damage?...you figure it out.

Stealth...It;s more of a graphical issue with the game that leaves behind the ghost of a stealthy that you can follow succesfully to the target...Not "fine."

Shift abilities...(Riftstalker)...come on...you can land next to, near to, even behind just facing the wrong way.

To you it may be QQ, it is to most ppl that just accept w/e is given to them....not to me.
    You have your opinion, I have mines...I just like a bit more quality.

Pure Malice - Meh. Could go either way.

Foul Play - It's called Diminishing Returns bro.

Malicious Strike - You have bad rng because mine sure hits.

Leeching Poison - No, it has its uses.

Blinding Powder - It is fine how it is.

Stealth - Your an idiot, if they changed Stealth to be like in WoW, ALL other classes would cry about it. They are not going to do it.

"Shiftiing abilities need to place us BEHIND the enemy": Go use Riftstalker as one of your souls.

Finally....

Assassin - Needs to be BUFFED. <-------- This I agree with.

beaten to it.. nothing wrong with assasin, the stealth bug though isn't a bug its people detecting you, so if your higher level than someone and detect them instead of stealth just Breaking they have a shadow trail. but someone lower than you might not see the trail,
    .One.Kon - Defiant Rogue - Briarcliff
    Stay Safe - Stay Invisible!!!

Soulwalker

the only thing i want them to buff on sin is the arp they replaced with the crit on openers from stealth and backstab. i do not care about anything else they do or have done to sin that is all i want them to fix/replace. i highly doubt that it will ever be fixed but a man can dream.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Inardle View Post
    the only thing i want them to buff on sin is the arp they replaced with the crit on openers from stealth and backstab. i do not care about anything else they do or have done to sin that is all i want them to fix/replace. i highly doubt that it will ever be fixed but a man can dream.
    At level 20 I see level 24's in stealth quite easily.. I have no special buffs to see stealth.

None of those are broken. If your stun isn't lasting the full 4 seconds it's because of either diminishing returns (if they've been stunned by someone else recently) or they ave passive skills that reduce the length of CC on them. Both of these are good things.

Yes, they could use a slight dmg increase at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by loombut View Post
    Please refrain from your typical fanboi-ism answers.

I'm glad you love your class....wtf does that have to do with the above mechanics of the abilities?

What is "fine" in the context of the ability mechanic?

Pure Malice...is so obvious a setup ability it's dumb we have to waste a gcd for an ability that is not instantly beneficial in the middle of a battle which will get you killed.

Foul Play...pop FP and count how long it actually last...that is if you can tell that it popped...and if you can it'll start on 3 or 2....pay mind you'll catch it not counting down correctly.

Malicious Strike...Our only real snare, fails, is countered 3 different ways by most classes, misses, dodged...any number of reasons should have this ability improved.

Leeching poison....I'd like to see the heals but lol w/e. (Yea this is "Fine")

Blindiing Powder...In comparison to other abilities we get chumped...A classic assassin need poisons, guess what poison does to this. Does fear, War Stuns, Sabo slows break on damage?...you figure it out.

Stealth...It;s more of a graphical issue with the game that leaves behind the ghost of a stealthy that you can follow succesfully to the target...Not "fine."

Shift abilities...(Riftstalker)...come on...you can land next to, near to, even behind just facing the wrong way.

To you it may be QQ, it is to most ppl that just accept w/e is given to them....not to me.
    You have your opinion, I have mines...I just like a bit more quality.
    Please refrain from your typical "You didn't agree with me, you must be fan-boi, therefor your opinion means nothing" responses.

Champion of Telara

I think part of the problem is when you say broken you might be giving the impression you dont think the abillities are working as intended. So when someone tells you that Foul Play is not 4 seconds because of DR they are saying why it is, not that they think thats the way it should be.

Im not really going to comment on the specific buffs you proposed because I havent played a lot of assassin. Some of the problems you are having could be becuase of poor play though and might not be a balance issue. Im not going to go into specifics unless you are interested.

Personally I think its rediculous when someone tries to come up with their own ideas for buffs. Lets let someone unbiased with a better understanding of how they want the game to be balanced do that. If you think assassins are underpowered that fine its your opinion. Try a Nightblade the stealth is worse but they destroy people.
    Last edited by Vespera; 03-03-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Removed the quote

Quote Originally Posted by loombut View Post
    Pure Malice - Needs to not break stealth.

Foul Play - Need to actually work for 4 seconds.

Malicious Strike - Needs to actually hit.

Leeching Poison - please remove, waste of an ability.

Blinding Powder - Needs to reduce chance to hit if damage applied to target.

Stealth - Needs to "Stealth" (So tired of being seen)

Shiftiing abilities need to place us BEHIND the enemy.

Finally....

Assassin - Needs to be BUFFED.
    I agree, I switched to a sab spec and my DPS went through the roof. Assasin does need some buffing and stealth should be looked at. stuff 3 levels lower than me is was seeing me very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodoz View Post
    At level 20 I see level 24's in stealth quite easily.. I have no special buffs to see stealth.
    Same here, this afternoon my Shaman/Justi/Warden at L31 was watching a Defiant L37 walking along a ridgeline while I was on the valley floor. So not even remotely close. I couldn't target them so that it would stick, but I could have easily dropped a ranged AoE on to them, IF I had had one..

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
    Same here, this afternoon my Shaman/Justi/Warden at L31 was watching a Defiant L37 walking along a ridgeline while I was on the valley floor. So not even remotely close. I couldn't target them so that it would stick, but I could have easily dropped a ranged AoE on to them, IF I had had one..
    well sometimes if you linger too much you will be seen. There are also classes that buff stealth detection like the BM so you have to recognize those buffs. Overall though I just play like people are going to be able to see me and I dont really have an issue. I dont get close unless Im about to pop and whenever possible I try to stay out of the targets front arc.

Some people might want stealth to be a little easier, but I usually have no problem with it. I am going to mention that I play a NB so I dont have to get quite as close as assassins do, but I get sapped while I am in stealth by assassins all the time so it could be worse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast